Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Kat, exactly what are your workin' clothes - is it that dress or something else?

I tracked down some local scrumpy - well, it's made in Michigan not Illinois, but it's still midwestern! J. K.'s Scrumpy - they claim it's the old family recipe that saved the farm during the Great Depression (the one that happened in the 1920s not the one we are having now).

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• SH, I'd be happy in a pair of fur boots and huntsman garb...alas, White keeps wantin' to see me in a that dress for some reason

Comment

• Kat/SH, Will you two get back on stage...during the interval, Das and Elric grabbed the mic and are murdering Melnibonean Rhapsody on the karaoke machine. The Granbretanians are about to riot and the new barmaid TF apparently gave a job to has moved a police call box into the front porch. As for THAT dress, Kat, no.......you don't have to wear it.....please, the last time you did the bar dancing you stepped on the dwarf and gave Klosterheim a nervous fit.

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• And the minging Vikings are barred!!!!

Comment

• awww...but Whiiiiiite...how else am I gonna get tanked on someone else's currency? Viking lads are always so accommdating

n yeh...ok...that incident wasnt entirely my fault. How was I to know they were gonna throw the wee one out after he sqawked? Maybe we could hire a couple to watch over the police box....?

Onwards with the new garb, I'ze says...be a tad warmer than that frock I keep trippin' over

btw...I'd like my wage to increase to a bottle of Bohemian and one Parisian

always did wonder what the twins would be like...

Comment

• White, you are an absolute slavedriver. Can't a girl take a break and chat with the groupies, uh, I mean, fans and have them buy her a drink or two or three without being rudely interrupted and dragged back on stage? Das and Elric were doing a perfectly fine job with Melnibonean Rhapsody it's just the karaoke machine that's off key.

The new girl - the one with the police call box - her name isn't by any chance Rose, is it?

And we didn't really throw the dwarf...

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Ack! Someone help! In Elric's crooning out Melnibonean Rhapsody, he's inadvertently summoned the black rat flea beasties from hell, and they've infested his nether regions! Now's he's scratching places he ought not in proper company, and dancing a jig! Someone make it stop!!

das

Comment

• alcohol and fire have always worked wonders in the past

Comment

• ( Heavy sigh....) We are trying to run a respectable multiversal establishment here that pillars of the literary world, their creations et al can come, enjoy a quiet drink and a philosophical chat. What do we get? Kat on the bar mangling a dwarf, Das and Elric mangling Melnibonean Rhapsody to the tune of of ' who let the barragoons out? ' and Sparrowhawk chasing albinos from Rome all around the newly decorated lounge ( after Kat's gantry incident!! ).
                    Incidentally, Elric is now a contender for the Multiverse Break your neck dance competition, owing to the manic scratching and jumping about he is doing. Here we thought he was only trying to escape the clutches of the demonic Das, she says she is going to put Stormbringer into the naughty cupboard if the sword keeps moaning about the lack of food in the bar. Throw Stormbringer one of the dwarfs, Das, before Kat finishes them all.

The new ' Barmaid ' ( ahem ) is called ' Davina '....don't ask me, TF hired him but we really need to do something about the police call box, Sparrowhawk thought it was the new toilet but now she's in three different dimensions at once and ' Davina ' is not happy about the mess. SH, it's also $2 a time for the new toilet.....( cackles silently ....more cash for TF and I towards the Christmas Bash.....I mean for the needy Miscellaneans!! ).

Ho hum, another great night in the Moorcock Inn, if Mike ever comes in here we will need to do a runner.

Comment

• The Deep Thick have a contest on, Davina the new Barmaid has the whole Inn singing along to ' It's Raining Melniboneans ' really must sort the royalties...err stop that.

The Italian Albino Sparrowhawk kidnapped from Rome is next up, he wants to sing his latest single ' I wanta to breaka free '. Now there are loads of dwarfs queuing up to escape Kat (she's up on the bar again!!! ).

Think we're going to get shut down again.............TF where are you with the BIG threatening guys? ( Don't tell Das, she'll want one!! ) Suffer for that...........

Comment

• Actually, das likes the pale, asthenic ones. It is Kat that goes for the burly fellas. And I only brought the Italian waiter along to pass the time until Zenith gets back into town.

And the incident with the police call box was not really my fault. In the dark, the call-box

looked just like a porta-potty!

Oh, good! They finally got the shipment of port in. I'll just take a glass and head off into a quiet corner for now. Honestly, White, the way you talk about me people will think I do nothing but chase albinos! I'm actually a rather reserved and intellectual individual.
                        Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 09-07-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Hey folks!
                          Just back from the Time Centre getting our place in the multiverse stabilised.
                          Una says she'll be popping in later for toast and schnapps.
                          Hands off WW she's mine!!
                          Glad you like the new barmaid,the audition for the job was VERY thorough!
                          Im having some of that Port thats just in off the lorry!!
                          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• SH, we keep tellin' ourselves that but nobody seems to believe us

Maybe we should revolt and start our own band...keep da profits and toss ole slavedriver up on slage with Davina. I'm sure she'd keep 'im in line.

Onwards albinos and vikings - got some hungry lasses 'ere...and barkeep, keep the fluids comin'

*starts belting out 'dont cry for me Melibone'*

Comment

• All this talk of mutiny has me thinking of drinking somethin' only slightly revolting..

Pint of Buckfast please!!
                              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Okay, guys and gals, or lads and lassies...

I'm bringing in the goddamn band tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3vcEPj65_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4IvcmMBgg&NR=1

Sweaty Scotsmen...gotta love 'em! And for the record, aye...I've been hugged by the very damp, long-locked Jamesie!

das

Comment

Working...
                                X