Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we're talking brooding, can anyone top Angel? Former sidekick of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? That guy has brooding down to a fine art!

So drink of the day? Pint of AB Negative....

Comment

• Yeah, that man could brood with the best of them!

But he was dark and broody as opposed to Elric (and Hathaway's) pale and brood. His existence must have been decreed by The Balance!

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Another fine lad I wouldnt kick outta bed for fartin'

TF, if it does, consider me legless as well. Seems they dont work so good either

Das...my week has been...interesting...? That old cabinet I wanted to restore, is gonna be a major pain in the ass to do. My jigsaw hates me (its blade told me so) and all the bits n pieces my physio is kind enough to cram back into place every fortnight, is now in unappropriate places! LOL

My WIP is shite and I wanna do a death rite on it...other than that, everything's great

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your troubles, Kat! I hope things start coming together for you.

What we need are some good drinking songs ! I'll start:

"There was a wild Elwherian boy, and Moonglum was his name..."

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Kat,just bring the cabinet along to the bar,one of the patrons just happens to be a carpenter who restores old furniture for a living(me!)
            No really!
            Cant heal yer aching limbs and i wouldnt dream of cutting one in your bed(well not before opening the windows anyway!)but i can mix you an absinthe surprise and once again feeling your head and legs will be a distant memory!
            Is that you getting rowdy again SH??
            Good!!
            I'd say he was at least a ten pinter Das!!
            But im with Allen on todays special.
            A tipple for the discerning palate.
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF...you be a man after me own heart...just promise you wont drink tequila or whisky 'fore bed and I'll leave ya' a warm spot

*coughs* I'll drag it up next time...both pieces of it. It use to be a tallboy but now it's a side cabinet with a detached stand . Never realised how much a pain in da butt it was to re-brace a frame, 'specially since this is pine, hasn't been touched in ages. It's sooooo dry...add to that the sanding I've yet to do, oil putty (gawd, I hate that s#$%!) and other bits...

I'll take that absinthe surprise with a jello shooter...

SH...I'll have to hum the words. Prod TF, he may be able to warble out a tune or two with ya' ;)
              Last edited by Katy; 09-12-2009, 08:04 PM. Reason: errrrr....

Comment

• TF, sorry but the audition has failed, you're even worse than Kat, so stick to the management side of the scam......er charity. At least the Pan Tang pole dancers will be happy now Kat's leaving the pole alone ( Vlad will NOT be happy!! ). We better get the girls back on stage, Kat's writing the lyrics for their next blockbuster
                to be released shortly. That small fat guy called Ulric J'onn is back at the door again, SH is on her way to sort him out............. Oh, that looked painful, guess he won't be walking for while!

Das is still wandering about muttering ; The horror, the horror ', she must still be lost after the cider escapade with the Gov.

We missed some of the sequence, TF, so here's a large Balvennie on ice. Cheers!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• White, that has no rhyme at all

If you wanna scare the crowds, it's gotta be something a tad more exciting than a carousel tune!

Nope...I can't think of one right now. I havent had my daily token of absinthe *tapping bar top* anything I come up with now would end up being R rated

Comment

• Cant believe i missed The Balvenie WW!!
                    I'll be tempted with a double!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• One large double on the way, TF!! Kat.......get off the bar, they're playing Bach to keep the Granbretanians calm so you can't dance.....er try to dance to that.

Comment

• yeh...me in my dress, just dancin' up a storm ...

Hit me with a red tonight...merlot 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy View Post
                          only half a bottle to go
                          Being hit with a half-bottle of Merlot would still hurt, Kat!

Comment

• LOL...

I never got to finish the bottle.
                            Got sidetracked by some poetry...of all things

Comment

• Yeah the poetry can be quite colourful around these parts.
                              Im having a hair of the dog in the form of a pint of 80 shilling and 3 rapid tequila shots!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• [

Kat, there's enough bottles thrown about in here when TF goes on a bender ( again ) and Sparrowhawk decides one of the Pan Tang Mountain Bikers is too cheeky. We do have a problem....Das was at the slot machine again with the forged Ceshian coins, I think we'll have to put her on trial in the Imryyr Torture suite, if she keeps this up it could affect the pensions for TF and I......ahem, the donations to the Save Our Stormbringer Chaotic Defence Fund For Albino Sorcerers. We'll have to catch Das first though, she's pretty fast on the Moonbeam Roads, especially after I have this bottle of Drambuie and two halfs of Aberlour ( TF we missed that one as well so I 've sent a large one over. ) The Trial Of Das should begin shortly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X