Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comin right up!
    And i'll have to open that dusty looking bottle of The Antiquary lurking in the corner.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Mwah hah hah! ***slinks off nefariously behind the bar***

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Ah..so thats where you've been SH!
        I noticed that the stock has taken a bit of a dent recently!!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post

A fine celtic-sounding bar there Lor!!
          Bet it was a blast.
          A squad of us were at a bar called The Bothy where we had an alternative St Patricks night,no-one was allowed to speak any other accent than Irish and if you slipped out of it you had to buy one of the Irish students(of which there are many here) a drink.
          The band were brilliant,it was three south american guys who come here to busk every year(from Ecuador,i think)playing Irish and Scots jigs on their pan pipes and drum.
          By the end of the night they couldn't keep it together due to being completely racecoursed!!
          I think that it was officially surreal TF! The Kona Club used to be a very cool pub called, "King's X" Admittedly, as far as Tiki goes, the decor was pretty cool, and thankfully dark, but for St Patty's it did not compute. The place was full of squealing barely legals drinking tropical multi-straw drinks from bowls garnished with pinapple, parasols, and little monkeys while I sat there with a pint of Guiness and a 16 year old Lagavulin! I might not have stayed if my friend hadn't bought me a second round. It was easier to take on the second round.

I think I would have had a blast at your "alternative St Pattys" but my accent is pretty terrible!
          "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
            TF, Can you PLEASE ask Lorelei to stop the bardancing with the glockenspiel, she's just knocked out the Ant order's Grand Constable and they're NOT happy! We also don't want the place cleared yet, so get the scimitar off her as well!!
            Oh Come on WW! I'm just starting to get the hang of the balance a sword on your head belly dancing thing! And I'm so much better at it onceI'm good and drunk!

Comment

• At least you were armed with the good stuff Lor!!
              Its ok by the end of the night my accent was more 'drunken welsh' than irish so you 'd have got by ok.
              Wheres the Absinthe being hidden?
              I could do with a few.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, Lor is our type of girl...Guiness and a Lagavullin? If she can sing she's the new vocalist in the Deep Thick! ( I think we could make some cash out of that...er for the charity of course.....) If she keeps up the glockenspiel bar dancing we better order in more Lagavullin. Oh, Porcus....Bladnoch Bess is at the front door, still ranting....except she's pushing a pram and looking for cash??? As a responsible establishment in the multiverse, we must say.....YOU'RE ON YER OWN WEE MAN!!!!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Sounds like a plan to me WW!!
                  Oh no you didnt let BB in did you,we just replaced that carpetting last week!!
                  A pint of good old 90 shilling for me(strictly medicinal of course)

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• ah, the old rant-and-a-pram gag. whatever you do, don't give her any cash and NEVER EVER look in the pram.

is there another barrel of that port? my gout's coming along nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                      TF, Lor is our type of girl...Guiness and a Lagavullin? If she can sing she's the new vocalist in the Deep Thick! ( I think we could make some cash out of that...er for the charity of course.....) If she keeps up the glockenspiel bar dancing we better order in more Lagavullin. Oh, Porcus....Bladnoch Bess is at the front door, still ranting....except she's pushing a pram and looking for cash??? As a responsible establishment in the multiverse, we must say.....YOU'RE ON YER OWN WEE MAN!!!!!!
                      Thanks guys! I seem to be going through a wee bit of a party girl phase at the moment albeit unplanned! Unfortunately I broke my glokenspeil so will have to stick to tamberine and vocals for the moment!

Best compliment of my weekend was, "Thank you for bringing your cleavage!" from a kid about half my age. And tonight at the closest thing we have to a pub here I was propositioned by a guy about 20 years younger than me. (Alas, I was not drunk enough to go for it.)

Besides, I'd rather party with you fellas! Has anybody seen my saber? It's dancin' time!

TF It was the good stuff. Wish I had some at home, but I can no longer afford good single malts on my bar at home. However, if somebody's buyin'!

And WW I can definately sing! I'm up for it anytime!

Comment

• Thats what i like to hear Lor!
                        Never mind about the Glock,theres one in the cellar with special powers,you play one note and all the young Melniboneans fall over themselves to buy you nips of single malt!!
                        We have to get the band back for this weekend at least as the holid.....er....charities are wondering why their donations are getting smaller!
                        Im about to make inroads into that case of Patron Gold Label Tequila that mysteriously appeared behind the bar after that Granbretonian bar mitzvah we put on the other night!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I think Lor's cleavage might well be Lord Arioch in disguise, those young Melniboneans are staring strangely into the distance and drooling and they haven't even bought a drink yet. I'm on the Glenmorangie Cask Strength tonight, in preparation for the Deep thick's reappearance a tthe weekend, especially if Lor is going to traumatise the Purple Towns youth choir! set them up, barkeep!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Glenmorangie Cask Strength ay WW?
                            Count me in!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• the bar steward has just made the following tannoy announcement, "will the small pink cat with the cleavage please put her glockenspiel away and come down from the bar. there's a bottle of balvennie for her on table 4."

some of the customers are cheering, some look disappointed, most look relieved.

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
                                the bar steward has just made the following tannoy announcement, "will the small pink cat with the cleavage please put her glockenspiel away and come down from the bar. there's a bottle of balvennie for her on table 4."

some of the customers are cheering, some look disappointed, most look relieved.

TF, WW, and PV- You guys are just too witty! Wondering what the neighbors think when they hear this loud laughter coming from my house. It makes the cats’ ears twitch!

First, I broke a heel whilst sprinting down the cellar steps to search for that magical glock! This caused me to remember one of the reasons I don’t wear heels (except on those occasions when I am lying down).

I’m still scraping the cobwebs off from my excavation. Nothing interesting was found but a very old cask of Amontillado with a dead raven in the bottom, a set of chattering false teeth and a pile of mismatched socks.

Starting to suspect TF was yanking my tail about the glock. Oil my way upstairs slightly crestfallen as I have always had a bit of a thing for young Melniboneans!

Shaking off the gloom of the cellar I attempt to wash cobwebs and one hitch-hiking spider off in the loo. Seltzer and a bit of cheap American beer do the trick. It’s good to discover it has a purpose since it’s not good for drinking!

Made it just in time for the next set, making due with my back-up (ordinary) glockenspiel! Slightly miffed about WW’s suspicions that “the girls” might be Lord Arioch in disguise. Mulling the comment over while spinning a saber on my middle finger then tossing it blindly at the crowd. Trying to decide if the remark was a compliment, a jab or just more of WW’s wit. To growl or purr, that is the question! Granted, the cleavage has caused quite a bit of chaos over the years, but none of it malevolent!

Just as I decide to hurl my ruined shoes at an errant fairy, I am distracted by the invitation of a 29 year old Dalwhinnie being dangled in my eyeline; a diversion too enticing to pass up. A few shots later starting to forget about possible cleavage slight and elusive glockenspiel! Feeling really mellow! Feeling really pink and cat-like……….perhaps a bit of mild mischief?

Oooooh! I hear a voice over the crowd and yet another Scotch beckoning! I’ll just slink into the chair at table 4 with my most mysterious smirk. Well, there’s always tomorrow if I want to literally bring the house down!

Now where are my cantankerous drinking buddies? I just found a flask of Chartreuse under my chair!

Comment

Working...
                                X