Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustard GAS? Oh bugger! I wondered why i couldn't get it to stick to my ham butties.

Oh well, at least i know what to use if the crowd get out of hand during lorelei's stage show.

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
      kenneth williams - a brilliant british comedy radio and film actor famous for his roles as extremely camp characters, primarily in carry on series of films.

he had a wide range of catch phrases, one of which was "ooooh matron!".

http://www.kennethwilliams.org.uk/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Williams
      Kenneth Williams, a one man cult!

He was just brilliant in Just A Minute, he was a silent fire cracker waiting to go off and when he did it was superb. It is a pity, he never achieved all the success as an actor, he craved. I would have liked to have seen him in East Enders - I mean if they can have Barbara Windsor or Ian Lavender in, there should have been a place for him.

Recently, I discovered that KW along with Peter Sallis had been in a play adaption of Moby Dick in the 50's. This was a breath taking show by all accounts, where OW stripped by the theatre stage to the brick wall at the back.
      Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Oy! Out here in Pennsylvania and alas, there's no appreciation for a good dance with a scimitar! And no single malts to be found! Missing the Inn! Save some for me.

This place is so out of touch. I told someone I was a Pagan and they thought I meant the motorcycle gang!
        "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

• was in dutch pennsylvania last year. very nice, if a little quiet. mostly amish towns so no alcohol and very polite people.

they did rename the town of cross keys intercourse to generate some tourist income. great idea from a supposedly straight laced community. there's also paradise and eden down the road.

if you get a chance got to gettysburg and do the battlefield tour. fantastic! and there's a few decent bars in the town, including an irish bar that serves reasonable guinness and has some decent irish whiskys.

have fun and careful with that cutlass, lass.

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
            if you get a chance got to gettysburg and do the battlefield tour. fantastic! and there's a few decent bars in the town, including an irish bar that serves reasonable guinness and has some decent irish whiskys.

have fun and careful with that cutlass, lass.
            One of my acquaintances does ACW over here in the UK. His big treat was to go to Gettysberg in kit. I suspect it is like the Waterloo re-enactment.
            Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• zooooooooooooom!!

das

Comment

• Ouch!!!

Dont you just love it when she does that!!!

I need a Macallan and some new pants
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• First time in, so I'll take any dark ale the bartender decides and a couple of fingers of Screech.

So, apples are early this year . . . who's going to drop a recipe for scrumpy on me? I'm up for giving it a shot.
                  Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Heres a pitcher of Old Jock WL just to get your palate ready for what could turn out to be quite a gut worrying time if you succeed in the scrumpy department!!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Danke for the OJ (honestly, hadn't a clue 'till I looked it up.

Yeah, scrumpy. I've seen so many recipes now, gawd knows what I'll end up with. There was one (name fails me now) called for a measure of meat . . . raisins??? Started to sound like a mince meat pie.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• That doesnt sound too appetising WL!
                        Heres one i found-

http://www.selfsufficientish.com/scrumpycider.htm

Enjoy!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Paul gunningham's Own scrumpy recipe on here http://www.zider.co.uk/ looks the most practicable. Although i can't see the bit where he adds the mice and toenail clippings.

Comment

• Thanks for the recipes, lads. I've got to give this a try. One of the folks we do yard maint' for has a grand yellow transparent apple tree, and they never do a damn thing with them.

Barkeep, strong black coffee for my wee brain. Overdid it a bit last night.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Am in south east Australia for a few weeks work. Spent Sunday hunting high and low for a tall, skinny, miserable blond bloke.

Nobody had ever heard of Elric of Melbourne.

Comment

• Lucky man PV!!
                                I will be sending your multiversal tankard and a keg of Arthur to you by wormhole in a few minutes.
                                Have a brilliant one.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X