Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'ze in luck lady. I've still got a dozen left

Comment

• Seeing as its the day of rest after the weekends cantankery i'll stay on the Islay malts with some Laphraiog!!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• ....sounds like a good idea

coffee for me today...I'm meant to be working

....altho, I may join you in an absinthe later tonight

Comment

• Things are a bit quiet in the Inn tonight, TF goes into hospital tomorrow so everyone is moping over a drink. Here's hoping he does ok. On the other hand, I know he wouldn't be happyif we didn't dish out some banter, so can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop Das from laying the mantraps in the Cornelius suite? Hawkmoon nearly lost a leg tonight and forty of the Pukawatchee will never father any children now. The Tangled Woman is in a right sairfecht! as well, we can't get the trap off her head. Das...teh albinos are onto your mantraps now, all you'll capture now are some more mad Pukawatchee!!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• No room for moping where stout yeomanry is involved WW!!
            About those Mantraps,i blame those damn Beesleys
            Cheers!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Das, SH, Kat....Just because TF isn't here tonight to keep you three in line doesn't meant you have free reign to totally empty the gantry.....when he returns you are really in for it, you could at least have left some Japanese kid on whisky....we've had to have an emergency trip to the cash and carry ( it's coming out of your wages!!! ). Das, again...the mantraps....we don't have sufficient deniability...er liability insurance...why not try some superglue and a nice white wine??? It's going to be a long night!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• vittles...that's what it was...yeh...vittles...

Since TF's taken hiatus, I don't see why we can't run amok a little. We work hard and the liquor just isn't flowing fast enough.

Maybe we need to pull the albinos out to liven the place up...Das...where are ya' girl?

Comment

• Heya, all.

Sorry I'm not about much...I think I'm suffering from information overload. Just too much stuff to read and do lately, and it kinda sorta kills my creativity.

BUT I did start reading Elric again, and already I feel a need to hug him...poor, pale thing that he is. A few more pages, and I might even feel a strong urge to give him a back rub...maybe a foot massage, too.

Tonight I drink Dry Creek Heritage Zinfandel 2006 (the red kind, not the 'white' kind). Mmmm! It's lovely! Having a bit of Dagoba Xocolatl chocolate with it - that's 74% cacao chocolate infused with hot chili peppers - delicious!

das

Comment

• As posted in The Thingfish Thread, when he gets out of hospital, there will be a massive party at The Moorcock Inn. The Deep Thick in concert playing their new single..' Last night a Deirdre saved my life ' . The only thing is we need to wake up Kat, she decided to go for a Thousand Year Dream ( somebody told her she needed the beauty sleep ) and we need her back on stage when TF comes out. ( I KNOW I'll really suffer for that one!!! ). That's me running again..........with the case of Ilmioran Port...don't wake her until I reach Tanelorn, please!!!!

Comment

• Geez - I didn't know about thing. Hope all is well!

I know I haven't been too much fun lately - maybe I spent too much time in the Brooding Corner. I must find my muse again.

das

Comment

• We've been trying to wake her up from the Thousand Year Dream but it looks like she's having too much fun, she's raving on about Vikings and pillaging, even the aroma of fresh absinthe and a bit of blood won't bring her round. Maybe it's the beauty sleep. As soon as TF is back, we just might replace you with the Purple Towns Fumigators, the Ziva doppelgangers have reformed and promise to behave this time......I've got the litre of Cristal and the ditch ready for the lead singer.....as long as I keep out of Kats' way when she wakes up!!! Sparrowhawk....no....put Stormbringer down, Elric's only dozing in Brooding Corner....you'll take somebody's eye out with that

Comment

• hard to sleep with you yappin' yer gums White..

To be in the ole days where pillaging meant you could dance naked 'round some stranger's square and then steal their men and assorted dodads

Now hush...you can leave the bottles of absinthhe there. I know a good home for them

Comment

• Replace the band? Such talk might lead to more unfortunate "accidents", WW.

How 'bout if I take Stormbringer outside and practice with it there? Kat's got her knives, so I thought I'd take up something sharp and pointy and shiney too! A girl needs a hobby to keep her occupied between performances. I'll just take the sword and a bottle of that Ilmioran Port and tiptoe out quietly so as not to wake Elric....
                            Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 10-16-2009, 04:39 AM.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• In my experience alcohol and Swordswinging seldom make for a happy ending...
                              I mean its all fun and games till someone looses a soul!

Quisnam gero brevis brevis

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronald Persson View Post
                                In my experience alcohol and Swordswinging seldom make for a happy ending...
                                I mean its all fun and games till someone looses a soul!
                                Hey! It was ONLY a Pan Tang pole dancer! They're a dime a dozen! And invigorating!

Besides, I was in a mood. Probably from hanging out with Elric too much in the Brooding Corner...

Welcome to the Inn! Pull up a chair and stay a while! Drinks are on Kat!

das

Comment

Working...
                                X