Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers for that Das,i've only been to New Jersey once,and that was when i stayed with my twin brother in Manhattan for a while and we went to see The Eagles in a basketball stadium which i cant remember the name of but it was very close to Giants stadium.
    We had a wee drive about before the gig and it reminded me of a bigger version of Ayrshire in Scotland.
    Bushmills and brownies sounds great SH,in fact i think i'll indulge in some right now!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I will bake you up a fresh batch of brownies, TF - I am afraid that there are not many left...

Hey, das! What did you have to eat at your Winery luncheon - I need a little vicarious dining out.

And Ronald - I hope you had a great birthday. Did you do anything special?

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• At our luncheon, we had a pasta dish, then salad, followed by the main course - filet mignon (with mushrooms and onions), asparagus wrapped in a thin slice of carrot (a Japanese flair), and scalloped potatoes that were really delish! There was a dessert bar, with cannoli, chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, carrot cake...and a buncha other stuff.

OH! And a really GOOD 'punch' - warm, made with apple juice (could use cider instead), and a sweet strawberry wine (any sweet fruit wine would be good, I suppose). Warmed in a crock, with cinnamon sticks, and sliced apple and oranges. I had three cups!

And peed, a LOT!

Was that TMI??

Mr. Das had to work tonight, so I went over to the hotel for lunch, sat in front of the real fire in the lounge (as opposed to gas), and had a wonderful Zin, and French onion soup. Very relaxing! I started reading Revenge of the Rose, and a lady by the fire asked what I was reading (she was there with her daughter, and her daughter's friend - the lady was about our age).Sooo...

I told them ALL about Elric! And Mike! And then - of course - I had to tell them about Zenith - the entire history of Zenith's influence on Elric, and Elric's (and Mike's writing) influence on everything from modern fantasy, to role-playing games, to music, to video games. They were impressed.

das

Comment

• Away to have a nice wee Glenlivet for a nightcap!
          Slainthe!!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
            And Ronald - I hope you had a great birthday. Did you do anything special?
            Had a little shindig.....

Quisnam gero brevis brevis

Comment

• Looks like a good time being had there RP!
              Happy Birthday btw!!

I'll have a couple of Balvenies in yer honour

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Cheers TF, Got a bottle of Ardbeg and a bottle of Jura in with me birthday swag too. Consumed quite a few different single malts on the night time too.

Quisnam gero brevis brevis

Comment

• Nice!!
                  Isle of Jura is one of my favourites and,well,Ardbeg you cant go wrong with!
                  Enjoy!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• The astral overalls malfunctioned again and landed me outside of Rochester, NY, circa 2003! Fortunately, I was able to patch the busted seam to get back to the Inn, but given my point of departure, all I could schlep was half a bottle of B&G garlic pickles and a six-pack of "Genny Light (Light Beer Never Tasted So Real)". I've gotta fix these flying britches, pronto.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the overall malfunction, Guzzlecrank. Glad you made it back safe and sound. Better reinforce those seams before you go out again or you might lose something important out there in the ether.

Garlic pickles and light beer? Hmmmm. The garlic pickles are tempting, but I think I stick with the Bushmill's and brownies for tonight. Not much on light beers, but the garlic pickles would be just the thing with a nice German Weiss beer - maybe for lunch tomorrow. I'll trade ya a fresh-baked brownie for one of those pickles....

@Ronald: It looks like you had a great time. Great picture! Thanks for sharing it with us.

@das: Nice luncheon. And good job spreading the good word. Maybe you gained a couple new converts!

I'm still trying to get my daughter to start reading Elric. We were watching "Heroes" tonight and talking about Hiro's flitting into the past and the Butterfly Effect - she started explaining how she would go into the past and keep varying the future a little at a time and make "recovery points" like in video games so you could jump back there if you really screwed things up. She then postulated a Multiverse theory that sounds a lot like the one MM uses. Great minds.... sometimes she scares me.

I believe I'll have a nightcap and head to bed. A nice glass of port will do nicely.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Sparrow - I posted your name meaning at Joe's - just not sure it's approved yet.

Guzzlecrank - Pass the garlic pickles! They sound delish!

Ronald - Love it! You both look great! Thanks for sharing!

TF - I still can't find Ardbeg locally...

So send me a bottle!

Not much happening tonight...had a little wine, and fixed Mr. Das up with a hot tottie...he's got a frog in his throat (*ribbit!*).

das

Comment

• No problem Das!
                          Just send me the co-ordinates and i'll have it over there in the shake of a lambs tail unless my seams pack up like Guzzlecranks!
                          New stock in the Inn tomorrow so we might as well help SH finish off the Port!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I was just settled in and nice 'n' cozy here by the fire with my Port and you're gonna make me trek over to Joe's? *grumble, grumble, grumble*

My daughter's coughin' up a lung. I hope it's not the dread flu. I'm keeping her home from school today. And I think I'll need to have a dram of whiskey tonight after work - for medicinal purposes of course!

Comment

• Speaking of medicinal purposes,i think i'll crack open a bottle of Dalwhinnie!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Always nice to have a quiet night in the old establishment.
                                Gives me an opportunity to explore the cellar.
                                Whats that gathering dust in the corner?
                                Why its a bottle of Special Edition Antiquary!
                                Dont mind if i do!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X