Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Dogs:Are Siberian Huskies WERECATS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs:Are Siberian Huskies WERECATS?

Ive had a total of 16 Siberian Huskies over the years.My current husky's name is Mush. Mush acts like a cat more than a dog. He stretches out on couches in the sun and grooms his paws. He's constantly rubbing the side of his face on corners of furniture or walls. He even likes to rub the side of his belly along your leg as he walks by. I have never seen so many cat like characteristics in a dog. Mush has no odor whatsover and is shiny clean yet we never bath him anymore. We washed him when he was younger but he would go outside and roll in opossum, or racoon dung until the soap smell was gone. Mush grooms himself and has a beautiful shiny coat. Ive noticed a woman on the internet selling "puppycats" which are cats that she breeds that have doglike characteristics. A Hyena seems to be a dog/cat hybrid. Maybe Dogs And Cats are related and their discontent for each other is only sibling rivalry. Any other odd canine traits out there?

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/conte.../331/7527/1220

dogs, cats and human beings share the same genes ......

Comment

I had a dog- Australian Cattle Dog (Red Heeler) mix- who was very clean, too. She was incredibly agile, but I'm sure that's a trait of that breed. Maybe since she was part Dingo... you can't very well sneak up on your prey when you stink like... well, like some dogs stink.
      Cats have little glands, in their mouths, in their pads and in front of their ears, AFAIK, for marking... things. Maybe dogs do too.

We also have a cat, Ozzy the Asthmatic, who is not bashful when he feels amorous. He'll jump in your lap, usually when least expected, and wrap his arms tightly around your neck, licking your face, drooling and purring in pure bliss. He has also mastered the art of roadkill poses:
      Oz.jpg
      Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

I think Ozzy might be part opossum. Ive caught quite a few opossums and they look as mean as hell. If you run at them and yell they fall over and play dead. They are a docile creature and will only hurt your garbage can and its contents. Its a shame that we outlive our friends but Im sure that they feel the same way.

Comment

I like Ozzy
          Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Originally posted by Hieronymus
            I like Ozzy
            I meant to mention that he also comes running when called (doglike), and loves to come along on walks. At some point in his young life he lost 1/3 of his tail, and now has the appearance of a skunk from behind. He's one of those animals that definitely walks to the beat of hisown little drum. And yes, he was named for Ozzy Osbourne...
            We were recently adopted by a creature that resembles a terrier. I'm pretty sure he's a Gremlin, myself.
            Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
            -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
              I meant to mention that he also comes running when called (doglike), and loves to come along on walks.
              Conner also and my last cat Muad'Dib do the same thing.
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Working...
              X