Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've tried Thwaites Lancaster Bomber and Wainwright Golden Ale this week. All very quaffable.

My round is it?

Comment

• indeed sandy, a proper lancashire beer and no mistake. the wainwright is something to write home (or walking books) about.

Comment

• TF, We've hit the jackpot, we've found a mark, er, Sandy ( good guy ), is buying the next round for the whole Inn, pity he doesn't know it's the multiversal round so he is on the tab for the next 1,000 years. In that case I'll have a cask of Glenmorangie Port wood finish 30 year old and another Pan Tang Pole Dancer ( the last one broke!!! ). Where's Lorelei? I can hear moaning again, oh well,must be Stormbringer !! Think I better run now!!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Superb!
          We'll have to get a few lorryloads of that wainright in then!!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, strange things afoot at The Inn, a team of Dwarves have turned up and there's a fight in the car park between them and the order of the donkey, something about losing a tossing contest. Being a respectable establishment, we have banned Dwarf Tossing, we only throw Gordon Ramsay and people like him out!!

Little people barefoot are running about, dancing on the tables, drinking all the lager and generally being annoying little gits, we need Das, SH, Kat and Lorelei back here asap!! What's happened to the Multiverse? Where's Mike? Why is my sword broken into pieces ? Whose round is it? Oh well, may as well try the Strider Stout, set them up, barkeep!!!

Comment

• Oi! Did you spill my pint?!!
              \

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Looks around - does double-take

"Right, this calls for a quick change of Avatar..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sauron View Post
                  Oi! Did you spill my pint?!!
                  \

Hey, you with the funny helmet, NO DWARF TOSSING !!!!

Comment

• Well put WW,we need to keep an eye out for them at the best of times!
                    Line up the Taliskers and i think i'll chase it with a bottle of Galadriels Ruin.
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Galadriels' Ruin, I knew a girl like her once, her name was....... er I think I'll just join you with the Talisker, TF !!!

Comment

• "excuse me barman, there seems to be a hobbit in my soup."

"don't tell everyone sir, they'll all want one."

is sandy still buying? mine's a barrel of the pope's post code - vat 69.

Comment

• *Barges into the Inn*

WHAT the hell happened???! WHAT the hell is going on in here???! Dwarves? Hobbits? Elves?? What has chaos brought upon us??!

And that moaning? It can't be Stormbringer, for I wield Stormbringer! It must've been Elric, brooding in the Corner! ELRIC! Stop your infernal moping, and get to your feet! I return your hellish blade to you!

*tosses Stormbringer to Elric*

There, good sir...now - have at it!!

The blood bath will be great, I fear... *ducks to avoid being hit by a severed dwarf's head* VERY great! But at least Elric smiles again! And laughs!

Drinks are on me, folks! Name your poison! Personally, I'm in the mood for a Bloody Mary.

~ Mrs. Spitzknitting

Comment

• Well at least JRR likes his beer. It's the constant bloody theology that get's washed down with it, not to mention the pipes full of copious amounts of Navy Cut, that are hard to take.

Who's that under the chair? 'Hey! Son! You've dropped your ring!'

Comment

• I havn't turned to booze before (killer of the frontal lobe), but it's now time for a quick, stiff drink, maybe 2 or 6!

How did I manage to stumble into another plane of the multiverse? Where are the familiar places to visit that I know and love? Why are there dwarves flying through the air? WHO let in the orcs.....??

Help - do I need to twist a ring to get back to my plane? or do I have to sail to the utmost west?

I'll have a double G&T - cheers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                *Barges into the Inn*

WHAT the hell happened???! WHAT the hell is going on in here???! Dwarves? Hobbits? Elves?? What has chaos brought upon us??!

And that moaning? It can't be Stormbringer, for I wield Stormbringer! It must've been Elric, brooding in the Corner! ELRIC! Stop your infernal moping, and get to your feet! I return your hellish blade to you!

*tosses Stormbringer to Elric*

There, good sir...now - have at it!!

The blood bath will be great, I fear... *ducks to avoid being hit by a severed dwarf's head* VERY great! But at least Elric smiles again! And laughs!

Drinks are on me, folks! Name your poison! Personally, I'm in the mood for a Bloody Mary.

~ Mrs. Spitzknitting
                                Das, the moaning is from Lorelie's Evil Cleavage, we're using her to try and clear the place of all these Ring people but now they're only drooling, thank chaos you brought Elric back into line but we'll have to cleanup the blood before we close!! More Vat 69, Bar keep and keep them coming ( dodges another severed Dwarf head !!!! )

Comment

Working...
                                X