Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The chattering false teeth and mismatched socks probably belong to one of AllenBGs' former amorous conquests, either that or he's moved into the cellar again!! We've had a complaint from the Order of the Gnat's Grand constable, apparently the pink cat who did the bar dancing killed one of his people by a thrown sabre, they want a discount on the bar bill now. ( It's ok TF, we charged them extra for the bar entertainment anyway, just for the next cruis....er sport relief day. ) We'll have to stop Lor drinking all the Dalwhinnie, hopefully she won't discover the stash of Glencoe 8 Year Old as you can't get it anymore!! Uh oh, she's started singing with Bladnoch Bess ' Don't stop me now ' and the Thing In The Pram has just eaten a waiter!!! PV, where are you???

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
      Uh oh, she's started singing with Bladnoch Bess ' Don't stop me now ' and the Thing In The Pram has just eaten a waiter!!! PV, where are you???
      i'm doing what we call in good old blighty "a runner", and i advise all other god or arioch fearing punters in the bar to do the same. if bladnoch bess gets to the chorus anyone within 100 yards is fu**ed!

and if lor values her future as a glockenspiel virtuoso she'll keep her hands well out of reach of the pram.

i thought smirking had been banned in pubs in california lor. ah, of course, we're in the multiverse so the law needn't apply.

my safe distance from bladnoch bess has left me too far from the bar to get a scotch so i'm going for an irish whiskey instead. a bottle of jamesey's please. if you strap it to my homing jaguar it will get to me in a jiffy.

Comment

• Ugh, I'm just getting over a throat infection, my glands have been trying to strangle me - I need something to sip gently that's going to burn out the last of the bugs. Nothing less than 70 proof or under 10 years old is going to do the job...

Comment

• I was pointed over here when enquiring about the availability of cheesy nibbles at the Welcome Centre, but you only appear to have those odd looking peanuts... Guess I'll just have another pint of OP and go sit quietly in the snug (if that's okay).

ex

Comment

• Careful of the snug Ebeneezer,there was some unsavoury creatures hanging about at the window last time i looked in.
            Oh,my mistake,that was the nibbles!
            Allen i think some of the house Pochin may do the trick.
            Trust me im a doctor!!
            Wheres that 29yo Dalwhinnie that Lor found?
            Have you tanned it already WW?
            Where has PV 'done one' to?
            OK,who was last in the cellar and stole the magic Glock?
            Tune in next week for the answers to all this and more!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
              Where has PV 'done one' to?
              OK,who was last in the cellar and stole the magic Glock?
              what are you trying to suggest tf? that there's some link between a disappearing scouser and a missing magic glockenspiel? that's stereotyping that is. the last guy who fell into that trap had all his car wheels knicked and his entire wardrobe replaced by shellsuits.

nothing to do with me mate!

if you'd seen some of bladnoch bess' and pram thing's previous performances you would know that the best place to look for any missing items would be in the pram itself. better men than me have tried and never been seen again.

let's hope that the magic glock will use its own prestidigitatious capabilities (flippin' 'eck!) to get itself out of trouble.

i'll be out of hiding once bb and pram thing have moved on. in the mean time can you strap a crate of calvados and some bacon butties to e type (that's what i call the homing jaguar) and i'll settle up when i resurface.

and stick a pint of op for ebeneezer on my tab. he's most welcome.

Comment

• PV, Ebenzer's on his 8th pint of OP now, so you owe TF and I 1,000 melnibonean gold pieces and a Ziva clone each, and the homing jag is on it's way, we've attached the pram to the back as well.

Ebenezer, if you're peckish, try one of Boabie's famous radioactive scotch pies, specially brought in By Dundee's finest, TF. Even The Thing In The Pram can't handle them. With AllenBG's sore throat, maybe the Deep Thick's singing will be bearable tonight, we'll just stick him on drums but if Lorelei starts the bar dancing again, I can see probloems when Kat the pseudo Viking returns with THAT dress and the battleaxe!! TF, why are those peanuts moving about the tables, it looks like a David Cronenberg film!! Eeeeek!!! Think I'll head on to the Glenfiddich 20 year old and a large Absinthe!! Get the ditch ready, and a Pan Tang Pole Dancer for comfort!!!

Comment

• Calm Down!
                  Stereotyping?
                  Moi?
                  Never!!
                  Thats about 6 pints and 4 nips Ebeneezer has waiting for him behind the bar,think he'll need the trolley next!
                  Tonight Matthew i will be mostly drinking anything thats not nailed down!!
                  Great call on the pie recommendation WW!!
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                    Calm Down!
                    Stereotyping?
                    Moi?
                    Never!!
                    Thats about 6 pints and 4 nips Ebeneezer has waiting for him behind the bar,think he'll need the trolley next!
                    Tonight Matthew i will be mostly drinking anything thats not nailed down!!
                    Great call on the pie recommendation WW!!
                    Anything that's not nailed down, TF?? That's Dundonians for you!! We'll have to do something about Lorelei's Evil Cleavage, the Granbretanians are traumatised!!! A Ziva clone and another bottle of Glen Grant, barkeep!

Comment

With AllenBG's sore throat, maybe the Deep Thick's singing will be bearable tonight, we'll just stick him on drums ... Think I'll head on to the Glenfiddich 20 year old and a large Absinthe!!!
                      WWS - it's my THROAT that's sore, not my fingers - I can still (not) play my bass!
                      After you with the Glenfiddich - and a bin to catch the stopper, we'll not be using it again...

Comment

• Well i have to say,the band were as tight as the proverbial ducks hoop tonight!
                        I think John Barbican Begg wanted to sign them but i threw him out before he could get his avaricious claws in!
                        Line up the Glayva's and McAuley 80 shilling.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• AllenBG - hope that throat feels better! Hope it's not strep...that's a real pain in the...errrrm...neck? Glenfiddich should help kill those germs.

Today hubby and I stumbled upon this Irish pub while on an adventure. In the States, an 'Irish' pub usually means they have Guinness on tap...AND...they did!! I had Guinness, hubby had something else (Yuengling, I think), and we had a really tasty lunch. Now I'm sipping a wee bit o' wine, just to relax and unwind before bed. Cheers!

das

Comment

• Das, go easy on the wine, we don't want a repeat of the Baron kalan Suite ' unpleasantness ', the clean up bill was astronomical.......that reminds me, it's coming out your wages!! TF, line up the shots of Bowmore Sea Dragon, it might help AllenBGs' alien throat bug!!!

Comment

Das, go easy on the wine, we don't want a repeat of the Baron kalan Suite ' unpleasantness ', the clean up bill was astronomical.......that reminds me, it's coming out your wages!! TF, line up the shots of Bowmore Sea Dragon, it might help AllenBGs' alien throat bug!!!

Wages??! We don't need no stinkin' wag...uuuuh...nevermind.

Soooo...I'ma gettin' paid?? Hmmm... Okay! Ya better start payin' up, bub!

das

Comment

• Das, I still haven't recovered from the ditch episode......the trauma is unbearable....as for the wages, Tf and I have a forge...er signed contract from you giving all your wages to us...oh, the charity, except for the fines when you behave like a mad thing. No more Brooding Corner, Elric's just got out of the mental hospital in Londra and is actualy buying the beers, so get back on stage along with the rest. A triple Smirnoff on ice, just a dash of lemonade, TF. Wait, the prams back in the car park, Bladnoch Bess is ranting again, we better get Porcus back before we lose another waiter to The Thing In The Pram!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X