Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, swordplay and skull-cracking - a perfect mid-week morning in the Moorcock Inn!

I think I'll go straight for a pint of Black Pearl stout -- without the jokes about fat Devonshire pirates, thank you -- and... oh, a Cognac to follow, I think. I'm in a mellow mood today!

Comment

• Cushion for the Management, please, I haven't been able to sit down properly since Das slapped me with Stormbringer...and all because we don't put shaving kits in the Ladies' toilets.....gillette and some foam on it's way, Das ! Who started Mike's Beard thread anyway ???? Oh......oh....ahhh, ( sits down gingerly on the cushioned barstool ) TF, a pint of Youngers number 13 and a large Drambuie to ease the pain !!!......( whose that guy with beard ? Das, not again !!! We have a rule here, no unshaven ladies before 3 p.m. !!! )

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Firm but fair WW!!
        I'll join you in the No 13 but i think i'll break into the Glayva for that treacle hit!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Coca-Cola swilling in ice, please.
          Ani Maamin B'emunah Sh'leimah B'viyat Hamashiach. V'af al pi sheyitmahmehah im kol zeh achake lo b'chol yom sheyavo.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Phillip K. Dick

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyrinn S. Eis View Post
            Coca-Cola swilling in ice, please.
            i know the policy is to take anyone's money at any time of the day or night but this bar has standards you know. coca-cola? well i never!

have we got any of that nice spanish wine made by torres? i'll have two bottles tonight and you'd better get a few more in for sunday night, just in case little fernando's in the mood.

Comment

• Well,he certainly was tonight PV
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• 0 - 0 bugger!

a large commiseratory royal lochnagar if you please.

Comment

• 0-0,we have a saying for that here,
                  'Firhill for Thrills'
                  I'll have some of that Lochnagar while its still nice and warm.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, Now you bring the Slum Sport for the Masses to the Inn !!! We don't have a big enough widescreen since Kat put her head through the last one when we accidentally screened Neighbours ( blecchhhhh !!! ) !!. Firhill was never thrilling, just cold, wet and no Boabie's Famous Pies, just the one's from Pars.

PV, is Fernando the name of your progeny, The Thing In The Pram ? If so, that container load of Torres I sent from Almeria disappeared into the Pram along with the driver when it arrived at the car park, lots of hiccuping sounds coming now !!! I think I'll have a Guiness extra cold and a Molito to cool things down. Kyrinn....don't you know the Coco Cola here is more expensive than the Kristal Champagne ? No problem though, TF and I need the cash for the next trip to the fleshpots of Londra....er on a fact finding tour only...for the charity.... quick TF, pass that Guiness !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                      PV, is Fernando the name of your progeny, The Thing In The Pram ? If so, that container load of Torres I sent from Almeria disappeared into the Pram along with the driver when it arrived at the car park, lots of hiccuping sounds coming now !!!
                      if only little fernando were my progeny wws, i would be the very wealthy father of a world class footy player.

as it is, i deny all rumours of a genetic link to pram thing. its appetite for eating and drinking may resemble mine but that's as far as the likeness goes.

a large pusser's rum and a brandy chaser please.

Comment

• Thats the new unbreakable large screen TV installed!!
                        Thats what i meant WW,Firhill for thrills means 0-0.
                        Im on the Glenlivet and Fowleres Wee Heavys tonight for a change.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                          Thats the new unbreakable large screen TV installed!!
                          erm....you know those claims of unbreakableness? i'm afraid the screen has become the victim of a sequence of unfortunate events.

bladnoch bess was doing her world famous taking-her-underwear-off-without-using-her-hands act and flung her knickers over her shoulder. pram thing dived balletically to catch said bloomers and deveoured them, creating a shower of rivets and lace across the bar. lori slipped on one of the rivets whilst doing her glockenspiel and sabre balancing act and ended up head first through the screen.

there is now a small pink cat shaped hole in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

and the worst thing of all was that, during the melee, somebody spilled my pint. herrumph!

Comment

• The spilled pint i personally find hard to stomach!
                            The rest though is just another run of the mill afternoon at The Inn!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Sooo... firstly, where's White?

I think I need to throw something at him or kick him or something...

secondly... I need a drink...

So what's been happenin'?

Comment

• Kat, we're now on the third unbreakable widescreen TV, you girls just can't stop headbutting them, it's like Glasgow on a Saturday night !! TF and I will have to put up the insurance premiums up from your wages to cover all this !! That Bladnoch Bess will have to be sorted, the only girls I knew with cast iron underwear were NOT from the Highlands !!! At the weekend we have a spectacular new band, ( who especially bribed, ,,,er paid TF to get in ) The Black Eyed Frozen Veg, singing their latest ( well, first ) release, I Got No Feeling, Tonight's Gonna Be A Cold Night, although we'll have to charge them for the clean up if they melt on the stage. Apart from that as long as Kat doesn't throw her axe, Lor keeps the sabre in the glockenspiel and DAS and SH behave, maybe they'll make it out alive...perhaps we should have just stayed with The Deep Thick. Pink Cat thing in the old widescreen ? Has AllenBG been up to his amorous cat encounters again ??? Kat, I'm only here for a cold Tennets, put the axe away, I'm still after sore after Das belted me with Stormbringer.....Tf, throw me a quick Glenliver I'm off to the ditch !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X