Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the full house last night, it's back to normal, Elric's back in the corner brooding gloomily because Das is gazing doe eyed at some groupie from Phum with red hair and a bow, Kat is trying to apologise to the bar staff for the gantry episode...( Nuff said!! but the bar dancing bit was a bit much, especially in THAT dress, three elderly Melniboneans will never recover ) , Sparrowhawk has totalled the Port and has started on the cider while AllenBG looks wistfully in the mirror at his beard. TF and I gloat in the back office...I mean have a staff meeting counting the takings....if we can persuade the Deep Thick to release an album we'll be rolling in royalties....I mean charity work....or something....oh pass the litre bottle of Auchentoshan, please barkeep, the revelry starts again in the multiverse. Where's the Pole Dancers? No, Kat , not you, get off the bar!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• *sigh* Yes, I have [temporarily] abandoned Elric for the red-headed groupie, but can you blame me??!

Anyhoo...I'll soon be back at Elric's side...but where's Zenith??!

SPARROW!! What have ye done with the ALBEEEENO??!

das

Comment

• Das, I thought you were more into this....oh, sorry, wrong thread, just watched NCIS in the lounge drooling at Ziva .....again....that Snake Bite was lethal!!!
        Attached Files

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Yes, actually, I was rather interested in sampling the cider. Here in the bleak central US, hard cider is not readily available so I'll have to drink it here at the Inn until I can locate some. So, bartender, pour me a scrumpy - and don't put any lager in it - no Snakebites for me, thanks.

And das, about the "Albeeeeeno" -
          Last edited by Sparrowhawk; 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Ah..so that ones Ziva WW,i thought you meant the hackett goth one!!
            Takings are coming in steady,keep those singing voices nice and fresh ladies-You'll go a long way!!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, the goth one is Abby. And what about the band's cut? Or is it going to pay my bar tab?

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• yeh...I was wonderin' da same fing SH... I guess we could break into feline chorus and scare off the mongrel population comin' in...'specially Vlad ....he still has my boots ...

*coughs* errrrr...now where was I?

*bangs the bar with the heel of my foot* barkeep, where's me darn drink?!

Comment

• SH,its a cool 80% cut for the band and 20% for the cleaners.
                  Cant do fairer than that.
                  The pub is making a fortune from the multiversal advertising,hence all the lovely new drinks available like the special edition Antiquary which i am quaffing as we speak!
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Oooh, an Antiquary? I'll have one of those! Uh, what's in it?

Kat - how'd Vlad get your boots?

Comment

• It all started with White.

White's got this thing, ya' see...the 'barrow n 'im...and I think now, some furred lass from the moonbeam...n Vlad...well...Vlad is...TF? how would one describe Vlad?

Anyways...I got wheeled off to the ditch, third on the left and Vlad, taking offense that I refused to pole dance anymore (limiting myself to the joys of the bar top), followed as I was wheeled off...waited 'til I was dumped unceremoniously inside the ditch, (well n truly unconscious by now)...and stole my machete and boots, figuring that'd keep him safe.

Little did he realise that his passion for da drink saw him passed out in the storage cupboard, found by one of the lovely ladies that visit this fine establishment.

Got my machete back but alas....no boots

Comment

• I found your boots Kat,they were lying beside an unconscious Vlad who is a cross between a russian purge and a viking invasion without the warnings!!
                        Antiquary SH is what distillers call a de-luxe blend which leaves you gibbering in its wake(especially the 21yo!)
                        In fact i think i might have a few more!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm glad Kat's boots turned up - might want to shake them out before you put them on - never know what might have crawled into 'em. Take care not to wake Vlad... sounds like it would be best to let him sleep it off.

Thanks for the explanation, TF. I'll have another Antiquary, if I may. It'll tide me over til they restock the port.

Comment

• What no port??
                            That will have to be sorted soon!
                            Theres a hell of a lot of chocolate wrappers lying around so either it was a REALLY good evening or Bishop Beesley has snuck in again!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                              Theres a hell of a lot of chocolate wrappers lying around so either it was a REALLY good evening or Bishop Beesley has snuck in again!
                              Ahh sorry about that, musta fallen out of my pockets while fishing for change.

Baileys on Ice thanks *places a random assortment of misc currency coins on the bar.*
                              Mutant Ill-Tempered Sea Bass Player

Comment

• ooooo..chocolate

n I'll second that Bailey's on ice

Thanks TF for fiindin' my boots. You know how hard it is to find army boots in my size. They will be similiarily washed, dry cleaned and sterilized

SH...nuffin' worse than wakin' up with your toes blue and coloured green...

Onwards, merry folk...to that hazy, lurching, brightly techni-coloured room that is our world!

...another round barkeep!

Comment

Working...
                                X