Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Das, The Bearded Lady act is a total failure, everyone in the multiverse is staying away......so........you're FIRED !!! FIRED !!! FIRED !!!! TF and I have to take the expenses of the advertising out of your wages plus the cost of the iron cage to keep the captive audience in. We've left a shaving kit in the ladies.....don't tell Jerry, he can be a little confused at times !!!

Right, now we're back to a semblance of normality ( well, what passes for it here !! ) we'll have Bladnoch Bess and The Thing In The Pram doing a Billie Jean on Porcus !! Meanwhile, TF and I will have the Glenmorangie delivery on the patio, after the cleaner wipes the blood off since Kat went on the rampage again!!! .....AllenBG, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't encourage the Cat Things, we can't keep up with cat litter trays and the claw marks!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• I'm...FIRED??!

Well, FINE, then...BE that way! I didn't need the silly job, anyway! In fact, I don't need nothing! Or nobody! So...THERE! PFFFT!

I'll just go and sit in the Brooding Corner, with Elric, and drink cheap wine... *sniffle*

Elric:

Sheesh. Sometimes the strangest things makes that man happy.

das

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
        we'll have Bladnoch Bess and The Thing In The Pram doing a Billie Jean on Porcus !!
        doing a billie jean - what on earth does that entail and will i enjoy it?

i'll have a large jamesies whilst i'm here - got a workshop in a few mins.....

Comment

.....AllenBG, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't encourage the Cat Things, we can't keep up with cat litter trays and the claw marks!!
          Me??? When she said she was going back to her home planet she didn't say she'd be back with her friends and family in tow! See what happens when you take in strays, they follow you home and you can't get rid of them...

Mumbles into his large glass of vintage port...

Comment

• M&S are doing some lovely real ales at the moment. Their Exeter Summer Ale is good (lightly chilled) and the Suffolk ale is good too. I'll tell you about the Norfolk ale later. They are 4 for 3 at the moment too.

Comment

• Love a good ale, but when summer rolls around, I usually find myself sticking to Corona Extra...just seems to go well with warm weather.

Tonight, however, I'm having my usual fruit of the vine nightcap! With dark (plain} chocolate!

das

Comment

• Now that sounds like a good combination Das!
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                  Now that sounds like a good combination Das!
                  Even better when you add hot pepper jack (monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers)! That's often my late night snack - read wine, pepper jack cheese, and dark chocolate. A little sweet, a little bitter, a little smooth, a little hot, and a little buzz - can't beat it!

das

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                    Even better when you add hot pepper jack (monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers)! That's often my late night snack - read wine, pepper jack cheese, and dark chocolate. A little sweet, a little bitter, a little smooth, a little hot, and a little buzz - can't beat it!

das
                    i'm not sure what would be worse das. the cheese induced nightmares or the red wine induced gout.

i'd be bouncing off the walls all night but hobbling from one to the other.....

my late night trick is to fall asleep on the tube or bus home after a few too many jars and end up somewhere that's just plain wrong for that time of night.

i'll have a pint of timothy taylors landlord and a large aberlour for breakfast please.

Comment

• Das, No wonder you're mental, with all those emotions mixed up in chocolate, wine and cheese. Stick with a good single Highland Malt ( preferably a large one ) !!!! AllenBG, we told you about the Cat Things, they have extremely large litters, so now we have hundreds of hybrids AllenBG/Cat Things clawing at the ankles of the patrons. As if we don't have enough problems with Porcus's Thing In The Pram. Where's Kat when you want someone eviscerated !!!! Pass the Pusser's Rum, TF!!!

Comment

As if we don't have enough problems with Porcus's Thing In The Pram. Where's Kat when you want someone eviscerated !!!! Pass the Pusser's Rum, TF!!!
                        I deny all responsibility for Pram Thing. It arrived with Bladnoch Bess and neither of them will go away. Doesn't mean it's mine!

I work with a South African bloke who swears by Pusser's Rum. It sounds like it's been harvested from the weeping wounds of bedlam inmates. Presumably it doesn't taste the same.

Comment

• Pussers' Rum was doled out daily by the Royal Navy until the 1970's, now we no longer have destroyers crashing into each other in the Channel !! It's actually very nice, hence we have an everlasting supply to the font behind the main bar, I've seen Kat lying under the open tap, draining a vat at a time !!! In saying that, I'll just mosey over past Brooding Corner and have a half or three while watching Elric being mentally tortured by Das.

Comment

• *tip-toes into the Inn*

Psst! Guess what I made tonight? Drambuie-laced strawberry shortcake with ice cream and whipped cream. It was delish! :)

Also...I was going through my music library, and came across a CD I haven't listened to in a while. Can't remember if I shared this song here before, or not - but either way, I'm sharing it again (I hope it plays for you guys on the other side of the pond):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCkcYYQv3so

das

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              *tip-toes into the Inn*

Psst! Guess what I made tonight? Drambuie-laced strawberry shortcake with ice cream and whipped cream. It was delish! :)

Also...I was going through my music library, and came across a CD I haven't listened to in a while. Can't remember if I shared this song here before, or not - but either way, I'm sharing it again (I hope it plays for you guys on the other side of the pond):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCkcYYQv3so

das
                              Brilliant song, Das and the Highland images are stunning. As for the shortcake, the neighbours ask if you can actually take some shortcake with your flagon of Drambuie next time, the caretaker has had complaints !!!

We had some bother here last night, out of nowhere, this mad female dressed in fox hunting garb, followed by her Chaos Henrys Pack, burst into the inn on horseback shouting ' Where's Reinart ? ' Turns out she is actually Paulina Von Minct, Chaos Queen of Slonesqware, her Chaos Henrys trashed the bar looking for the Pate Fois Gras and Dom Perrignon. We tried to tell her that fox hunting is now outlawed but she just punched the doorman and took his wallet as well. Reinart managed to hide in the dishwasher, he told us he had met her in Londra and thought her name was Pauline the Minx, he thought he'd try her out on a date but when he found out she was 150,000 years old he did a runner, she has been chasing him since !!! The Chaos Henry's are unconscious in the car park after TF spiked their champagne and sandwiches with Toilet Duck but Paulina is still on the rampage although we've managed to confine her and the horse to the Baron Kalan suite. Time for a large Drambuie Strawberry shortcake and a Glayva surprise. I think we'll have to set The Thing In The Pram on Paulina if she doesn't go away !!!

Comment

• maybe we've finally found a use for pram thing. can't we set it on pauline the hillman minx and see what sort of job i can do. don't forget it made mince meat of my venerable homing jaguar.

right, wws you get a rope around the front springs. tf, you grab the handlebars. das, you put the hood up so it can't see and i'll put some weight behind the back end. maybe we can "persuade" it into the vicinity of the mad bird on the 'orse.

1,2,3 PUSH!

Oh crumbs! I bet that hurt. Blimey! That looked impossible from this angle. Don't worry, I'm sure that'll wipe of the draylon eventually.

Erm......so what do we think chaps? A success?

Can I have a large Jamesies and another as a chaser please? It's for the shock, you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X