Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Annual Anti-Valentine's Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentines day is a sham, i dont celebrate it.

Comment

Today's Friday 13th, and the kids will bring home their mid-term report cards. We will read and assure them of our eternal love, regardless of what they've scored. So much for To-DAY.

Hey DeeCrow...! Look what you've kicked loose - this is already a four pages long thread.
      Google ergo sum

Comment

OH!
        Let also me publicly applaud the presence of girls, women - no - LADIES (I am a little old-fashioned) on this forum.
        (Gentleman, we can consider ourselves blessed and very lucky.)

With my sincerest expressions of joy I thank For-Eva and Cypher for outing themselves.
        Best Regards,
        L'Etranger
        (peculiar that the "Stranger"-theme is there in already two screen names...)
        Google ergo sum

Comment

I second LEtranger's welcome.

Eva, Cypher, nice to "meet" you.

:arrow: Smiles everyone, Smiles...

.wav of Ricardo above
          When they had advanced together to meet on common
          ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
          and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
          each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
          mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
          killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

*smiles*

Originally posted by LEtranger
            (peculiar that the "Stranger"-theme is there in already two screen names...)
            I thought that too... But I wasn't going to mention it. Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
              Hey DeeCrow...! Look what you've kicked loose - this is already a four pages long thread.
              I know, and it's had 260 or so views... er, not that I'm counting or anything. Heh!

Of course, we must all celebrate Friday the 13th in the traditional way: Dress up in a hockey mask and make too many damned sequels.

D...
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

[quote="DeeCrowSeer
                Of course, we must all celebrate Friday the 13th in the traditional way: Dress up in a hockey mask and make too many damned sequels.

D...[/quote]

Now Friday the 13th, what a missed opportunity for Hallmark! There could be some really dark humour on the cards. Just think what sort of balloons and teddies they could sell too...

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher
                  Now Friday the 13th, what a missed opportunity for Hallmark! There could be some really dark humour on the cards. Just think what sort of balloons and teddies they could sell too...
                  Oh, absolutely. Hallmark should fire a couple of people who've been sleeping. Bums!
                  And they could make a double profit if they put the sanme stuff out in Latin America where Tuesday 13th is analogous to our Friday 13th!
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

Maybe they could make a cards that have "bad luck". When you open it, a small mirror inside is broken or the card tells you to pass it back and forth in front of you before opening, and inside is a picture of a black cat.

Or one that squirts ink at you! Maybe that's April Fool's :lol:
                    When they had advanced together to meet on common
                    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Ok folks!
                      Speaking of Valentines, your friendly
                      neighborhood poet Jerico has some old stuff for
                      you:

V-Day
                      by
                      Jer (2-day 2-14-01)

V-Day!
                      Well it's no better than D-Day!
                      who says I gotta buy flowers?
                      They're goddamn over-priced to begin with!
                      Even if I were "in love"
                      I never think of [white] doves
                      or thank the Lord above
                      you can stick it all up your ass
                      and I'll give it one good shove!

I've had enough!!

Fuck Valentine's day! ;)

--------
                      Sex On Valentine's Day
                      by Jerico
                      (2-14-02)

Heart shaped candy coated kisses

Cologne scented card, blood red
                      filled with terms of endearment

A boquet of pleasant smelling flora

and a big stuffed bear bearing tidings
                      of love and Romanza

"Flowers for you," he said.

Oblivious of the societal pressure for conformity

Thoughts sans the anthropomorphism of furry animales

Her head floated in Nirvana

"Come fuck me," she said.

====
                      No new ones... how many V-poems can one write?
                      I guess two is enough for a life time, unless the muse
                      says otherwise. until then... :lol:
                      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                      Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Good stuff there Jerico. Do you work for Hallmark? Personally, I don't think there are nearly enough greeting card poems with the word "anthropomorphism" in them.

D...
                        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

If you don't work for Hallmark Jerico, why not? Cards containing your verses would certainly make a refreshing change from the usual pap! I might even be tempted to buy and send one.
                          Very funny post, more please if the muse allows :D

Comment

I really amuse myself with this one! LOL

Movie review
                            from Cookie Cut-out Entertainment magazine writer, Jerico...

Lord of The Dance Rings

Rated PG-13

Brought together by Riverdance's Michael Flatley and Tolkien Enterprises, this is a delightful 3 hour and 40 minute musical on film. Parallelling and extending the ideas in the Peter Jackson film, the Bilbo Baggins's birthday scene is extended another 20 minutes, elborating on the few seconds of dance shown in the dramatic film. The birthday celebration dances of Frodo and Gandalf run 10 minutes total, 1000 fold longer than the 3 seconds in the Jackson film--enough to satisfy any dance aficionado. In an associated press interview, Sir Ean McKellan said, "I am doing much better now; it was well worth the effort," when asked of his collapse due to a heart attack during the filming of the new musical. "Of course, the weed helped especially!" he mused.

It is predicted that Lord of the Dance Rings will be even more successful than the Jackson film (which won 4 out of 13 Academy Award nominations including Best Picture Featuring Blue Eyed People). Scheduled for it's Cannes Film festival premier next month, the new musical on film recieved rave reviews at the Hong Kong Movie Awards earlier this month. Asian film magazine Hai! writer Ha Chu wrote, "I was bedazzeled! I highly commend the CGI team in their creation of The Dancing Balrog. It is unprecedented!"

Executive Dance Coordinator/Producer Michael Flatley commented:

Ever since I chose to resign from Riverdance, I've been looking for a new project

to work on and be immersed in. I loved every minute of The Lord of the Dance

Rings movie making experience. [This film] combines the things I most enjoy in life:

dance, fantasy, flamboyant costumes, monkey sex and leiderhosen.

I'm confident that it will be an international hit [A giant sneer on his face --Ed.],

and I will finally have enough money for two lifetimes! [laughing]

Movie Maker Magazine speculates that LOTDR musical on film will take more Oscars in 2003 than the dramatic fantasy/action movie took in this year's Academy Awards ceremony. The award most likely to be won is thought to be Best Picture With the Greatest Deviation from the Original Vision, although Francis Ford Copolla's Blackula 2002 is a strong dark horse in the running.

Lord of the Dance Rings opens Nationally late next month
                            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"

Comment

'Movie Maker Magazine speculates that LOTDR musical on film will take more Oscars in 2003 '

Ahhh! but what I want to know, is will LOTDR contain dancing badgers, as in the clip on:
                              http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/

Check the toon entitled:

special edition 4th December 2003
                              An extra special edition trailer for The Two Towers. By Skoo and Weebl.

If so, it will be a sure fire hit!

Comment

Cypher

Neither of the computers I use was able to "drive" that Two Towers animation parody that you posted. What software does that site use?

Oh well. Surely it can't be better than the dancing balrog I envision?

Comment

Working...
                                X