Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how did we look?

I must apologise for the way in which the glutinous gut consumed the ball boy on the sideline. He just wasn't quick enough to get out of the way.

The dutch prince looked happy enough but queen thingy of spain seemed rather non-plussed. And as for sepp blatter? It's all his fault we were there in the first place. He commissioned us for goodness sake, so how he can make the comments he did afterwards is incomprehensible.

Still, as long as we did you guys at the inn proud i can retire the pulsating paunch from the international belly dancing scene a satisfied man.

And of course, many thanks go to das for taking the lead and playing a blinder. The girl done good.

Comment

• Stonking gig!
      Harvey Goldsmith has been on the Multiversal dog and bone asking if he can book the 2 of you for a 32 date tour of Auchtermuchty!
      I'll have a triple Ardbeg barsquire!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Belated Happy Birthday, das!

And congratulations on a stunning performance, PV and das.

I've been to Russia as well as Estonia, Latvia, Finland and Gotland and I'm back! I thought I should bring back some souvenirs, so I'm having a couple of cases of some delightful potato vodka and some kegs of an Estonian dark beer called Saku Tume sent over to the Inn, so be on the lookout for them TF!

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Welcome back from your Baltician travels SH!
          Was it constant daylight in Finland?
          That Estonian beer will come in handy as we got cleaned out on Sunday!!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Almost constant daylight in both Russia AND Finland which made it awfully difficult to sleep.The sun sort of went down at about midnight, but then the twilight lasted until about 2:30 a.m. Then it was almost dark for an hour after which the sky started to brighten up and the sun popped up again at about 4. I think the Russians drink to anesthetize themselves so they can get some sleep!

Once we got to Estonia, Latvia and Gotland, we had about 4 hours of darkness every night. I got home yesterday and it was a pleasure to have real complete darkness when I went to bed.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• never heard of gotland before sparra. do they all dress in black with heavy eye make-up, huge boots, leather car coats a la the matrix (and jc) and a persecution complex?

talking of losing things when travelling, the fragrant mrs pv and i travelled across the international date line once, from santiago to aukland. we left on tuesday for a 14 hour flight and arrived on thursday. i'm still trying to work out whether i'm a day older or a day younger than i should be.

it was fry ups all round when we got to aukland.

i'll have a speights please, just to remind me how crap new zealand beer is.

Comment

• Its quite a big island off Sweden PV.
                Flew over it once and it looked stunning!
                Fresh out of Kiwi beer,will a bottle of Dog do?

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• No, PV, you're thinking of Gothland...

TF is right, Gotland is an island off the southeastern side of Sweden, a bit south of Stockholm. A really lovely place with beautiful beaches, cliffs, meadows, old viking monolithic stones carved with amazing pictures and runes, old Viking treasure hoards, and lots and lots of black sheep. It's a very popular holiday destination for people from all over the Baltic, or so I'm told.

There was a sad lack of Scotch, though. Pour me an Ardbeg, if you would be so kind, TF!

Comment

• Comin right up SH!
                    I kept a bottle of 25yo gold label away from the reprobates for you enjoy on yer return!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Isn't gold label that gruesome barley wine that a certain type of pub still sells to a certain type of elderly drinker?

I'm going to go back to my northern roots and have a brown bitter please. That's half a bitter (usually whitbreads trophy) mixed with a bottle of manns brown ale. Ooh marvellous!

Anyone got any pork scratchings?

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
                        Isn't gold label that gruesome barley wine that a certain type of pub still sells to a certain type of elderly drinker?
                        Not round these parts young man!!
                        But the certain type of elderly drinker with a penchant for lavender might indulge in Pork Scratchings!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• here for the scrumpy and the company tryed some lap dancers once but the reindeer got in the way
                          come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

• All the other three are staples of the establishment and coming right up Toot except for the reindeer as the venison wont be ready till tomorrow!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Our new line of Bobble Heads featuring The Disembodied Belly are selling a storm ( along with the pork scratchings ), the Das version didn't do too well, Mygel Holst keeps slicing the heads off. As for that reindeer, Toothill, he's been warned before, so like TF says, venison is on the menu this week. The latest news from the Baltic states is bad, after Sparrowhawk's invasion, the devastation was almost total, they have permanent darkness now since she pinched the key for the generator. They're having emergency imports of alcohol direct from Scotland via TF/WWS expediters after SH done the lot in on her travels. I think we can also ask The Disembodied Belly to take over the Doorman duties, maybe that way no more reindeer will get in. And where did that Ballboy come from who's running around the bar screaming insanely ?

Oh well, time for a case of cheap Coviran spanish lager and a large Courvoisier!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• this is the stuff - and not a whiff of lavender to be had.....

Comment

Working...
                                X