Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back, WWS - pull up a chair and warm yourself by the fire.

Night off, eh? Then I'll side with the majority with a pint or six of Dublin's finest stout!

Comment

• Happy new Beer WW!!
      Bummer about you getting stuck and then getting pneumonia,still it could've been worse,you could've been stuck in Bonnie Dundee!!
      Pan Tangers are ready to go,i got a whole new batch in for yer triumphant return.
      That Glenmorangie sounds good but may i tempt you with some 40(yep 40!)yo Fiddich that has just came out?
      As Allen says the black Irish stuff is all the rage at the moment so feel free to open a keg!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• There's some drunk bloke at the end of the bar who keeps muttering, 'Ness-a-guin, Ness-a-guin.' Can anyone translate please?

I'll have a Glendronach 18 y/o chaser whilst I'm waiting please.

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
          There's some drunk bloke at the end of the bar who keeps muttering, 'Ness-a-guin, Ness-a-guin.' Can anyone translate please?
          I believe that's a Gaelic phrase meaning "a glass of your finest stout, please, bar-being"

Comment

• Either that or its backwards bertie,just put empty tumblers in front of him and watch those pints appear!!
            Damn,need to get more Hawkwind on the jukebox!!
            Still-

CLICK.....CLICK.....WHIRR.....

Hawkwind-Brainstorm
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm still here...

I've had a hectic couple of months...and a really, REALLY bad week.

SO WHERE THE HELL IS ELRIC??!

AHHHH!!! There he is...

*Grabs the pasty fella, pushes him down, and swipes his thirsty sword*

Das: Excuse me, sir...I have a couple employees...and a customer...to take care of...

Elric: I'll get me coat!

Das: The more, the merrier! *Tosses Elric back his sword* Now...where's Mournblade?? Mournblade...and a bottle of rotgut...

das

Comment

• Good to see you, WWS! I was afraid that the foul Granbretanians had gotten hold of you when you went home for the holidays and had tossed you into a dungeon somewhere. I'll join you in a pint of stout - purely for the health benefits of course.

Welcome back, das darlin'!

Wait, she's gone already? And she took Elric???

Well, as long as you're out sucking souls, swing by my work-place and have at the Human Resources department. I'd have you take care of the vice president, too, but it's pretty clear she has no soul... refusing promotion for one of our techs on the grounds that she did not perform up to their standardsl on some psychological test! The unmitigated gall!

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Glad to see you all back in time for the throat-singing karaoke thats going down in the lounge tonight!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Throat-singing? That was me necking yet another pint of the Black Stuff!

Comment

• We know Allen.
                      It was recorded.
                      What do you reckon we're using for backing tracks for the karaoke.
                      Ok mines a pint!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I read that as 'throat-stinging', though... if I'm the one singing, then it will be more like 'ear-stinging'...

das

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          I read that as 'throat-stinging', though... if I'm the one singing, then it will be more like 'ear-stinging'...

das
                          Throat stingy? That would be a shot of 100% Polish spirit. Guaranteed to leave you gasping.

I'll be having a bolleke of De Koninck, if that's okay.

Comment

• Good choice Pietro!
                            Im opting for some Fowlers 'wee heavy' strong ales at the moment!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• after a heavy session yesterday at the carlisle united supporters club london branch 35th anniversary dinner in kew and then all back to ours to make a big dent in the leftover christmas booze, i'll have to take it easy and have something weak and feeble....

um....

oh i know. a cheeky vimto please. that's a bottle of blue WKD and a double port in the same glass. just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

• I was up all night, watching Sherlock Holmes and drinking beer.

I think I'll have something rehydrating, too. How about a Barr's Irn Bru, or a Currie's Red Kola, ideally from a stone stoppered bottle?

Comment

Working...
                                X