Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

my message of the day, I love this painting (from the image hive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my message of the day, I love this painting (from the image hive)

Hello,

I never saw this painting before in the gallery.

Bravo to the artist! It's really great! A nice bit of "EC" humor.

this is the link, please enjoy!

http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/...2_itemId=52337

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Ah, it's by Wendy Pini. Thought I recognised the style.

Wouldn't it be great if Mike and Wendy collaborated on an Elric comic?

Comment

Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Ya, that would be cool.

To me, it kinda has the old style of the Renaissance paintings combined with the cover art or other fantasy art of the late 70's. It a very cool effect.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
          To me, it kinda has the old style of the Renaissance paintings combined with the cover art or other fantasy art of the late 70's. It a very cool effect.
          She used to do cover art in the 70s, but she's most well known for the Elfquest comic series.

Comment

ahh,very cool! I probably did see some of her stuff before,then.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I never saw this painting before in the gallery.
              So, can you identify all the figures in the painting?
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                So, can you identify all the figures in the painting?

hmm, good question.

Arioch,Stormbringer,The Lords of Law, Moonglum,Elric,Phoorn Dragon,Cymoril,Zarozina,Rackhir the Red Archer?

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hmmm... never heard of Phoorn Dragon... which book did I miss... thought the dark skinned gal was likely Yishana and I believe the gent in back may be Dyvim Slorm rather than Rackhir.

Great pic, saw it before. Wendy actually started work on a graphic novel called "Law & Chaos" that was based on the Elric series and I believe was supposed to be the precursor to an animated series. For some reason, the deal fell through, but if you google you might come up with some of the art she did for it. Though it might be argued her art is a little too soft looking for the EC material, (I think Mike actually criticized it as 'overly romanticized') she is very talented and the book is fun to look at if you manage to scrounge up a copy somewhere. (I saw it years ago, but do not own it)

Note: To clarify, the book is not a full story. It is just pieces of the saga she had drawn with her commentary.
                  Last edited by Eldren Rogue; 08-10-2006, 12:51 PM.

Comment

hmm, good question.

Arioch,Stormbringer,The Lords of Law, Moonglum,Elric,Phoorn Dragon,Cymoril,Zarozina,Rackhir the Red Archer?
                    Oh, it is Rackhir, I thought it is Robin.
                    Google ergo sum

Comment

Is he Rackhir? I'm agreed to L'Etranger, he is a rockabilly guy, not the Red Archer...
                      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

And Naomi Campbell is on the picture, too. Always nice to see.
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

ya, probably not Rackhir.

I know Elric's world is in no way lighthearted, but it is still a funny interpretation. Maybe on some facet of the Multiverse, Elric is a happy guy.
                          Last edited by lemec; 08-10-2006, 10:31 PM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by Eldren Rogue
                            Great pic, saw it before. Wendy actually started work on a graphic novel called "Law & Chaos" that was based on the Elric series and I believe was supposed to be the precursor to an animated series. For some reason, the deal fell through,
                            Aye, it did. I was the president/coordinator/guy-in-charge of Mike's international fan club around the time that book came out.

If I never get another phone call from Richard Pini, it won't be too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pellaz
                              If I never get another phone call from Richard Pini, it won't be too soon.
                              Spill the beans, Pellaz!

Comment

Working...
                              X