Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could do with a plate piled with a few slices of blood worms, white pudding, fried dumpling, Lorne sausage, a couple of fried eggs and a pint of Wadworth's 6X, in a pewter tankard, to wash it down! Live dangerously in virtual reality, that's what I say!

Just as long as they get the HD beamer set up, in the lounge, in time for the Nederland versus Denenmarken match, tomorrow. Should be a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
      Ah, TF, you know me well; I DO have a penchant for Melniboneans. I find them very satisfying.

The Deep Thick and the new Belly Dancing ensemble (me and PV's talented belly) have decided to hold off on all performances until Football Fever has run its course and there are some decent crowds at the Inn who want to do something other than discuss the latest World Cup results.
      it's ok sparra, i'm able to detatch my talented dancing belly and give it a few hours of independence to strut its funky stuff whilst i'm watching the footy.

i don't like melniboneans for breakfast so i'll have the ususal full english please.

Comment

• POrcus and SH, You are booked on stage at 5 for the Moorcock Inn Belly Dancing Challenge, the England supporters need a bit of cheering up so they have paid up front !! TF, The Full Melniboneans went down a storm this morning, must be that new Dundonian recipe along with the Dragon Venom and Baakshanian vino, we had to ask Catherine Cornelius to install extra widescreens as last night the Londra All stars supporting club threw a Bulgarian through the screen.....we need to get Kat back here for a bit of bloodshed.

Anyway, as we have a stock surplus, I'll have a case of the Baakshanian in the Bill Shankly suite and keep them coming !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
          POrcus and SH, You are booked on stage at 5 for the Moorcock Inn Belly Dancing Challenge, the England supporters need a bit of cheering up so they have paid up front !!
          who won the belly dancing challenge? i was warming up the throng in the bill shankly suite with a series of renditions of you'll never walk alone and missed the results.

Comment

• Result of the 1st Moorcock Inn Belly Dancing challenge:

5th Place : Thingfish with his upside version of Titanic on the scooter

4th Place : Disembodied wobbling belly miming to ' It's a kind of magic '

3rd Place : Old git named Von Villach who broke the bar top

2nd Place : Sparrowhawk with her amazing belly act ' How to clear a bar in 5
            seconds '

1st Place : Unnamed Pan Tang Pole Dancer/Lap Dancer who wins a week's vacation in Mustique with WWS........for research and protection
            purposes only !!!!!

The Baakshanian is now selling well but I'll have to take a case or four with me ( as a consolation for being sent on the trip !!! ) Oh, Life is hard !!!

Comment

• Fourth? FOURTH! What a bloody fix. Who chose It's a Kind of Magic? Everyone knows that Queen are rubbish and should never be used in a talent competition.

And how can a skinny little rake like the Pant Tang Pole Dancer win a belly dancing contest. SHE HASN'T GOT A BELLY!

I demand a re-run before the Algeria game.

Comment

• Too late, we're on the Moonbeam Road with the Baakshanian, see you in a multiversal m inute or two ( about a week ), when we'll have the Second Moorcock Inn Belly Dancing challenge,,,,TF's is banned from the scooter as during his act he swung it around too low and decapitated a waiter, although the Thing In The Pram didn't go hungry. Keep the Baakshanian coming though !!!!

Comment

• How to clear a bar in 5 seconds?????!!!!! And a Pan Tang Pole dancer wins? I agree PV, everything about this contest is shady and suspect. Especially the judge. We'll have to have a little chat when he comes back from his vacation with the winner of this rigged event.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Agreed Sparra. Next time around we'll use a trusted and more easily bribable judge, like Bladnoch Bess.

And I'm planning to accompany my detatchable belly on the turntables with a clever and funky mix of 1980's British Heavy Metal. It's possible to achieve a very high quality of belly-wobble with a few bits of UFO, Judas Priest and Motorhead.

Comment

• The mind boggles....

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Interesting little establishment here--can I have a Glenfiddich with my order of superhuge quadruplex burgers please?

Thanks much----so what is the story behind this fine establishment?

Comment

• Originally posted by trimph1 View Post
                          ...so what is the story behind this fine establishment?
                          That would be The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck, but you have to put it back when you've finished with it.

Alternatively, you can always check out the stories inside this fine establishment. The Reading Room has quite the selection of Moorcockian 1st editions.
                          Last edited by The Cosmic Balance; 06-18-2010, 02:32 AM.
                          The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

• Good Morning--

I'm on a roll today---I need something to pick me up---how about some "old speckled hen" to start the day with----

My day started with our two cats rompling around on me first thing this morning.Spring, the little 7lb bicolor, is growling at the backdoor--- That was when I discovered that someone was trying the back door of our abode... ...so I get trusty machette and go see who this intruder is/was---guy sees machette and dekes---

----hence the Old Speckled Hen------

Comment

• it's 8:45 am and i've been on a conference all with australia since 5:30am. can i have a pint of arthur's finest for breakfast with a large macallan chaser.

i'll follow those with a full english for lunch later. got to fuel the independent belly for the next round of the moorcock inn belly dancing challenge.

sparra and i have conspired to change the rules to make sure that all entries must have a girth at least 25% greater than their waistline. that'll rule out wws's pan tang pole dancers and give the rest of us a chance.

Comment

• Don't you just love conference calls?

We been out and abouts in the neighbourhood this morning--about 5:30am to be exact---could not get to sleep. too much so maybe the next round of belly dancing should do the trick---

Anyhow whoooooo---have a good day peoples!

Comment

Working...
                                X