Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in a cold glass? i always thought that a good malt should be drank at room temperature with a drop of water to bring out the flavours. i had assumed that a cold glass would kill off some of its richness.

over to tf for a judgement.......

Comment

• Yep,i agree PV,single malt should always be at room temperature with a dash of water to keep the flavour in shape.
      WWS has been to used to the hot spanish climate so we will let him off!!
      Although there better not be any ice going in there,thats just sacrilege!!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Pint of something dark, please.

I've known many a scotch drinker that swears it needs be neet to appreciate it. No matter how many experts tell them diff.
        Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Hey! Didya hear they rescued all those trapped miners down in Chile?? Yup! They sent down a rescue tube and brought them up Juan by Juan!

*ducks and runs for cover...doubles back, grabs a pint...and runs for cover again*

das

Comment

• apparently the chilean miners are going to visit the white house to advise barak obama on how to get out of a very deep hole by christmas.

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
              apparently the chilean miners are going to visit the white house to advise barak obama on how to get out of a very deep hole by christmas.

Poor yerself a beer, mate!

das

Comment

• THOSE YANKEE BASTARDS ARE OUT OF MY CLUB!!!!!!

TREBLES SCOTCHES ALL ROUND..................

PORCUS GOT THE ALE IN, PORCUS GOT THE ALE IN, NA NA NAA NA, NA NA NAA NA.

It's friday night, the idiots who owned Liverpool Football Club have gone home with their tails between their legs and £140m out of pocket and I'm on the way out to get as pissed as I possibly can. And then i'll have a curry. And then I'll have a very large Springbank when I get home. And then I'll collapse in a big heap and smile all night.

And then we'll probably lose to Everton on Sunday........

Good luck to Dundee who are closer to bankruptcy that Liverpool were for a paltry £350k tax bill.

Comment

• At least theres some good news on the fitba front PV!
                  Well done Liverpool!!
                  Unfortunately my team went into administration this afternoon so it looks like the end is nigh!
                  Still,
                  I'll no turn down a pint or eight of Arthur!
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF/PV, We had enough of this when the World Cup was on in the Bill Shankly Suite !!! Das, any more ' jokes ' like that and I'll have the Clapham AntiChrist write an annoyed letter to the Daily Telegraph about you !!! Apart from that, he has booked Brooding corner at the weekend for a satanic seminar or something, I think it's got something to do with Elric, Lord Arioch and a haggis.....well, Elric has been known to wear a kilt, even if it's Phoorn tartan !!

Dundonian haggis on the menu at the weekend, we managed to catch them as in Dundee, with the poor water and the fallout, they have evolved into having two short legs on one side and two long legs on the other so they can run around the hills, ( it's a Dundee thing !! ), which makes them easy prey you only have to stand in front of them and shove them over the edge ( another Dundee thing !! ). TF, you can be Head Chef, I'll manage the single malts. OH....TF.....Davina's back, she just knocked Bladnoch Bess out in the foyer....and she wants a wage rise !!!

Meantime, I'll have a large Springbank , Porcus's tab of course !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Elric in Phoon tartan??! I wonder what could possibly be under THAT kilt... ??!

das

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                        Elric in Phoon tartan??! I wonder what could possibly be under THAT kilt... ??!

das
                        dunno but i fear it might steal your soul.

wws, who's this davina bird who chinned bladnoch bess? i really, really don't want to meet her!

one more large springbank each before the tab is closed. we did lose to everton, btw.

Comment

• Das, Don't you think Elric is tortured enough without YOU lifting up his kilt ? He's quivering in Brooding Corner at the mere thought !!!

Porcus, the Lovely Davina, ( picture attached ) was employed by us some time ago as Head Barmaid, then she did a runner in an old police call box she had dumped inthe front car park. She used to go mad at the Granbretanians as they used it as a toilet. To avoid any more bloodshed, I've given her a pay rise to keep her quiet. The Ziva clones have reappeared as well, so I'm off with one of them and a large bottle of Glendaruel !!!!.....

DAS !!! LEAVE ELRIC ALONE !!!!
                          Attached Files

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                            Das, Don't you think Elric is tortured enough without YOU lifting up his kilt ? He's quivering in Brooding Corner at the mere thought !!!

Porcus, the Lovely Davina, ( picture attached ) was employed by us some time ago as Head Barmaid, then she did a runner in an old police call box she had dumped inthe front car park. She used to go mad at the Granbretanians as they used it as a toilet. To avoid any more bloodshed, I've given her a pay rise to keep her quiet. The Ziva clones have reappeared as well, so I'm off with one of them and a large bottle of Glendaruel !!!!.....

DAS !!! LEAVE ELRIC ALONE !!!!
                            I shall send a message, when I stop to laugh !

Papi

Comment

• *whimper*

Okay...what if I don't lift his kilt. What if I just put shiny mirrors on my shoes and stand reeeeaaaally close to him? He won't even know I'm sneakin' a peek!

Whew...now I need a drink!

das

Comment

• the problem with that approach, das, is the foreshortening effect that the angle will create. every bloke without a beer gut suffers from the same problem but from above not below.

in the interests of decency i will suggest only that you use your imagination - blokes with beer guts use a mirror!

Comment

Working...
                                X