Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Ronald, you do have a point there. There was hell to pay after that last incident with das and that Pan Tang pole dancer. And TF and White seem quite attached to those Ziva clones... I s'pose I'd best get Stormbringer back to Elric before he finishes his nap. The blasted thing has been howling like a banshee since I, uh, borrowed it anyway.

Welcome to the Inn, Mr. Persson! White Wolf's Son is buying the next round so place your orders everyone. It is still early here, so I'll have a Kahlua and coffee, please.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Pull up a chair and stay a while! Drinks are on Kat!
      Clumsy drinker is she?
      I could do with an Ilmorian Ale right now....
      Last edited by Ronald Persson; 10-16-2009, 08:14 AM.

Quisnam gero brevis brevis

Comment

• Ronald, Welcome to the illustrious Moorcock Inn, just beware of those three glaykit bamsticks Das, SH and Kat, they've been on a real bender since TF has gone for a bit. We managed to wake Kat up from the Thousand Year Dream Beauty Sleep ( It didn't work, she still has the horned helmet as well ) and Das is still adding to her Albino collection, so watch out for the mantraps in the Cornelius suite. The new band, Purple Towns Fumigators, did a full house last night, the takings for TF and I.....er for the charity bottle were overflowing, the Ziva doppelgangers were magnificent so if Das CAN JUST STOP KILLING THEM, things are looking up! I'll send over the Ilmioran ale with Davina, the Barmaid/Man!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Good to see there are fellow Minstrals around. Have performed in a few of the less select venues herabouts in my time. Still known to take the stage with my heritical eight stringed device from time to time.
          "By Davina's beard! thats a good ale!"
          Last edited by Ronald Persson; 10-16-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Ron, Davina has ordered more Ilmioran ale in, apparently you cleared the whole stock out but no problem.

The Deep Thick......how many times do we have to tell you, Davina's Police Call Box is NOT the ladies bathroom/restroom, although Davina does say she has collected about 50 Melnibonean silver coins. The cleaners are not too happy though.

The Ziva doppelgangers caused a real stir last night, appearing on stage in the bikinis, the Granbretanians and the Kamargians rioted trying to get to the stage, luckily the Imryyrian stewards calmed everything down without slaying too many. Think we might stick to Kat and the Bar Dancing as nobody really takes any notice until she starts the knife throwing.........TF and I can take care of the Zivas......

Anyway, the Whyte and MacKays ( it's only a blend, SH, step back!!! ) is open as I'm starting early!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

• I'de love to join you with a W&Mc but I'm on pain killers and anti-biotics. Managed to stab myself in the toe with the Sword of the Dawn. Certain amount of glee in the lower echelons of the forces of Law.

Comment

• Ron...and what's wrong with mixin' pain meds and alcohol....? Usually, the damage isn't too permanent

...although you may find yourself in wierd locations and in different attire

White, I'll get back there on one condition...I want some of that Parisian absinthe. My Bohemian ran out and I've got none left

If you moved the police box, we wouldnt be using it as a restroom...besides, it's be a brillant excuse to visit David T. He's such a cutie

Comment

• Something does have to be done about that police box. The last time I used it, it smelled like feet. Worse, I stepped out into a marsh outside of Crete and ended up losing my snowboots in a crap shoot with a Cyclops who was loading the dice, I think. I wasn't going to call him on it.

Comment

• Guzzlecrank, it WAS feet, Kat changes in there. We use Kat's feet if we can't get the patrons out at closing time, last night Vlad stole her boots ( again ), the atomic feet were unleashed and a whole team of Pukawachee were trampled to death in the rush for the door.....and it wasn't even closing time. The Pan Tang pole dancers were quite safe, I took care of them personally......Kat, the vat of absinthe has been refilled so that should maybe last you a day or two, we'll keep the order ongoing! Boots on, back up on the bar and leave the knife throwing until Asrovak Mikosevaar arrives, he deserves it anyway. Time for an early afternoon Swedish Pear Cider!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guzzlecrank View Post
                      Something does have to be done about that police box. The last time I used it, it smelled like feet. Worse, I stepped out into a marsh outside of Crete and ended up losing my snowboots in a crap shoot with a Cyclops who was loading the dice, I think. I wasn't going to call him on it.
                      See? this is why I always travel by the Ring of Mygan....I Never had to sluice my ring out because of the smell!
                      Last edited by Ronald Persson; 10-18-2009, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Just cleaned up the Tardis there Guzzlecrank so its all charged,cleaned,sitting in the Cornelius lounge ready to go!
                        Getting helped back to health by a few specially programmed Zivas!
                        Das has a special license to kill any dopplegangers she likes so best keep them on standby as she tends to see killing them as unsportswomanlike!
                        And who let Davina order the drinks,you know what nearly happened last time when Kat never got her Absinthe!!
                        Im on the Old Tobermory special edition tonight!
                        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Makers mark red label is this weeks tipple for me, though as the breath of the Fhoi Myore draws near I may find myself gravitating towards a a Bowmore or even the Talisker to keep out the probing fingers of the icy ones.

Comment

• Nice choices of tipple there Ronald!
                            We have the special edition 18yo Bowmore behind the bar so i'll just line them up now!
                            With a pint of Red MacGregor to smooth the way of course!!
                            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Hey now Thing, it's great to see you back, and not just because of the stable sweep, which is much appreciated! I left a tip for the Zivas behind the bar, but tell them that after they get the wrapping off, they need to turn the ochre switch to the left left not to the right, unless they already have their diving gear on when they throw it.

Comment

• Thingfish, Thank Arioch you're back!!! The girls have been going mental. Kat lost the plot completely after a guy in a fox suit told her she couldn't bar dance properly, she did the knife throwing act again ( it's ok, the body's been disposed of ). She left in a right temper and at the moment she is pillaging and burning down Queensland. We REALLY need to get that Viking suit off her. Das and Sparrowhawk teamed up together and have a collection of 100 Albino's chained in Brooding Corner, including Seaton Begg. The wailing is putting the Granbretanians off from buying beer, so we'll have to sort that out. They've emptied the gantry three times, trashed the Cornelius Suite and still use Davina's Police Call Box as the ladies toilet. Think we're going to have another trial, this time with a proper pre paid Judge!!

The MacAllans open....no Sparrowhawk you can't have any, the Multiverse Injunction says you cant......remember the bloodshed last time!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X