Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A kind soul indeed.
    Use the stout with a couple of drams of Special Black tomorrow.
    Guaranteed hangover cure!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• A red-eye is what the old-timers around the inland rivers swear by: Ale and tomato juice. Never quite fancied it. In fact the only time I did try it out, I was back in the stream, fishing, and getting tanked all over again.
      Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Its funny how the old time hangover remedies seem to have a masochistic streak about them.
        Personally i'd just stick to the ale!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Best hangover cure? Stay drunk!

In honour of the great Bladnoch Bess I'll have a large glass of the eponymous uisce please. And a Pram Thing chaser.

BTW - Mrs PV came back from Ireland recently with tales of "baby Guinness" - a shot glass with Tia Maria topped with Baileys. Sounds hideous!

Comment

• I would guys, that is, stay drunk today (I feel like freakin' hell, as we got into a bottle of Bushmills I had hunkered away), but we just lost our student staff back to school, and I have to go source stone.

Hey, at least my lass (the real boss) doesn't have me on a shovel today.

Oh man, age doesn't like a hangover.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• I know WL the recovery times get longer and longer!
              That Baby Guiness sounds wretched PV!
              I'll have a pint of McHughs 80shilling and a wee Glenlivet for my constitution

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Rocks, rocks, and more rocks. So I'll have something on the same, barkeep. What you're having sounds Jimmy.

Thanks gawd for too much rain today. If it had have been sunny and warm, I'd still be up the island on the shore, gasping for a pint.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Ah rainy days,one of the main reasons bars were invented!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Hobby Hoss (a local Pembrokeshire ale), all round as I have made it back after my 12 hour trip to Milford Haven and back to collect the car & drive back. Taking Daughter to her new school tomorrow, so I didn't want to miss it.
                    Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                      Oh man, age doesn't like a hangover.
                      as i settle into disgraceful middle age i've come to realise that nowadays i can only do things once or twice a year that i used to do once or twice a week in my student days.

thank god the beer festival only comes around once a year!

i've been asked to hunt around aus for something called bundeberg black so i'll have one from behind the bar just for research purposes.

Comment

• As long as your only doing it for science and the good of the species PV.
                        Coming right up!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Finally back from Aus. Trip got extended by 2 weeks because work go a bit sticky (ugh!).

Can I please have something warm, flat and brown? I'm sick to death of drinking cold, fizzy and yellow. And a decent ruby wouldn't go amiss. Grub is very good in Melbourne but they fail miserably when it comes to India's finest.

Look out! It's Ned Kelly!

Comment

• Glad you had a grand time in Oz, Porcus. Tired of the yellow and fizzies myself -- guess I should'a kept up the making of ales/stout rather than just drinking it.

Brown and flat-ish here too, barkeep.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Glad you made it in one piece PV!!
                              I once tried making my own ale but i nearly went blind(not sure if that was the ale mind you)
                              Flat brown stuff coming right up stout yeomen!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Cheers . . . back on the crud that masks as ale. Barkeep, a stiffy of Oban, bitte.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X