Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Last Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From The Inner Mind To

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
      Didn't King Missle sing that song...?
      Yeah, that's probably where I originally heard the term, too, Lemec.

I suspect the reason you found my analogy goofy, voilodian, is because... you didn't understand it? Missed my point? Happen to be a handgun owner and were offended, but unlike Lemec (who can agree to disagree) you simply resort to passive aggression in lieu of civil discussion? Or maybe you just meant 'goofy' in a good way and it was just .

But to be honest, I know what it feels like to lose the desire to hang around. Ever since the site has been back up I've personally felt out of place here. It's not the overstuffed chair by the fireside it used to be. Many of my old friends have left and many of the new people are, well...

...anyway, Idiot_Savant isn't the first person I've grown to like who has stopped hanging out here and I'm beginning to think the personal interaction with Mike is really all that's left here for me.

Ah, well. Plus اa Change, Plus C'est La Même Chose.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
        ...Or maybe Rose playing a naughty prank? There was something odd about the whole lot, but Im probably viewed as being the same!
        Aww, Voilodian, is this just your way of saying you miss me? I've been busy lately, I know, but I'll be back!
        I just know you didn't really mean that
        Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
        -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Ok I guess I jumped the gun here. Woohoo! I am so punny I can't stand it!

PWV Wrote
          Quote:
          It's all masturbation with a metal, detachable penis.

I Savant Wrote
          Quote:
          Though, I must say you guys are very sexy and virile

Man; whatever she finds sexy and virile about that statement is Waaay beyond me. I found it a trifle goofy.
          Makes me glad that Im lacking in female hormones!
          I am goofy and damned proud of it! Wanna take it outside, big guy? :-p :razz: (Now where is a mooning smilie when i need one?)

PsychicWarVeteran wrote:
          ...anyway, Idiot_Savant isn't the first person I've grown to like who has stopped hanging out here and I'm beginning to think the personal interaction with Mike is really all that's left here for me.
          I didn't know you cared! come here and get a big fat hug, you sexy virile thing you!

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Savant
            I didn't know you cared! come here and get a big fat hug, you sexy virile thing you!
            Wow, you really don't truly appreciate the remarkable level of sweetness until she hugs you. *PWV stumbles off with an insatiable desire to be nice to someone*
            Last edited by PsychicWarVeteran; 08-03-2006, 06:56 AM.

Comment

PWV Wrote
              I suspect the reason you found my analogy goofy, voilodian, is because... you didn't understand it? Missed my point? Happen to be a handgun owner and were offended, but unlike Lemec (who can agree to disagree) you simply resort to passive aggression in lieu of civil discussion? Or maybe you just meant 'goofy' in a good way and it was just .
              If I am coming across as aggressive, I apologize. Im reading my text from the wrong side and not realizing how Im portraying myself. Yes, a lot of my friends and I do have or have had firearms, but I think possibly in a more serious sense. We dont appreciate mishandling or playing with said items in our presence. To each his own however, I have no right to judge your people for their actions. I gathered that the detachable p***s thing was a parody of some sort henceforth came the word g***y. I have to admit however that I have never heard that song. Im starting to sense an age gap in the content of some posts also and find that Im not savy to a lot of the more current culture. That is nobody's problem but my own. I guess you could boil it all down to growing pains PWV.

PWV Wrote
              Wow, you really don't truly appreciate the remarkable level of sweetness until she hugs you.
              And no She's not just glad to see you, that really is a pistol in her pocket. Is this final farewell going to be something akin to the very last Who concert of all time that I attended in 1978?
              Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 08-03-2006, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Im starting to sense an age gap in the content of some posts also and find that Im not savy to a lot of the more current culture. That is nobody's problem but my own. I guess you could boil it all down to growing pains PWV.
                I'm 39 (for what it's worth) but I often live my life like I'm 20. I'm basically a kid with an adult's experiences. This allows me to be completely immersed in pop culture while at the same time dealing with the more 'mature' aspects of my station (parenting, working, paying taxes, etc.). I think it's a direct result of my ADHD.

With regard to I_S deciding maybe she was a bit hasty: people sometimes need time to think things through; decide where they stand. Today isn't the first time I've considered walking away from this forum. And yet I've been here for over two years now...

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                  I'm 39 (for what it's worth) but I often live my life like I'm 20. I'm basically a kid with an adult's experiences.

I can relate PWV. I'm just a little more than two months away from 40 but, sometimes unfortunately, live like I'm 20.
                  I've had to do a lot of growing up in the last 18 months or so.

BTW, I also know the King Missile song!

