Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's on special offer at The Multiversal Cash and Carry, Porcus, 50% off, buy one case, get three free, we're selling it at only 5 melniboneans a pint !

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
      It's on special offer at The Multiversal Cash and Carry, Porcus, 50% off, buy one case, get three free, we're selling it at only 5 melniboneans a pint !
      everyone should be aware that this stuff is 8.5% alcohol and is only drunk by old men who smell of wee.

how much's a melnibonean urn? about 10 bob a week! boom boom!

Comment

• Welcome to the THM! or should we just call you Toot? TF, I'm buying a round of scrumpy for the house in honor of our newest guest.

WWS, I believe that those tales of devastation from the Baltic may have been slightly exaggerated - I didn't drink it ALL myself; I had a bit of help from the ship's crew (those Russian sea captains can really toss 'em down!) and I saved a little to bring back to the Inn as souvenirs! And I'll have you know that they thanked me for turning the lights off so they could all get some sleep! And once they get tired of it I'll be happy to sell, uh, I mean, auction off for charity, the key to that generator to the highest bidder.

And PV, that Melnibonean urn joke was simply dreadful... keep up the good work.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• I thought of getting the Gold Label but-----megh---think I'll stick with "Old Speckled Hen" for now---

We had a good time doing nothing at the cottage---

Comment

• Milky Bars all round.

I have finally made it back after a fortnight. As the main frame of my browser 'lost' MM and it was losing your mates. I could see the address OK.
            Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Glad you made it back in one piece Pebble!
              I think i'll wash down my milky bar with some Old Peculiar!
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Welcome back, Pebble! What's a Milky Bar?

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• !

Lookout Lads and lassies and Melnibonians of ill repute (My favorite kind) Lorelei is back with her scimitar at the ready.
                  In hopes of adding excitement to her routine, she has rather dangerously incorporated a hula hoop into her act (purple with moon glitter and small crustaceans with razor sharp pincers).She can't handle said hula hoop very well, drops it after about 3 rotations (you'd think her hips could keep it going) and then tries to thread it through her fingers and whirl it around her hand. Inevitably she will end up chasing it about the place, limbs will be severed and heads may roll!
                  The upside is lots of bouncing cleavage and a full moon if she has to bend all the way over to pick up the hoop.
                  Lorelei still enjoys the single malts lads, however, she won't kick you off the barstool if you buy her a Bullit!
                  What do you think of the new costume?
                  "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=porcus_volans;194007]

I’m pondering what’s better sport – watching an aging jag take on a ravenous push chair or lorelei when she gets her hands on WWS for his cleavage comments.

Thanks for coming to the defense of a "lady" and her cleavage PV!
                    I think perhaps WWS is baiting me in hopes I will put my hands on him!

Looking back through the threads WWS does seem like a little boy obsessed.
                    I have certainly never heard anyone refer to my cleavage as, "evil" before.
                    "Generous," perhaps. "Inviting, even Inspirational!" Perhaps a little "dangerous," if you're speeding on the curves!

Perhaps it's time to send the child to his room to ponder what it might feel like to have some smallish appendage of his so maligned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                      Welcome back, Pebble! What's a Milky Bar?

Here it is SH.
                      Lovely white chocolate that goes well with a jar of Absinthe!
                      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Ah, now I see. Milky Bars are white chocolate. Thanks!

And you know, Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!

Comment

• Milky Bars! Want to try one! Wonder where I might find one here....

Comment

• Welcome back, Lorelei!

Love the new costume... very dynamic... and bright.... and deadly.I'll try to keep my head down and limbs accounted for when you take the stage (or the bar).

As for Milkybars, you might have to resort to ordering them online unless one of your local grocery stores happens to carry them in their import section. Mine does not, but since I'm not a white chocolate fan, so I'm not too disappointed. I likes my chocolate (and my beer) dark and flavorful!

Comment

• Glad you like the costume Sparrowhawk! I want to add some fringe, but I can't decide where. Someday I may even be able to get the hang of the hula hoops. They seem to just go their own way especially when I shimmy.

I am also a big dark chocolate fan! Also good with dark beer, whiskey, or red wine.

Comment

• I only like dark chocolate in my chilli!
                                But then again im pretty weird!!
                                I think i'll start on the Dalwhinnie 15yo for strict medicinal reasons!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X