Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
    I think i'll start on the Dalwhinnie 15yo for strict medicinal reasons!!
    Ooooh Matron!

Comment

• A bottle of buckfast,a jar of olives and a couple of yards of hosepipe stout yeoman!!

"I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• For those of us on the far side of the big pond: who is the man who looks like he's been sucking lemons?

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• kenneth williams - a brilliant british comedy radio and film actor famous for his roles as extremely camp characters, primarily in carry on series of films.

he had a wide range of catch phrases, one of which was "ooooh matron!".

http://www.kennethwilliams.org.uk/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Williams

Comment

• Yep for camp comedy Ken is the Guv'nor!!
            Cheers for those links PV!!
            Now line up The Taliskers im feeling a bit throaty!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Thanks, PV. That was very educational. I'll be renting "Carry On Camping" from Netflix (the only Kenneth Williams movie they have in stock).

As I'm temporarily on the wagon (real life only due to anti-inflammatory meds and muscle relaxants for my TMJ disorder) I believe it's time to overindulge here at the Inn: TF, set me up a flight of single malts starting with something light and ending with something intense. And a side of your chocolate chili as well!

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorele i View Post
                Lookout Lads and lassies and Melnibonians of ill repute (My favorite kind) Lorelei is back with her scimitar at the ready.
                In hopes of adding excitement to her routine, she has rather dangerously incorporated a hula hoop into her act (purple with moon glitter and small crustaceans with razor sharp pincers).She can't handle said hula hoop very well, drops it after about 3 rotations (you'd think her hips could keep it going) and then tries to thread it through her fingers and whirl it around her hand. Inevitably she will end up chasing it about the place, limbs will be severed and heads may roll!
                The upside is lots of bouncing cleavage and a full moon if she has to bend all the way over to pick up the hoop.
                Lorelei still enjoys the single malts lads, however, she won't kick you off the barstool if you buy her a Bullit!
                What do you think of the new costume?
                Wonderful costume, Lorelei ... so you've picked up a Navel Destroyer. I see? (Navel Destroyer: Hula Hoop with small crustaceans or razor blades attached. )
                sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
                And incense the power of man with God
                But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
                And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
                by Peter Cape

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                  I only like dark chocolate in my chilli!
                  But then again im pretty weird!!
                  I think i'll start on the Dalwhinnie 15yo for strict medicinal reasons!!
                  Actually TF, dark chocolate and chili is not so odd. Ask the Mayans! Personally I love hot chocolate with chili spice in it. Add that Dalwhinnie chaser and you have a winner. (Though your guts may not feel so good after..)

Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post

Wonderful costume, Lorelei ... so you've picked up a Navel Destroyer. I see? (Navel Destroyer: Hula Hoop with small crustaceans or razor blades attached. )
                  Excellent name for my hoop LP. Thanks for dubbing it! I am really craving some of TF's chili. Can we flambe it as part of the act? It's always a hit to combine dinner and a show!
                  Last edited by Lorelei; 08-02-2010, 03:01 AM.
                  "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

• Ah,i was in Belize the first time i tried it and thats Mayan country right enough.
                    Flambeing is more than acceptable Lor!!
                    Just to go easier on the gut we should maybe line up some Patron Gold Label tequila shots!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Excellent suggestion TF! I am all for tequila shots! My dancing improves and I can walk a straight line after 10 or more!

(Oh, Just throwing it out there since you're all allergic to Facebook my friends just suckered me into downloading ICQ so I put the number on my contact page. It would be fun to actually chat with some of you. Of course, I could be wrong. I could be dreadfully boring. Prove me wrong or right. I'll accept the challenge! My user name is of course, Pandora.)

Now where's that tequila! I'm ready to eat some of TF's chili and flambe a dwarf!
                      "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

• i thought dwarf flambeing had been banned at the inn ever since sparrowhawk's unfortunate response to the health and safety inspectors critical inspection report. it wasn't his fault he was of diminutive stature and he was only doing his job.

mind you, his subsequent mental state meant that we could use the expression , "health and safety gone mad" in its correct context.

please may i have a very large auchentoshan - the brother's brood are still terrorising the neighbourhood and next door's moggie has done a dusty.

Comment

• Pints of the dark stuff all round as I have made it back again.

Some problem with the router and was locked out again for another week & half.

It's good to be back!
                          Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Welcome back Pebble!

Mucho pints of the dark stuff coming up!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• the brood has gone! we're back to just me and mrs pv.

i'd be enjoying the silence if it wasn't for the builders over the back giving it gangers with the jackhammer.

a pint of cains dark mild with a large macallan chaser please.

Comment

• Ah a refined palate there i see PV!
                                We have a few canisters of mustard gas in the cellar if you want to get rid of those pesky builders!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X