Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats a great version of Edward Das.
    I only have the Dick Gaughan version which scandalously is not up on Youtube.
    Cheers for that.
    Am going to have to spend the rest of the day cleaning bits of pram thing off the snug walls!!
    Any volunteers?
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Yes, that is a great rendition of Edward...just love it...always stirs my emotions, makes me want to know Edward, too...in a literary sort of way. Something about that kinslayer reminds me of Elric. Really like Old Blind Dogs, too - they have a very nice sound.

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, so it just seemed appropriate to dine out at a new Mexican (Mexican owned/operated) restaurant in town - downed a couple Corona Extras with the meal, too. Tonight, just sipping wine with chocolate...and watching tv.

I know...I KNOW! 'Get back in character, das! You're boring when you're just 'you' and not the bearded lady!' Okay...I will get into character...next time.

das

Comment

• At least we've now got rid of that bloody pram thing, even if we're stuck with wossername.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, so it just seemed appropriate to dine out at a new Mexican (Mexican owned/operated) restaurant in town - downed a couple Corona Extras with the meal, too.
        Das, in Ireland the economy is so bad they're not just celebrating the sinking of Mayo but all the other counties as well.

Comment

• Porcus, The Pram Thing has never gone away.......now we have an exclusive total fight night next Saturday between Bladnoch Bess, Paulina Von Minct and all Comers, all bets are off !!!!! ( Unless Kat turns up with the pseudo Viking outfit !!!!! ) I'll have a large Drambie ayway !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• We have a new delivery of Boabie's Multiversal Scotch Pies, made to a home recipe ( TF found it in a People's Friend Mag ), they are on sale in the Cornelius suite to all except Porcus's Thing In The Pram, it began to glow green the last time we allowed it to try one.
            Paulina Von Minct is screeching that if we don't deliver up Reinart and a half dozen of Boabie's Finest Pies she is going to trash the wine cellar. Reinart, please come out of the beer cooler, we need the wine cellar intact, I'm sure she won't be that cruel , maybe she'll let you keep the tail and anyway The Chaos Henry's are still out of it, TF recharged them with more Toilet Duck and Champagne, although we got the money out of their wallets first!

TF. open the 30 year old Dom Perrignon and Bowmore Sea Dragon, it's time for a small aperitif !!!........P.S. Where's DaS ? Elric's looking VERY nervous in Brooding Corner ......!!!

Comment

• WHERE IS EVERYBODY ??????? Has Paulina Von Minct scared everybody away ??? The takings are dire, even Boabie's Multiversal pies are going stale, I'm going to have to feed them to The Thing In The Pram as the waiters are on strike and it's starving, they haven't been paid for three weeks. Oh well, I'll just have to break open that cask of Granbretanian 1,000 year old single malt I've been hiding....er saving for a special occasion

Comment

• Sorry...just really busy lately. Will try to stop by for a drink up later today - or tomorrow!

das

Comment

• Im having the Ardbeg with a haggis supper and a pickled egg stout yeoman!!
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Oy, gevalt! Wolf, I'll take an Ardbeg myself, backed with a double-shot of absinthe. Be sure to gold-dust the shot glass! I clipped on these Galactic skis I picked up at the Ganymede Wal-Mart and set 'em for Austerlitz, 2 Dec 1805, but somehow I ended up ankle-deep in the fresh muck that just got swept out of the Robert Adams' Horseclans Memorial Stable down the street. Who the hell mucks a stable during rush hour on Monday evenings, anyway? There oughtta be a law.

Comment

• just stocked up the drinks cabinet in flying pig towers with a 12 y/o aberlour, an 18 y/o springbank and a 12 y/o macallan.

just in time for a few quiet ishca's in the back garden after work.

i'd better have a small snifter before i go, to ward off pram thing, you understand.

please may i have a large middleton. i'm feeling extravagant today.

can i make a plea whilst i'm here please? is it possible to ban anyone from the inn who asks for something by saying, "can i get....?", as in "can i get a double skinny dinky donkey latte twatty?". the correct answer to this grammatically stupid question is, "no, you wait there and i'll get it for you, otherwise i'd be out of a job and you'd make a mess of my shop and probably wouldn't pay anyway. ask properly next time, you divvy, or you'll get nothing!"

just a thought.......

Comment

• Thats some good housekeeping there PV!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• PV, Maybe we could have flash cards printed up, especially for Kat, so that if any asks her ' Can I get... ' she shows them the card prior to the horrendous violence ! Takings are back up to normal, Das's Bearded Lady went down really well with the Bulgar Mountain Old People's Welfare outing ( we charged them half price as it was only Das, and she's also from Noo Joisey !!! ). Reinart is still running from Paulina Von MInct, he really should take the fox suit off and stay away from elderly folk who he thinks are minxes !!! I'm surprised AllenBG hasn't entered the fray....or is it just Cat Things he likes ??/

A new team of Pan Tang Pole Dancers have arrived, they are taking the place by storm as some of them have resorted to Lap Dancing as well, poor Thingfish is dashing from table to table and running out of cash quickly.

I'm still on the Granbretanian, it's lethal stuff....and no....none of you can have any for leaving me here on my own to cope with this lot....and The Thing In The Pram......well maybe seeing as you are all regulars, you can maybe have one!! Rightg, off to watch Emmerdale on the new flatscreen !!!!

Comment

• Das....Kat.... Sparrowhawk....AllenBG....anyone........there's a new kid on the block....the football free zone thread....looks like TF is trying to have the slum sport imported over there due to the ban on anything to do with it here. I think we might have to send Elric and Das over on a pitch invasion to grab TF back.......the place needs hoovering. I'll have a pint of Cruz Campo and a large Courvoisier while we wait !!!

Comment

• 'ere, woolfie. did your old man live in tooting in the seventies and knock around with a load of no hoper communists?

maybe you're a closet fulham fan and don't want to admit it for fear of damaging your credibility amongst the ex-pat rugger bugger set.

FREEDOM FOR TOOTING!

Comment

• PV, NO........I just don't like football, I get a load more fun reading Spiderman....hence the pile of 60s Marvels in the Manager's office........and no....you can't feed them to The Thing In The Pram, the Multiversal Child Support Agency are after you anyway !!!! Is that a barrel of Cruz Campo and a litre of Glenmorangie ?? TF, You've been to the Cash and Carry again, Arioch look kindly on you....now where's that Pan Tang Pole Dancer.......?

Comment

Working...
                                X