Comment

Power Armour / Armour for Everyday
                    © Michael Moorcock

Your armour is valuable
                    If you give yourselves up it will destroy you
                    Your armour is very strong
                    Once you put it on it is almost impossible to remove
                    Wear it carefully
                    It will protect you against all enemies, including yourself.

Your armour should be kept in perfect condition
                    Any weakness should be reported immediately
                    Your armour will protect you from all conceivable danger
                    Especially from within
                    It will enable you to resist all temptation
                    And all change.

Your Armour and gleams so well
                    Enabling you to move through hell
                    And keep your enemies at bay
                    Through darkest night and brightest day
                    And if you keep it carefully
                    You will burn in it
                    And die in it
                    And never know you didn't have to wear it.

My Armour's killing me
                    My armour holds me tight
                    My armour blocks the light
                    My armour's all I want
                    'Cause I'm too scared to shed it.

My armour's killing me
                    Please don't ever tear it
                    I need to bad to wear it.

My armour's killing me.

I was referring to MWM going through growing pains. Everytime new people move into a workplace or public group such as this growing pains ensue. As little as we may seem to have in common, the fact of the matter is that we have a great deal in common compliments of the combined artworks of Michael Moorcock. Can you let down your shield and tell me what has changed so drastically in the last 2 years that you are contemplating leaving?

Comment

Hmm, a person is allowed to change their mind aren't they? Some of the replies to this thread were very kind and I reconsidered, that's all.
                      Oh and yes I am all woman, through and through, not a black widow eunich.

Comment

Your next line is...
                        Welcome To My Parlour... Said The...
                        Glad to see you back IS.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Savant
                          Hmm, a person is allowed to change their mind aren't they? Some of the replies to this thread were very kind and I reconsidered, that's all.
                          So glad to hear it! I'm currently going through the exact opposite of that.

...the fact of the matter is that we have a great deal in common compliments of the combined artworks of Michael Moorcock.
                          Yup, it's the only reason I'm still here. That, and actually being able to directly ask Mike questions.

Can you let down your shield and tell me what has changed so drastically in the last 2 years that you are contemplating leaving?
                          Shield stays up, but I can talk to you from behind it. It's not my desire to bring people down, so please remember that you asked. But do feel free to get out your violin.

I suppose it's the very 'growing pains' you mention. Some of my closest friends here don't even post anymore (who knows if they even drop by) and others hardly post anything. Sure, I've had a few decent conversations since the site has come back up, but nothing like it used to be, and the personalities of certain newer members are tedious at best and downright repellent at worst. Mike's participation has become my only real reason for not removing MM from my bookmarks.

The spirit and collaboration which spawned such cool things as The World's Most Well-Travelled Book and Prototype X seems (to me) to be completely limp and with shallow breath -- having, I guess, not been fed in some time -- and is only waiting for someone, anyone, to come and bury a bludgeon in its skull.

I'm having a hard time watching it die...

See, I told you a violin would be helpful. Perhaps a piece in D Minor?

Comment

PWV Wrote
                            the personalities of certain newer members are tedious at best and downright repellent at worst.
                            Gee, I kinda feel like Im using a screen door for a shit shield. Anyways, I was hoping you'd come right out and say it but I get the drift. Im not here to antagonize,argue or make anyone elses life miserable, just to have a bit of fun. I've avoided your religious discussions so as not to insult you or any other members with my eccentric views. Tell me if and when you dont appreciate the context of what Im saying and I'll try and view it as constructive crticism.

I only like the violin when Simon House is behind it.

Comment

Anyways, I was hoping you'd come right out and say it but I get the drift.
                              I'm not sure what you wanted me to come right out and say.

Im not here to antagonize,argue or make anyone elses life miserable, just to have a bit of fun.
                              Oh, I get it, you think I was referring to you. I wasn't. If you were one of the people who seriously annoys me, I would have simply ignored your question.

I've avoided your religious discussions so as not to insult you or any other members with my eccentric views.
                              Glad you brought this up because I should make it clear that I have no problems with people having views, eccentric or not, which conflict with my own. In fact, getting intelligent, differing viewpoints is why I participate in debate here. No, alternate opinions are not a problem with me.

Tell me if and when you dont appreciate the context of what Im saying and I'll try and view it as constructive crticism.
                              Well, you could get to know me better before calling my metaphors "goofy".

We're all here to have a bit of fun. Problem is, it gets less and less fun for me by the day. I'll probably pull out of it eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                                I'll probably pull out of it eventually.
                                I hope so. Like it or not, you're one of us...

Comment

Working...
                                X