Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, the technology is once more working and I'm back from my travels... After many years of walking the Moonbeam Roads and exploring many alternative Earths. The straggling braids are gone, replaced by a shorter, neater haircut, and the beard is shorter and greyer, but I'm much the same Traveller as you all know.

Right, where's me guitar, and what key is the next number in? And does it matter as most of the Patrons are tone deaf, dead drunk or both?

A bottle of your finest Shiraz, bar-being, and an Absinthe chaser! One for Das, too, when she's next in the bar.

Bloody hell, it's really quiet in here, even for a Tuesday - come on, peeps, it's Saturday night somewhere in the Multiverse, let's celebrate!

Comment

• If I push a few buttons and murmer a few rythmic chants, I could make it Saturday night through out the whole Multiverse? A Conjunction of the Million Beers...You lot just keep that killjoy Frank Cornelius busy and I'll do it!...Ill need a bottle of Merlot for that though and an unused Featherlight.

Quisnam gero brevis brevis

Comment

• No bother Ron,Franks outside handing out flyers for The Thicks reunion gig on saturday!
        Welcome back Allen!
        Quiet?
        You must have ambled by mistake into the Major Nye snug bar where contemplation and military strategem are the order of the day.
        Im on the Tequila straight at the moment.
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Very cool morning here, dont mean in a good way. 2.1c. Jura about to be utilised!

Quisnam gero brevis brevis

Comment

• It was pretty much the same up here Ron this morning but luckily its always nice and toasty here at the Inn so if you dont mind i'll join you in a wee Jura or three!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, Can you put the Jura down for a sec and scoot over to Brooding Corner on your buggy.......Das has done it again, she's collected another albino but this time he brought his Mammoth with him and it's eating all the peanuts, apart from that the Granbretanians are about to go berserk as it's blocking the view of the Pan Tang Pole Dancers.......I see there are a couple missing already, Das and Sparrowhawk are looking very suspicious. On our next distillery tour we must visit the one at Fort William, apart from The Loch Linnhe they also do a new Glencoe, although nothing like the old stuff, I still have some of that tucked away as the distillery closed down years ago. They're still rebuilding the other ones Das, SH and Kat burned to the ground during their Terror Tour on your buggy.

Anyway, pass over a large Pusser's Rum, there's nothing like it on a cold night ( apart from a Pan Tang Pole Dancer but they're all busy!!! ).

I do have a complaint from Davina, apparently Mike is going to do a new Doctor Who novel ( check his thread !! ) and wants to use her Tardis to travel the multiverse however she's now making a fortune as she's letting the girls use the en suite toilets at 3 silver melnibonean pieces a go, even though the toilets don't really exist. I think duncan Bannatyne would say ' I'm out ' to that one!!! Better let Mike and her fight it out!!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• My moneys on Our Fearless Leader!
                Never knew the Glencoe distellery was shut down,i saw a bottle of that the other day,should've bought it.
                Rum sounds good to me.
                Line em up!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Wow. I didn't know that I could cause so much trouble! 'Tis fun!

I have some Pusser's Rum right here! I raise a glass and toast...

Monday: Our ships at sea.
                  Tuesday: Our men.
                  Wednesday: Ourselves.
                  Thursday: A bloody war and quick promotion.
                  Friday: A willing soul and sea room.
                  Saturday: Sweethearts and wives, may they never meet.
                  Sunday: Absent friends and those at sea.

Oooo...a bloody war. Looks like the Pan Tang pole dancers better watch out tomorrow!!

das

Comment

• *lands with a thud*

Just wanted to raise a glass with y'all. I've been skirting the netherworlds in search of new and exotic...errrrmmmm....flowers? (will they buy that? 'turns to other self' I dunno you igit...maybe...)

*coughs*

anyhoo...vodka and absinthe jello shots are freezin'...got a massive bbq planned for tomorrow evenin' along with some company. Should turn out to be a "...what did I do last night!?" kinda night

Comment

• Sounds brilliant Kat!!
                      Have a nice jello Absinthe scooping time!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, the old Glencoe distillery made the 8 year old but it is 54% proof, ( DON'T let Kat, Das or SH anywhere it!! ) comes in a red box if you can get it, I think it is quite expensive now they are becoming rarer. The fort william make the new Glencoe but it is a different taste.

Anyway, Seaton Begg has the sherry monocle on again, he's eying up Das in her corner with the albino collection, we better watch out there. Kat has borrowed the mammoth and is trashing the cars in the car park again, must be the Viking thing she's got. SH looks pretty guilty as another two Pan Tang Pole Dancers are missing, good thing I have a moonbeam road directg to Hwamgaarl so we can keep replacing them.

OPen a bottle of Glen Grant, barkeep, I'm for a blend tonight!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• I'll be keeping a beady eye out for that WW!
                          Good to see you keeping that supply line open!
                          A blend sounds good to me,i'll have a Cameron Brig(or six!)

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• *runs in...zoooooooom...pants everyone...runs out...zoooooooom!*

Sorry I haven't been in the Inn lately...very busy with not-so-fun things, like work, and housekeeping.

Here, enjoy my ever-growing albino collection!

Sorry - no ladies there...I don't collect ladies...

das

Comment

• Hey Das!!
                              Thats ok all the Albinettes are pretty much spoken for round these parts!
                              Im dallying with a bottle of Aberlour!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I need some Drambuie! Just watched this year's Drambuie Pursuit on Setanta - what a hoot!! Looks rough, and looks like fun! I hope they air next year's Pursuit, too.

Be right back...

EDIT: Poo. The folks don't have any. Guess I'll have to stop at the store on the way home...

das
                                Last edited by dasNdanger; 11-17-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X