Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Attention Walt Simonson! Tatoo help requested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Walt Simonson! Tatoo help requested!

Sorry, all, but I've fallen in love with the drawing in the inside back cover of Making of a Sorceror, and was wondering if Mr. Simonson might have a pic that showed the whole sword. I would be most appreciative of any help I could get.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

That's a clip & rotate of the cover of issue #1. Various bits of the design are seen throughout that issue.
    Best/Mario

Comment

You might want to post in the Making of a Sorceror forum. Walt pops in there from time to time.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by Mario
        That's a clip & rotate of the cover of issue #1. Various bits of the design are seen throughout that issue.
        Thanks! I'll have to dig that out. I've only got #3 and 4 handy. I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
          You might want to post in the Making of a Sorceror forum. Walt pops in there from time to time.
          Thank you, I'll give it a whirl!

Comment

...or, and was wondering if Mr. Simonson might have a pic that showed the whole sword.
            I fear not. Whatever drawings of this particular version of the sword there are would be inside the comic. They at least will probably show you what sort of tip I had in mind for the far end of the blade. (I don't have a copy handy or I'd check myself.) The original drawing is the one on the cover of Issue 1. The drawing was designed to be 'cropped' against the left hand margin of the cover. So I only drew the sword in that illustration a little beyond what you see on the cover to allow for adjustments DC might have to make in production. But I never drew the whole sword for the cover.

In the inside back cover, you can see that DC simply extended the sword by repeating some of the runes that appeared on the cover illustration of the blade.

I'm sorry there isn't more. But feel free to invent your own runes. That seems to me to have a nice Moorcockian indeterminate quality I associate with the ever-shifting multiverse.

Best/Walter

Comment

Thanks! I'll go dig out #1 and go from there. May I add that I've long loved your work and really enjoyed this series? I guess I just did.

Comment

Working...
              X