Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahem, TF, we were supposed to be keeping that quiet, the girls would be raging if they found out we had hired 6 Ziva doppelgangers in blue dresses to stand in for them! They're doing quite good, we might keep them if the girls don't murder them first....and please please please keep Das away from the Pan Tang Pole Dancers, they're threatening to strike if she kills another one!

Just hope Kat doesn't find out Hawkgale are now on the bar dancing and singing to a full house, the guys are throwing money at them ( it's ok , because they're on a short term contract we get to keep the proceeds...er charitable donations )....and NO, she can't have one of the dresses!!! Has the order for the Antiquary arrived yet, I could fair go a half! Boaby's Dangerous Pies are selling fast, we will maybe need to reorder....get the oven TF!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Ziva's a hottie...all the better to keep the guys loaded while we steal...*coughs* subtly procure their funds.

White, one day I'm gonna chase you round the bar and give you a noggie you wont soon forget! *slips on gauntlet...knuckles creaking*

TF, dont encourage him. It'll only give Das and SH incentive to get creative

On second thought, maybe you should...

Comment

• Wot? Is it morning already?

Sure was nice to have a weekend off - and I managed to find a nice out-of-the-way room that no one was using with a comfy chair and a nice fireplace and plenty of wood and a case of port and a nice-looking albino ... yes, all in all a very relaxing weekend. Now - to the bar to see if TF has a fresh pot of coffee to start the day .

But who are those girls in the skanky blue dresses and why do they all look alike? There's something funny going on around here and I'm not going to rest until I get to the bottom of it!
        Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 09-28-2009, 06:09 AM.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• That new batch of Antiquary must be really good as the thought of Dave Brock in a blue dress is pretty unsettling!
          Nah Kat im too old for any of that battle of the sexes lark,i just like to leave that to the youngsters and keep an eye on the takings and stock!!
          Speaking of which i think i'll roll out the new special edition Laphraoig and pick my spot on the rug!!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Kat, What's a noggie? Is it one of your pseudo viking tortures?

TF, Kat says she has to quit the Deep Thick as it's interfering with her drinking and making her voice husky.....thought the huskiness would make a difference from the squeak when she takes the mike!! ( Uh oh.... ). Have to do something to persuade her to stay, we'd miss the violence ( and the bar dancing in THAT dress!! ).

Hawkgale are doing great, I have an appointment with one of them and the wheelbarrow with three bottles of Sauternes and a cosy campfire in the ditch at the end of tonight's proceedings.....that is if Das and SH don't murder them first. The Pan Tang Pole Dancers are doing ok but why oh why did we hire the one with only one leg? She can fair hop round that pole, though!!!

SH, Leave the dresses alone, they are NOT skanky and it keeps the Troogs and the Granbretanians calm!!!! Time for the Sauternes to go into the cooler, I'll have that bottle of Antiquary while I'm waiting.

Do we have to start a campaign to persuade Kat to stay or do we let her think she's a Viking for ever?? The band would never be the same!!!

Comment

• Its ok WW,the DT have been rehearing in the basement with Kat on board and they are sounding as ticht as a ducks hoop!!
              Good to see you are enjoying The Antiquary because i just got jet packs installed on the wheelbarrow!
              Im still on the Islays!
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Getting through the day with the remnants of my Isle of Jura bottle!
                Arrrrrrrr!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• A noogies is when you get someone in a headlock and vigourously rub the top of their sculp until the victim yelps

Only part time TF. Can't have it interferrin' with me performing act. It's hard to sing and throw knives

but...I'ze gonna be good and do some work today. Leave me the bottle barkeep!

Comment

• You can always tell a good singer by their knife throwing abilities Kat!
                    In fact it should be made compulsory to do both at the same time!
                    Im settling down now to some Tequila!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Singing and knife-throwing at the same time?
                      Lucky for me I'm just the keyboard player - no multitasking required!

TF: Tequila - the song or the drink? Or both???
                      Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 09-29-2009, 08:01 PM.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Aha SH,i had forgotten about the song!
                        Cool i'll have both!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I know...I've been a slacker. Sorry. Just really...I dunno...bored with the internet? Bored with tv...AND the internet. Bored with life. I think Elric is rubbing off on me...I'm getting all mopey and dull and need something to ease this ennui...

Any ideas?

das

Comment

• You need a vacation! Or at least a weekend away from all your cares. You've been sick and overworked and stressed and a change of scene would do you a world of good. Drive someplace where you can tromp through the hills and glory in the wonder of nature. Or if you are sick to death of nature - head out to a museum or gallery or shop that you've never been to before. Something to restore the balance.

Or hop a train and come visit me - the spare room is available!

On a totally different note - I dreamed about the Moorcock Inn last night (without the pole dancers). And they were having a single malt Scotch tasting! Must be because I've been puzzling over which single malt Scotch to buy. So line 'em up, TF. In alphabetical order, if you please.

Comment

• SH, start off with the Ardbeg , TF and I will guide you through the rest!!! Kat....a noggie....I'm real disappointed to hear it contains violence ( well, I REALLY shouldn't be surprised !!! )....thought it was something a bit mad anyway!! If you go part time you only get paid ( eventually!!! ) part time as well and no royalties!!!!

Das, cheer up, what more could you want? A warm fireside at the Inn, 30 yearold Glenmorangie, watching TF and me drooling over Hawkgale and the Pan Tang Pole Dancers.....Kat chasing Vlad around the bar trying to get her left boot back ( The one legged Pole Dancer stole the other one....don't like to think about the bloodehed to follow !!)

Line them up TF, give Das one of your famous Boaby's Dangerous Pies, it's going to be a goo dnight!!

Comment

• Das: could be the weather...or hormones. Who knows anymore ...the world's so up at the best of times, it could be the simple fact ya' neighbour's a nob...(I don't know your neighbour so if they be nice, maybe the shop down thee road is full of apathic people). Empathy is a b..ch.

You and your royalties! Pox on ye both. I want full wages with tip and that goes fer the two lovely ladies as well (I'd say lasses but it always reminds me of Lassie, the collie ) *coughs* or I'll slice yer gizzards out

TF...hehehehehe....there be joys practising with pointy things....not sure it'd be safe doin' both at once. One jeer and there'd be another body laid out to the multiverse fertilizer company

Comment

Working...
                                X