Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heya, all...

Been a weird kinda day - working at home, which means I didn't get any real work done! I...tinkered. So, it's now 11 pm and just now working on the books (as in, bookkeeping), and sipping some of that burgundy I picked up over the weekend. 'Tis pretty good.

Last night on NCIS, Ziva said something funny - instead of saying they were 'babysitting', she said 'we're here to sit on the baby'.

das

Comment

• Best not tell WW about that Das or he'll have his diapers and rattle out in a flash!!
      I've also had a weird day,i visited one of my old orphanages and sat in my old room for a bit.
      Lots of ghosts.
      So im unweirding at the moment with a little Cameron Brig.
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Weird is it? I could tell you about wierd after the last wee while. Anyway I notice you lot have been slacking while I've been away, what with brownies, filet mignons, little nightcaps and all that. THIS THE MOORCOCK INN!!!! Obviously you've taken advantage of TF's good nature but....yes......I'm back and need the cash, so get up on stage. Das, give TF his buggy back or I'll set the Pan Tang pole dancers on you, I brought in another 500 so there's plenty if you start swinging that black sword around again. I hear Elric had the beer goggles on the other night after a few two many dragonfire cocktails made a pass at Kat, I hope Melniboneans can grow bits back. Seaton Begg had a right good drink as well but being a bit more refined, he said he had a sherry monocle instead of the beer goggles, so he had a go at Sparrowhawk. Haven't seen them since but maybe when his sherry monocle is unsteamed he'll do a runner. We need her for the new DVD anyway.

So........GET BACK TO WORK NOW!!! ( TF, Pass over a large Highland Park, pleae, it's been a hard week ).

And that's me only STARTING!!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Hey WW!!
          Welcome back.
          The bad news is that i had to change the place into an arty farty wine bar as the profits were better!...
          AS IF!!!
          Highland Park coming straight up.
          Sure you dont need a snakebite chaser with that?
          Im havin some with my Cragganmore!!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, Put the snakebite chasers on the conveyor belt along with everything else. The Deep Thick need sorting as Christmas is coming up, I've arranged a gig at Hwamgaarl ( via one of the pole dancers ) in the run up so they better get rehearsing as the Pan Tangese are NOT an easily pleased audience......but if they pay up front they can throw as many bottles at Das, Kat. SH and the rest as they like!! The last emperor of Byzantium has also requested a private show but unless his chequq clears he's not on. That Highland Park is working nicely, better order some more cases!!!!

Comment

• That bloody emperor has been telt 3 times now his cheques are no good here,
              Dont let him sweet talk ye WW!
              Plenty of HP left in the cellar(along with other dark unknown things that are still lurking there!!)
              Cash and Carry run tomorrow WW so leave your order behind the bar.
              Im on that brown Pochin that Shakey Mo was drinking in here last week.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Just popping in for a sec...

WWS - good to see you back!

Just so ya know, our dear Sparrow has pig flu!! Send some whisky her way - the really good stuff!! As for me, I'll just go over here to the Brooding Corner and... *wrestles Stormbringer away from Elric, and tosses it to Sparrow*

Have at it, girl!! Plenty of Pan Tang pole dancers to go around! They'll heal you right up!

Meanwhile, I'm just sittin' over here, eating chocolate. It's also good for what ails ya!

Have a great day, everyone!

das

Comment

• Dark unknown things in the cellar........Has Das's albino collection escaped and formed a new colony underground.....or is Kat on the viking and Vodka thing again......somebody just found Seaton Beggs' sherry monocle and is trying to sell it to Davina behind the bar...good job the guy isn't wearing it. I think a wild week is coming up!!!!

Comment

• Hey Das,sorry hear about Sparrow bein laid up.
                    Give her my best!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• A nice pint of Wadworth´s 6X, please and whatever you´re having.

Comment

• Comin right up Pietro!
                        Wadsworths eh...
                        Count me in!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Sorry as well to hear about SH, hope she recovers quick ( we need the cash!!! ) ( for the charity obviously!!!! ). We are now running out of Jerez sherry since Seaton Begg quaffed the whole lot on the gantry and his monocle went into overdrive, the Purple Towns Fumigators have started wearing monocles as well, looks like it's catching on. NO KAT You can't start selling them, TF and I got in there first....you owe us 10 silver Melniboneans for your monocle!!!

TF, send a large 30 year old Glenmorangie ( Sauternes wood finish ) to Sparrowhawk, it might cure her or she'll ask for more, then we can make her pay!! Er, I mean donate to the charity, if she wants!!! I see Elric is still limping after the beer goggles incident with Kat.......I'll have his large drambuie, he doesn't look too well!!!

Comment

• Its on its way WW,along with that special edition 25yo Loch Linnhe that has been stashed in the cellar.
                            Only the best for the best regulars i say!!
                            Im joining yer good self on the Drambouie!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Not sure if it was the Scotch or Stormbringer but I'm feeling a lot better now! The old "hamthrax" was pretty nasty but I should be fit and ready for action with The Deep Thick by the weekend, so the charity coffers won't run dry before the holidays. Thanks for the get well wishes, everyone!

um, das, do you think you could sneak the sword back to Elric before he sobers up? You were right about those pole dancers ... think TF and WW will notice that a couple are missing?

Hey, WW! It's good to have you back ... even if you did make snide comments about my brownies; don't knock the Bushmills and brownies until you've tried 'em!

And Seaton Begg - well, I was just pumpin' him for information about Zenith.

And now, it's time for me to tuck myself in with a dram of that Glenmorangie that TF and WW so kindly sent over. Thanks, gents!

By the way TF, what is Loch Linnhe? I found it listed as a town, but not a Scotch...
                              Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 11-09-2009, 05:41 PM.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Hey Sparrow!
                                Good to see you well again!
                                Loch Linnhe is for my money one of the most beautiful lochs in Scotland.
                                At one end you have the town of Fort William which is where that fine malt is made.
                                Never heard of a town called Loch Linnhe but it may be one of the wee villages further down.
                                Oh and feel free to help yourself to the pole dancers,theyre great fun but they dont half eat into the tak...er....donations!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X