Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're getting wine from the Barossa valley that we don't even get in Qld

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy View Post
      You're getting wine from the Barossa valley that we don't even get in Qld
      Kat, That's be cause they know you are there in Qlnd, like the Australian SAS, who detour around when they know you are awake!!! ( Running now before the knives come out of the scabbard!!! ).

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Ach tha mi ag iarraidh uisge beatha Mhor, mas e ur toil e.

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
          Ach tha mi ag iarraidh uisge beatha Mhor, mas e ur toil e.
          Can you translate? My Gaelic is rusty. Okay, I admit it, my Gaelic is non-existent.

Kat, it doesn't seem quite fair that they're shipping wines to the US that they don't sell locally. One wonders who made that marketing decision...

@das: Am I disappointed about not having the Olympics here in Chicago?

And this afternoon, I'm goin' shopping for a new single malt. I fear the selection in my area will not be as broad and deep as those here at the Moorcock Inn.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Seeing as the band is kicking tonight,im settling back with a large bottle of blue Aftershock!!
            Shiver me timbers!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• All right, since the band between sets right now and I have a minute free, I have a question I would like to ask: which Islay single malt should I buy? My local Sam's Liquors surprised me by having and impressive selection - including Ardbeg. I was overwhelmed and couldn't decide, so I'm looking for suggestions from the more experienced tipplers in the group - that would be you TF and WW! And anyone else who wants to weigh in on this.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• SH-You cant go far wrong as far as The Islays go with the Ardbeg.
                Personally i like The Laphroaig with its heavier peatiness but if your local shop sells Ardbeg fill yer boots!!
                Oops,wait a minute,i almost forgot, the Mohammed Ali of single malts is an Islay and thats The Bowmore.
                If you can find a bottle of that it doesnt get any better i think.
                The Lagavulin is another one i would seek out,its more peaty like The Laphroaig

That will keep that singing voice pristine!
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestions! They did have Bowmore as well. das, I know you have mentioned Laphroaig - have you tried any others?

Comment

• SH, I prefer the Speyside malts, especially my favourite, Glenmorangie ( The Big Glen of Tran Tranquility ). On occasion I like the REALLY peaty malts, especially as Tf says...the Bowmore...if you can get the 21 year old in the light blue box, it is the Elric of eternal Champions, so smokey and peaty you only need a small dram to enjoy it!! As for the Gaelic, it translates as a very useful sentence if you are ever in the Outer Hebrides....' Ah, but I want a large whisky, please!!! '. My Great Grandfather couldn't speak the language of the Englishman, although I've never been fluent!! Enough to have a fair dram in the Tarbet Hotel in Harris!!!!

I hear you lot are thinking of revolting ( the last audienced sai it all!! ) but if you are thinking of branching out into your spin off girl group..BUBBA... we want a percentage of the royalties, especially after Kat did her solo version of ' Viking Queen, Young and sweet, only seventeen '....the gantry was destroyed by the Imryrrians bottle throwing, then she did her knife throwing act and done in the lot. Our revenues...er donations went down 10% so we need to money.

Comment

• Never mind WW,we'll get double takings from the speed dating this week!!
                      Im having a double Glenmorangie with a Wee Fowlers Heavy chaser stout yeoman!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Yer makin' my head spin! Too many choices - I may need to have a dram here at the Inn and mull this over a bit more before I take the plunge and start stocking my own bar. To peat or not to peat - that is the question... But for now I'll try a Glenmorangie, too!

Whyever would you think that we were goin' out on our own, WW?
                        While I can't deny that we cut a demo disc of "I Wish They All Could Be Imrryian Girls" last week, we're perfectly happy performing here at the Inn... as long as the supply of Port, Single Malt Scotch, Vikings, Albinos, Granbretanians, Pan Tangers and other essentials hold out!

Comment

• Typical!
                          I dont know,you give an act a chance and the next thing you know they are asking for bigger riders or running off to the local cowboy record company!!
                          Never mind WW,we'll find another band to expl..er give a chance to!!
                          Tonight its the Creto-Bulgarian munch dancers so dont leave your jacket lying around!!
                          And im on the Tequila

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Sparrow - try the Ardbeg! I would love to, if I can find it. Personally I love the peaty Laphroaig, but some folks find it a bit too medicinal. I love it, however, and have trouble enjoying other single malts now that I've been spoiled!

And thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Olympics. I don't like the games, so it really doesn't matter much to me, other than it may have been good for the economy. My biggest concern is with the Games in Rio, all those homeless kids that country is so noted for might get 'disappeared'.

Lewis is on tonight! Can't wait - I need a Hathaway fix!!

das

Comment

• Whisky drinkers...bah...

TF: if they appreciated my act properly and kept their grubby paws to 'emselves, I woulda needed to show my displeasure

Gonna run off with a nice cabernet merlot tonight where's the wheelbarrow?!

Comment

• [QUOTE

Gonna run off with a nice cabernet merlot tonight where's the wheelbarrow?![/QUOTE]

Kat, would that be the Cabernet Merlot with the glaucoma? I warned him about you lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X