Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Sun
    replied
    I recently bought what I thought was cinnamon flavored whisky. It had crazy high sugar content, and I went very low carb back in January. Tasty, but super disappointing as it wasn’t good for the diet. Live and learn I guess.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    I recently had some Crystal Head Vodka, from a miniature crystal skull bottle.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    That looks excellent. You have a slice a very good life if the taste matches the appeal of the can and the color of the pour.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Today, I have been mostly drinking, Session Pale Ale Steam Brew (4.9%), from the Lidl. Lighter than the Imperial Pale ale, but v.good value for money. I'm not being paid to promote this stuff, but the can art is just sublime. 😋

SPA_00.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
    Tonight, I've had a couple of of Gulpener pils & one of those Lidl Steam Brews. The Steam Brew (7.8%), is an IPA, maxing out on those grapefruit-y hops from the US that have become v.popular in recent years & I've tasted far worse.
    SteamBrew_00.jpg
    Quite enough alcohol for one evening, but, it has such a great can.
    The description alone made me want to drink it, and then I see that it looks amazing. Great color. And of course that glass is perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Tonight, I've had a couple of of Gulpener pils & one of those Lidl Steam Brews. The Steam Brew (7.8%), is an IPA, maxing out on those grapefruit-y hops from the US that have become v.popular in recent years & I've tasted far worse.
    SteamBrew_00.jpg
    Quite enough alcohol for one evening, but, it has such a great can.

Leave a comment:

• lemec
    replied
    Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
    Lemec still hasn't finished the Beer Moat around the Inn yet....might have something to do with that Ladbroke Grove lot who arrived yesterday and stuck their straws in....maybe we could ask Meliadus to give them the beer bill ?
    That sums it up. Someone also connected an irrigation ditch to the moat and the beer began to be channeled to an unknown region.

Some work to do on it...

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    I’m actually barely drinking these days. Mostly flavored water. Trying to live healthier. Lost some weight; started with keto, now just healthy eating and calorie watching. Back to my mid-college weight, lots more energy, sleeping better. But kinda frustrated my pants fit so poorly now.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I’ve had the real stuff once and that was enough for me. I get why some people like it, but...

It sounds like alcohol is helping everyone’s corona life. I’m closer to K’s Turkey 101 (although I prefer my bourbon with a little less octane-maybe a good 80 proof Jefferson or when I’m really ready for a great something like Bookers).

Of course, a good IPA makes every day better.

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    It probably was pretty toxic in the days Pyat was drinking it in Pera. But today the stuff they sell in the US over the counter is likely much more tame than the *real thing* they sold back in the days of Poe and others. Now it’s just overpriced pretension. But I love the taste of licorice and anise so I enjoy a sip or two.

To your health, Kimba. To our dear patron Mike’s health, and to Linda. To all our pards on the moonbeam roads, friends here and missing.

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied
    Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
    I’m wishing absinthe wasn’t quite so pricey. I have many things I’d rather spend 70 bucks on, but it’s awfully tasty. At the start of the quarantine I had a bottle and it was quite delightful. I wish I had another.

So as I pull up a conceptual chair in this delightful virtual tavern, what are my odds of getting a virtual glass of the good green stuff? 😁🍾
    Does absinthe make the heart grow fonder?🙄

i won't touch the stuff myself J-Sun; i've been led to believe that that particular liqueur is a tad more toxic than most refined drinks and besides doesn't Dracula wield it like Rohypnol on some of his prime targets?

This time around i'll drink to some old friends out there in the cold somewhere and so for old times sake i'll down a shot of Wild Turkey 101.

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    I’m wishing absinthe wasn’t quite so pricey. I have many things I’d rather spend 70 bucks on, but it’s awfully tasty. At the start of the quarantine I had a bottle and it was quite delightful. I wish I had another.

So as I pull up a conceptual chair in this delightful virtual tavern, what are my odds of getting a virtual glass of the good green stuff? 😁🍾

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    I've been saving a bit of cash by buying beer in from the Lidl. They do a German IPA beer & a stout in steampunk 1/2 litre cans. They hit the spot. Also, their St Gerardus beers are straight out of the Gulpener Brewery, in Gulpen, in the South of Limburg & reputedly based on the old Wittem cloister recipe book. They´re all worth trying. But, if you come across a six pack of the blue labelled, ´Saison Bier,' grab it. It's got loads of hoppy flavour, but light enough & only about 6%, so a good alternative for when you're bored with pils. GerSais_00.jpg

Leave a comment:

• white wolf's son
    replied
    Pietro , that stuff has been banned since the Brown Man of Laahr redecorated the front porch with it after he had 20 pints , the painting bill was enormous . I found a load of kegs of Younger's Number 3 ale in the cellar , I might be while doing the inventory....one of the Pan Tang Pole Dancers is helping me.....

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Well, I managed to bring back a couple of kegs of de Maastrichter Maltezer. So that's me fixed for a day or two. ;>)

maltezer.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X