Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in a similiar boat RP...altho I'm not quite at that half centuary mark

Since I don't consider drinking wine, drinking...here's a merlot to smooth the passage onwards

Comment

• Thats the spirit Kat!
      Speaking of which,im on the Isle of Jura.
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I should have had some of the Talisker before yoga class. Ouch. I'm not as limber as I once was...

I need an handsome young albino to give me a massage now (no, Kat - I do NOT want Vlad to do it - he's not an albino anyway and he'd likely steal my boots while I was all relaxed and such). Whatever happen'd to that nice Italian lad - he had nice strong hands, as I recall... Maybe I'll just have a Talisker while I'm waiting. I'll be in the Karmag Suite now that it's been cleaned up - just send him down when you find him.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• I found that Italian lad for you SH,he was in the basement guarding the stage props for some reason!!
          A bottle of Skyes finest coming right up.
          Think i'll join ye.
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Thanks for finding him, TF! I would never have thought to look in the basement. White probably hid him away down there; he's very protective of the albinos on the staff.

*All right, there's a sore spot on my back just by the right shoulder... yes, that's it.... a little more pressure would be good....

And now for a dram of Taliskers. Ahh, much better now. I think I have the strength to make through Friday and be ready for Uriah Heep and Ron's very important birthday. Cheers, TF!

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• You are very welcome SH!
              Im warming up with some Glengarry special label!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Hey SH! Think I could borrow the lad when you're done with him? I've got this spot...here...and...here....and....

Comment

• Sure! No problem, Kat. Just mind your boots so Vlad doesn't run off with them again while you're, um, preoccupied with the massage. Antonio can be very distracting...

I'll just chase away these blasted flamingos and send Antonio over.

Hey, TF! Did you stock anything special to celebrate Ronald's half-century birthday?
                  Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 10-31-2009, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• I certainly did and its on the optic as we speak.
                    The 25yo Bruinladdich special label no less.
                    So tuck in,i certainly am!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Today I went here:

http://www.renaultwinery.com/tuscany.asp

...for a luncheon, followed by a tour of the winery, and a wine tasting. I procured 3 fine bottles - two bottles of burgundy (it was surprisingly good - and cheap!), and a bottle of their premium Merlot. Anyone wanna taste??!

'Twas a lovely day! *hic*

das

Comment

• Looks great Das!
                        Sure,line em up!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I think you're following me...

And what'll it be? Burgundy - or Merlot? Oh, heck...just have 'em both!

das

Comment

• Oh,youre right Das,i cant choose,both it is then!
                            Hey Egg Harbour City-cool name or what!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                              Oh,youre right Das,i cant choose,both it is then!
                              Hey Egg Harbour City-cool name or what!!
                              Supposedly it (Egg Harbor) was given its name by Dutch explorer, Cornelius Jacobson Mey. In 1614 when he came to the area, he found that there were so many eggs/nesting areas for all the shore birds and waterfowl that he called it "Eyren Haven" or Egg Harbor.

New Jersey is a major part of the Atlantic flyway - we get a lot of birds through here, and lots of birders, too. Development hasn't totally wiped out our fine feathered friends, thank goodness!

das

Comment

• Oh, that looks really nice! Sounds like you had a delightful day. I'm glad you ended your vacation week on a good note.

Which wines did you get to taste? I'll have a sip of that burgundy, if you don't mind. Actually I just finished a little tulip glass of Bushmill's Single Malt and water with a hot fresh chocolate brownie. Possibly sacrilege to mix the two, but really tasty!

Comment

Working...
                                X