Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have Grolsch, please, bartender.

Comment

• those of you with a taste for half decent beer will be delighted to know that next time you visit australia you'll have more choice than a selection of cold, fizzy, yellow lager.

it appears that aus is following the american model of craft or boutique breweries producing cold, fizzy but palatable ranges of beer. the main one i found was james squires who had a pale ale, an india pale ale, two stouts (one liquorice flavoured!) and a number of others that faded in the memory the later into the evening i drank them.

i'd say they are at least 5 years behind america in the spread of such beers but they're getting there, which is the important thing.

mind you, i did pay £6 for a pint of carlton draught at the mcg! that's like paying £6 for a ppint of carling. bleuch!

the strap line on the very clever carlton draught ads is:

"carlton draught, made from beer."

genius!

Comment

• Has anyone tried any brewdog beers - Punk Ipa is a good one - cheers

Comment

• Anyone tried this grog as of yet?

Is it as smooth as Motorway City or as raunchy as ELECTRONIC NO.1?

Comment

• At last !! Made it back, although the convoy didn't fare too well on the Moonbeam Roads, we lost three trailers of Boabie's Multiversal Scotch Pies to the Wolf Order, despite them losing half their number in the battle. We lost another trailer of 25 year old Lagavullin to a con woman, Lady Fernrath, she had the driver swooning all over him then she scorched him to a cinder with her breath, then headed out with the trailer singing in High Melnibonean ' You'll never catch me, copper !! '.

Anyway, we now have enough of Boabies Pies to last until Christmas and with TFs' Chocolate Chilli we should make a killing !!! The only thing is the Multiversal United Nations have declared Lorelie's Navel Destroyer as a weapon of mass destruction, so I think we better all behave unless she wipes us all out !! So, TF, to ease the exhaustion, I'll have a case of Tennents and a large glass of the Lagavullin ( to start with ). ( TF I also have a load of contraband Lorne sausage and black pudding we can sell at at massive profit, it's only four weeks out of date !!!! )

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Hey WW,welcome back ma man!!
              4 weeks out of date,thats Dundee fresh then!
              I'll join you with a case and some of that Lagavullin that you no doubt saved for our holi....er charitable causes!
              May yer lum aye reek!!
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• good haul wws!

did you get any white pudding?

Comment

• Porcus, I have the lot, including a container load of Tattie scones ( Klosterheim tried to hijack that one but we shot him ), also for TF, original genuine home made Dundee Cake, straight from a factory in Kroiden, we should make a mint this time !!! More Lagavullin, TF, it's been a hard convoy !!!

Comment

• good man yerself wws!

i have the hangover from hell at the moment so i'd like the following please:

2 sausages
                    3 rashers of bacon
                    2 fried eggs
                    2 slices black pudding
                    2 slices white pudding
                    2 slices fried bread
                    sauted mushrooms
                    2 grilled tomatoes
                    2 hash browns
                    2 slices buttered white bread
                    1 large cup of black tea

oh, and a pint of arthur's finest for the road.

Comment

• Porcus, I also have Bladnoch Bess on as a side order for you, she's just destroyed another of the waiters. The Pan Tang Pole Dancers are on form tonight as well but I think they better steer clear of the menu if they want to keep their figures. I think it's nearly time we did another multiversal Whisky Distillery tour, last time Das, SH and Kat stole TF's Scooter but we have i tback now, so we could fit a few cases of Moorcock's Finest Anarchical Bitter in the side car........TF, AllenBG can manage things for a while as long as Das doesnl't scrare him and stays in Brooding Corner with Elric !!! Get the Wasting Glasses out and open the 30 year old Glencoe !!1

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                        I also have Bladnoch Bess on as a side order for you, she's just destroyed another of the waiters.
                        Poor sod.

A large and sympathetic Linkwood please.

Comment

• I finally managed to climb out of the ditch after the last session, that Glencoe is lethal ( so was the Pan Tang Pole Dancer !! ) . Boaby's Multiversal Scotch pies are a sell out, Lord Jagged has ordered a container load for the next Banquet at the End of Time. Porcus, you really have to rein in Bladnoch Bess, she's smashed up the Bill Shankly suite as the doorman told her she was barred......we need a new doorman as well, I'll ask Das to clean up the blood !!!!

Time for a case of Tennents and a Drambuie Rusty Nail !!

Comment

• I've been a bit of a slacker, sorry guys. Perhaps I need a pint or three to get me back in the mood...

;)

das

Comment

• Three pints and an Imrryrian dream couch on the way, Das, ( after you've cleaned up !!!! ) Meanwhile I'll have another bottle of Laphroaig 25 year old with a cold glass!!!

Comment

• That 25 yo sounds like a fine tipple WW.
                                Count me in!
                                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X