Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• murky buckets tf. tried the arthur in a local irish establishment last night. normally the foreign stuff is slightly nutty, whereas this was strangely sweet. palatable enough for me to have more than one, so must be ok.

found a brewhouse for the james squire brewery on sunday and did myself some serious damage. they've got a wide range of locally brewed beers that were very nice indeed. cold and fizzy like american craft beer but a million miles better than the usual local fayre.

had the worse curry i've ever had last night. hilariously bad! must try harder next time.

has the inn got any victoria bitter behind the bar? i fancy going native...

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
      murky buckets tf.

The VB can be easily procured but an excellent curry can be pretty elusive,unless of course we break out the special reserve multiversal coriander bats!!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• What sort of horrible curry was it. PV - Indian or Thai or Japanese or some other variant?

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• it was the most basic of indian curries, sparra.

onion bhajis, channa masala and a naan bread.

the bhajis were solid lumps of deep fried flour with a hint of onion. the oil oozed out when i put my fork in and they tasted of brown.

the channa masala was far too heavy on cheap garam masala. at least the chickpeas and tomatoes were cooked and the naan was edible.

normally, back street curry houses are the best because they are frequented by the local indian population (the restaurants not the back streets, if you know what i mean). not in that particular restaurant they don't.

my poor body doesn't know what time of day it is so, working on the basis that it's 5pm somewhere in the world, i'll have a back street arthur please.

Comment

• Finished for a fortnight and on hols, so pints all round!
            Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Sounds like a good idea Pebble!
              I'll have the Centurion Ghost Ale please!!
              Enjoy yer hols!
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Long day, with a great tomorrow to follow (two dear, close friends are giving birth to their second child later today. I'm flying back to London to be there just after)

Barkeep - Japanese whiskey. Up on the top shelf there. Make it a large, if you will.

Comment

• Coming right up Colin!
                  I'll use the pub wormhole and send a bottle to your friends as well by way of some multiversal congrats!!

Slainthe.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                    Coming right up Colin!
                    I'll use the pub wormhole and send a bottle to your friends as well by way of some multiversal congrats!!

Slainthe.
                    Gratefully received. (raises a glass of Yamazaki 12 year old single malt to the house).

I am very pleased to announce that Amy entered the world earlier today. (and yes, its short for Amelia - although the parents swear blind its a coincidence...)

Comment

• Cool!
                      I think i'll wet the bairns head by having some 18yo Lagavulin(not that i need an excuse you understand!)

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Bottling an amber ale, I recall that on Labour Day this island's Gov-run liquor/beer store is closed on Sundays and all stat' holidays. The town our ferry docks on the mainland though, has a guv-run in a corner store, bastards! Looks like I'll be cracking my birthday stout early, after all, one cannot set ale to age and have naught zum trinken.

Barkeep, a pint of ol' muddy, and keep'm comin', for I am back in the field tomorrow and won't be having any for a few.

Prosit!
                        Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• A closed beer store?
                          Thats a shoddily run operation there WL!
                          Reminds me of over here when the bible-bashers used to have more power and you couldnt buy a carry out on a sunday!!
                          Think i'll join ye with a Happy Day(3quarter 80shilling,1quarter Fowlers wee heavy)

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Excellent, Things.

And yep, the religios fought hard to not have one at all on the island. Well before my moving here. Before that they fought hard to have no spirits/ale/wine sold in B&B's/Motels/Restaurants.

Apparently, they claim, there's a church for every mile this island is long.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Thankfully here now there is ten pubs for every church!!
                              I was away to break open this case just in of Lagavulin 18yo 'special black' if i can tempt anyone?

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• [waves arms like a git]

Thankfully the birthday stout is not going to get hit hard, as some kind soul just brought over a couple of nice bottles of homemade merlot. Guess I'm going to save the stout but pay for it in pain tomorrow. Slلinte!
                                Last edited by Wanderlust; 09-06-2010, 03:27 PM.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X