Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Seattle shooting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle shooting...

Hello. I don't want to get into the motivation behind the shooting (there are more appropriate corners of the forum for that sort of debate), I just wanted to check that all our Multiversers over there are okay. Yes?
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

I'm ok (not too many Islamofascists in darkest Hampshire - yet) - but I'm feeling appalled. I'm wondering whether any of my left wing comrades will have the guts to condemn this.
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

I didn't know any of the victims. Sounds like some lone looney gets his 15 minutes of fame.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...tingweb29.html
      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Lone gunman, nutter (possibly, although he may just plead temporary insanity due to being driven out of his mind through sense of injustice), high profile, Media attention.

Spare a thought for the literally untold, un-telled, untotaled, uncounted, Lebanese civilians who have been annhilated in the last week, or two. Systematic destruction. Even UN observers are not immune.

Think about how such 'news' information gets handled and reported. Feel free to weep.
        Last edited by Pietro_Mercurios; 07-29-2006, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios
          Spare a thought for...
          I just wanted to check that my friends in the Seattle area were okay. Please try to keep to the topic.
          Last edited by DeeCrowSeer; 07-30-2006, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
            I just wanted to check that my friends in the Seattle area were okay. Please try to keep to the topic.
            Fair enough, but don't worry, terrible as the act was, apparently one person was killed whilst about five were wounded. A nasty crime, but the guy seems to have stopped and given himself up.

I was really replying to:
            Originally posted by Mikey_C
            I'm ok (not too many Islamofascists in darkest Hampshire - yet) - but I'm feeling appalled. I'm wondering whether any of my left wing comrades will have the guts to condemn this.
            What exactly is it that requires the condemnation of 'left wing comrades'? A horrible act of violence by a single individual, acting out of what reasoning, I am really not going to second guess, whilst systematic acts such as: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5228224.stm has become a regular occurrence, in Lebanon and Gaza.

Comment

What exactly is it that requires the condemnation of 'left wing comrades'? A horrible act of violence by a single individual, acting out of what reasoning, I am really not going to second guess, whilst systematic acts such as: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5228224.stm has become a regular occurrence, in Lebanon and Gaza.
              Sorry guys, I didn't mean to hijack the thread with my own problems. I've started a new one to explain.
              Last edited by Mikey_C; 07-31-2006, 03:15 AM.
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Hey, Dee! I'm still alive and well. Thanks for asking!

My wife was downtown when it happened and so she came home that night in tears, having had to ride her bus right past the spot where the shooting occurred. She didn't see anything gruesome, but just the thought of such useless action really got her down. She'll be happy to hear Dee was concerned.
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Glad everyone's cool.

I still foolishly believe that such things only happen in America, even though one of my old haunts (the fine city of Nottingham) is currently number one for gun crime and murder in the UK...

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                    Glad everyone's cool.

I still foolishly believe that such things only happen in America, even though one of my old haunts (the fine city of Nottingham) is currently number one for gun crime and murder in the UK...

The London bombings have been a source of concern for your friends on the West Coast.
                    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

i'm also very glad to read that PWV and partner are okay, by the way.

Comment

i'm also very glad to read that PWV and partner are okay, by the way.
                        Thanks, friend!
                        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Hadn't seen this thread. Guns again. How terrible, sorry for the victims, and glad you guys (and gals) are all safe.
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                          X