Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, guys...I AM still around, just extremely busy with not much time for the net. Trying to catch up on comic books since I got a boatload of them on Free Comic Book Day back at the beginning of May. And it's spring, and spring means yard clean-up and doing more stuff outdoors. I'll try to get to the pub a bit more regularly...before someone pokes me on the bottom with a sharp, pointy hellblade.

das

Comment

• No excuse, Das, you and the rest of The Deep Thick are on stage on Saturday night but can you please have Kat stop throwing the battleaxe at the hecklers, it costs money to clear the blood up. Boabies' Multiversal Pies will be on sale as usual ( if we can keep Porcus away from the kitchen ). and the Pan Tang Lap Dancers will make a fortune for us......er for the needy charity.....anyway, as it's summer and very hot here, I'll have an ice cold tennents lager and a Mojito on ice !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Whew! I finally made it. To make a long story short, I was heading back along the moonbeam paths – you see, I’ve been taking belly dancing lessons from Zarozinia and I was really thirsty after class and was just on my way to the Inn for something cold and alcoholic – when I was accosted by Klosterheim and his goons. He had me arrested and dragged off to a jail somewhere in the hinterlands and the guards kept asking me to do the dance of the seven veils and I tried to explain that I only have 3 veils… Anyway, I finally got away and found my way back.

So…. What have I missed?

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• You missed me, not posting in character.

das

Comment

• Actually, part of mine is not in character either! I really am taking belly dance classes.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
              Actually, part of mine is not in character either! I really am taking belly dance classes.

Duuuuuuuuudette! Go, you!!

I know a real bellydancer. Armenian girl I grew up with here in Jersey went off and became a stewardess for Saudi Air (back in the 80s). She travelled the world and also used to bellydance for - ya know - oil guys with lots of money.

Hmmmmm... ...now I'm not sure if she was a bellydancer, or just a really high-paid call girl.

Guess what I'm drinking??! Water! (Don't tell Elric - he thinks it's vodka...)

das

Comment

• i taught my belly to dance a few years back. it was very good at tap and ballroom but couldn't really get the hang of disco.

Comment

• Sparrowhawk!!! Welcome back !!!! The place hasn't been the same with out you headbutting someone !! As for the belly dancing, you , Das and Porcus can have the 8 o'clock spot on sunday night before the Granbretanian reenactment of the Sack of Koln, then you're back on with The Deep Thick for the rest of the night. If Das.s belly speaks though, that will put the frighteners on everyone.
                  TF is up to his tricks, he advertised in the Dundee Courier that we had footb......the slum sport on here on the widescreen tonight, we had the whole population turn up and riot in the car park....seems he charged them £50 each.....I'll have to speak to him about that to arrange the holid.....payment to the charity....anyway, pass another Pan Tang Pole Dancer and a half of Glenlivet, TF !!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• I know WW the reason it turned out such a good plan was that the football isnt on til tomorrow!!
                    Anyway whats wrong with slums,i wad brought up in one i'll have you know!!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                      I know WW the reason it turned out such a good plan was that the football isnt on til tomorrow!!
                      Anyway whats wrong with slums,i wad brought up in one i'll have you know!!
                      What's wrong with slums? some of my best friends live in slums.

Roll on the footy. I can't believe I'm getting excited about Uruguay v France.

TF, get the ale in, i'll meet you in the recently re-named bill shankly suite.

Comment

• Last night I was drinking Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale!

It's actually good!, just found out about it this week.

http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/Bee...HolyGrail.aspx

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Hey Lemec!
                          Does it make you say 'neet' though?
                          Yep PV i will meet you in The Bill Shankly suite for kick off,all alcohol is on the house(only in this suite) for the next 3 weeks!!
                          So fill yer boots.
                          Away the Uruguay,or to quote Homer Simpson 'U R gay'
                          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                            Hey Lemec!
                            Does it make you say 'neet' though?
                            No...., but, I did have a strange compulsion to buy a shrubbery!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• !!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by lemec View Post
                                Last night I was drinking Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale!
                                is your mother a hamster and does your father smell of eldeberries?

Comment

Working...
                                X