Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *motions for another Bailey's 'fore staggerin' t'ward a quiet little hole in da wall*

Comment

• Know the feelin' Kat,i think my eyes have been sewn together!!
      A wee nightcaps in order i think-

Pint of Old Peculiar and a double Glayva should do the job!!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Last night, after a heavy dinner...I had myself a wee bit o' digestif (a.k.a. Jنgermeister)...

Then I falled asleep.

However, before I did, I finished up Black Petals, so excuse me now while I go over here ------> *points to the brooding corner* ...and comfort Elric. He's in quite a state since his misadventure, and I'm afeared that if he keeps pouting the way he is, his face will freeze like that and he'll forever look like

And we just can't have that!

das

Comment

• Oh, do we have an official brooding corner? Or is that just wherever Elric happens to be at the moment. And I hope his lovely face does not freeze in a perpetual pout; he is quite handsome on those rare occasions when he smiles.

And about Black Petals:

Well, it is off to the day job for me. See ya later!

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Are we going to rehearse Arioch in the UK? Or Multiversally Speaking? How about Tanelorn's Last Stand? Or anything, in fact...

Comment

• Those are all good numbers! Hey Kat and das - do you know the lyrics to any of those? I can fake the keyboard part to just about anything - no one really listens to it anyway...

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• @ Sparrow - yes, we have an official brooding corner. It's like a naughty corner, only with more angst.

And yes...Elric's smile - so rare, so lovely. Perhaps, if we tell him jokes, it will make him smile, even laugh. Here, I'll start...

Das: So, Elric...wanna hear a joke??

Elric:

Das: I'll take that as a yes. So, here goes:

There's a Melnibonéan sitting in a tavern, just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half an hour. Then, a big trouble-making Dharijorian steps next to him, takes the drink from the pale fellow, and just drinks it all down.

The poor Melnibonéan starts crying. The Dharijorian says, "Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand seeing a man crying."

"No, it's not that. This day is the worst of my life. First, I gave up my throne and my ladylove to travel the world and gain knowledge, but all I found was torment and troubles. So I returned to my homeland with a force of men, determined to save both my Empire and my betrothed from the grips of my treacherous cousin. But when I arrive, I find my beloved imprisoned in a sorcerous sleep, and I cannot wake her. Then my evil cousin falls upon me and we do battle, and just as I am gaining the upper hand, he wakens the love of my life and flings her onto the tip of my hell-forged sword, which drinks up her sweet life-stuffs and spitefully feeds it to me. I escape the city with my life and my fleet, but as we fled the dragon masters on their winged mounts swooped down upon us, devouring the fleet with their acid breath. Only through my own treacherous sorcery was I able to save myself, betraying my allies and leaving them to die agonizing deaths upon the burning decks of their doomed ships. It is too much to live with all this guilt and blood on my hands...so when I left my city in ruins I came to this tavern, determined to put an end to my miserable life. But then - just when I decided to go through with it - you show up and drink my cup of poison."

*slaps Elric on the back* HAHAHAHA! Isn't that a riot??!! The guy's such a loser - he can't even die right!!! What a poor sap! LOLOL!

Elric:

Das: Okay...maybe someone else should tell the jokes...

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                And about Black Petals:

Originally posted by AllenBG View Post
                Are we going to rehearse Arioch in the UK? Or Multiversally Speaking? How about Tanelorn's Last Stand? Or anything, in fact...
                How about, Born in the Multiverse? Or, I Left My Heart In The Dreaming City?

das
                Last edited by dasNdanger; 09-09-2009, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy View Post
                  *motions for another Bailey's 'fore staggerin' t'ward a quiet little hole in da wall*

Kat, between you and Sparrowhawk, WILL YOU PLEASE just use the ladies toilet...not the police box, not the hole in the wall ( that's where Meliadus hides when he falls out with Hawkmoon again ) .

Das, the joke was so bad TF and I felt like grabbing the glass ourselves, maybe we should hire Gordon Brown to cheer the place up with his amazing sense of humour....then again the Dharihorians might lynch him.

Time for three litre bottle of improted Cruz Campo, two bottles of Mahou and a small port. Hic. Don't think I'll make the rest of the night! Get the band on stage to keep the clientele happy!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                    Das, the joke was so bad TF and I felt like grabbing the glass ourselves...
                    Das:

Elric:

das

Comment

• Das, don't take it like that, you're still the lead singer in the band, leave the jokes to TF, he comes from Dundee so he has to find something to laugh about! We could maybe have sorted something out for you as a pole dancer but after the trouble we had with Kat, sorry, it's not an option and you know Sparrowhawk would have wanted a shot too, we couldn't afford the liability insurance.( I KNOW I'll suffer for that one!!! ) Have the cleaning demoness sort out the ditch, I'll be on my way later in the new GPS homing wheelbarrow.

Comment

• Erm..thats The Peoples Republic of Dundee to you young man!!
                        Ah,the brooding corner,thats right next to the Laconic corner in The Pyatnitski Lounge if memory serves!!
                        Well,the night is young so i think i'll take a stab at the Courvosier!!
                        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I thought the joke was very funny, but maybe you should save the Melnibonéan jokes for when Elric is not at the Inn - so as not to hurt his delicate feelings.

And is the Laconic corner on the opposite side of the room from the Sardonic Corner?

White, exactly what are you implying with that comment about the pole dancing and your liability insurance...

Not use the Call Box?

Well, if you weren't charging $2 a time to use the ladies room in the Inn Kat and I would not be tempted to use the Call Box. By the way, the Call Box is really rather nice; and it is much roomier inside than it looks on the outside. All those flashing disco lights and buttons and levers. Very interesting indeed:

Comment

• No SH,the Sardonic corner is in the Jerry Cornelius suite!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• if that's the case, I'm gonna take Vlad and barbarian guy off for a few shots...maybe wander down the lonely road, singing christmas carols or sumfin'

Comment

• TF, You're out of the sequence, it was the Cardhu 18 year old next, you'll have to come back to let me catch up but then again maybe the Brandy doesn't count! Then it's the Cardowan 10 year old.....did we do in ALL the Bowmore.....hic! Sparrowhakws' heading toward the pole dancing suite again, better clear the place, especially if Kat joins her.

Comment

Working...
                                X