Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

My excitement level is through the roof!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My excitement level is through the roof!

Hello my fellow Moorcockians!

I am so happy right now! I was going to save this for the tv show thread,

but the Star Trek convention turned out to be so very much fun!!!

More fun than I had imagined or anticipated!

This post is part one of my description! I am way too wound up to form thoughts right now, so I will write more later!!!!

In the meantime, here are some great autographs that I got at the convention!

Thanks!

-Lemec (Joe)

Ray Park! He is so cool!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0661917/

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Felix Silla! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0798061/

He was in alot of movies and tv shows too!

I loved this episode of Buck Rogers that he was in. I think it was a two part
    episode!

Of course, he also played Twiki.

He was in alot of stuff that I watched.
    Last edited by lemec; 08-19-2006, 09:52 PM.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

William Wellman Jr. !!! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920041/

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

David is going to love this one!!!

Richard Kiel !!!!!

-after I chose this picture, he told me that Capt. Drazak was his favorite character that he played!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001423/
        Last edited by lemec; 08-19-2006, 09:55 PM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Ray Park (in background) looks on as Lemec is being crushed by Richard Kiel!

It was such a fantastic day, that I am actually speechless for once.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Ray Park is a very kind man. (and highly skilled and brilliant as well!)

He even stood beside me for this magnificent photograph!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

This is William Wellman Jr. signing a picture for me!

He acted in many movies and his father was a very famous director.

I liked him in the Billy Jack movies, so that is why I chose that photograph over many other different ones that he had at the table.

Next year, I will try to get all the wonderful autographs that I missed this year. It is so cool to meet everyone in person. I hope to meet more of them next time!

Thanks for stopping by for a look at my images!

-Lemec

P.S. By the way, that is my Blue Oyster Cult hat that I am wearing!
              Last edited by lemec; 08-19-2006, 09:45 PM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hahahaha..You crazy fellow. That looks like it was a blast. Im glad you had a good time Lemec. Did you get to meet Shatner??

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                  Hahahaha..You crazy fellow. That looks like it was a blast. Im glad you had a good time Lemec. Did you get to meet Shatner??
                  Hello voilodian ghagnasdiak!

Thanks, it was a spectacular time!

I did not meet William Shatner, but I did see him in person.

Leonard Nimoy talked on stage for about 20 minutes, then Shatner went

on and talked. Afterward him and Nimoy talked together on stage and answered questions.

(I did meet Nimoy once when he promoted a new audiobook.)

(I also saw Bill Shatner one other time in Pittsburgh, but he did not sign that day.)

I held off, because-wthout advance purchase it was $70 each to get their
                  autograph. or photograph. I was being frugal,haha. Fortunately, I did not have any travel expense, being in vegas finally paid off!

Next year, there is always next year. ;)

For the Boston Legal watchers out there......

I did get to hear Shatner say,"Denny Crane!"
                  Last edited by lemec; 08-19-2006, 10:27 PM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before...

Set Phasers On Stun!

Admin warning: Not Safe For Work
                    Dave might have to delete this one, Im not sure but save it if you can.
                    Last edited by David Mosley; 08-20-2006, 12:43 AM.

Comment

yes, I am sorry to say that it calls for deletion, according to the guidelines, might be best to self-censor that one.

The thought is much appreciated though.

Thanks, voilodian.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

the mask button with an annonce should be enough.

Comment

Yep, the 'Mask' feature works with images as well, so I've edited VG's post to do just that.

Sounds like you had a blast, Lem'. So glad you enjoyed yourself.
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Lemec, I just have to say that is one hell of a shirt

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                              Yep, the 'Mask' feature works with images as well, so I've edited VG's post to do just that.

Sounds like you had a blast, Lem'. So glad you enjoyed yourself.

Thanks very much, David!

(I am sorry I forgot about the mask feature, good thinking, guys!)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                              X