Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year Pietro!

Yeah that must have been a nightmare!!

While im here i may as well crack open that bottle of Antiquary i see lurking in the corner!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Cheers! Thingfish!

I just can't believe they managed to make the draught beer last that long. They must have been rationing the stuff.

Comment

• They were probably on the snakebites and alcopops!!

Speaking of draught beer i think i'll have a pint of Old Peculiar to whet the whistle!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I dont like to say 'Happy New Year' very often...The Morphail Effect don'tcha know! But there, Ive said it...I have however availed my self of Captain Bastable's supply of Beaujolais during my hasty retreat from the Lower Devonian Time Centre. If I drink enough of it I may just be able to postpone the inevitable onslaught of time for five or six hours.

Quisnam gero brevis brevis

Comment

• Did someone mention a mellow Port? I'll take a bottle of 10-year-old tawny, if it's all the same. Very nice too, especially with a good sturdy Ploughman's Lunch with Farmhouse cheddar and Branston pickle! Argh, making myself hungry now - where's the bar menu?

Comment

• Risky stuff there Ron but you made it!

That sounds excellent Allen but we may scare off some of the older patie.....er..customers!

Happy New Year!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by AllenBG View Post
                Did someone mention a mellow Port? I'll take a bottle of 10-year-old tawny, if it's all the same. Very nice too, especially with a good sturdy Ploughman's Lunch with Farmhouse cheddar and Branston pickle! Argh, making myself hungry now - where's the bar menu?
                Man after my own taste. Reminds me a couple of very pleasant Saturdays spent at the Crusting Pipe in Covent Garden drinking pints (sic) of port.

I then got very sic(k) of port.

Des
                Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Pints of Port Des!!

You animal!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                    Pints of Port Des!!

You animal!
                    Pints of Port in the Crusting Pipe Des!!

You millionaire animal!

Mind you, it is one of the finest people watching specs in the whole of London. I love to while away a Saturday afternoon there with a bottle of plonk, the classical buskers for background music, the Grauniad crossword for stimulation and the tourists for entertainment.

Aaahhhh!

Comment

• Pints of Porter, bottles of Port! I do love a traditional pub, serving traditional pub food. If anyone's ever seen Nik Turner wolfing down the buffet post-gig then you'll know I'm not the only one!

Comment

• Whats the crusting pipe then PV?
                        Time for some proper spirits methinks so i'll have a triple Laphraoig with a scrumpy chaser!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                          Whats the crusting pipe then PV?
                          The Crusting Pipe is a wine bar in Covent Garden market in the West End of Larndan. It's in the cellar and has a courtyard that is overlooked by those on the ground level. Every day there are a succession of buskers from the Opera House band and chorus who do timed sets to entertain the crowds. You can sit at a table drinking a bottle of plonk, enjoying the music and watching the world go by.

As it's in the centre of the tourist world the food and booze are a bit over-priced. Not at real rip off levels but not cheap either. Des must have taken out a second mortgage to afford pints of port.

I generally don't do wine or classical music but as a retreat from the hell that is the West End it is a little oasis of peace and joy.

It's too early in the morning here to hit the spirits so I'll just have a pint of Arthur's finest (for the iron, you understand) to warm the cockles of my heart.

Comment

• It's 2:20am and minus something F outside and I can't sleep.

For those of you who think bourbon is undrinkable, try Maker's Mark. The dogs of bourbon.

Bit of Hawkwind on the jukebox...hmmm... what have we got? "Silver Machine"... woah! The Hoaxlords' version! Sweet!!!!

Des
                            Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Yeah Des,The Hoaxlords have top priority on the jukebox in this fine establishment.
                              PV-That sounds like a brilliant place,you must hear some great stuff being played.
                              I think i'll join you with a pint of Arthur!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Return of the White Wolf's Son

Happy belated New Year everyone. I had a nightmare journey back from snowy Scotland, couldn't get a direct flight from Glasgow on Christmas Eve so had to take an overnight coach to Manchester. Then they cancelled the flight with 15 minutes to boarding! Luckily, I had booked a back up flight later that day and made it here 21 hours after leaving Glasgow. I fell out with The chaos queen as for the past 19 years, santa has always had a small miniature dram to keep out the cold. For some reason this year she thought Santa didn't want any and put cold tea in it!!! Santa was NOT happy!!!

I was going to enjoy the litre bottle of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban I brought back with me however I ended up flat on my back with pneumonia, just recovering from it now. It seems I missed loads, including my 50th birthday bash so I'll have to make up for it. TF, get the Pan Tang girls on stage, give the Deep Thick the night off and it's a free bar ( except for Das, Kat and SH, they'll just wreck the gantry anyway!! ). I'll start with the Swedish Pedar cider first!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X