Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Letting me down gently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting me down gently

I have gotten some great rejections lately---- rejections, great or not, are a writer's first experience, and until you are at the level of Steven King or Robert B. Parker you are just going to have them as a part of your everyday world.
    But the last three or four in a row have had a much different tone than I am used to. The one I got today made me laugh out loud:

Hi. I really enjoyed your story. If only we'd gotten a dozen more this good. But we didn't. As a result, Lodestone has been put on hold. Sorry to have kept you waiting. I hoped to get some good submissions between now and when you submitted, but didn't.

Drew
    True or not, this is almost at the level of the apochryphal rejection from a Japanese magazine where the editor declined because printing it would be so close to the ultimate expression on the topic that printing any other story after would be unnecesary.

what the.....

Does that mean that your story is too good for them?

Is that like being overqualified?

Thanks for sharing that.

I am sorry that it was rejected, MichaelEhart.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Surely the person who wrote that should be in the diplomatic corps. If only more people could be this polite when they say no.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
      X