Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Ugh...they want me to sing??!
    Why not, they've put a bass-player on lead guitar...

Comment

• And a guitar player on the door!!
      But that can only make the band better(i hope!)
      Is that an unopened bottle of Talisker i see before me?
      Not for much longer!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by AllenBG View Post
        Why not, they've put a bass-player on lead guitar...
        I love bass... bestest instrument in the band!

Oh well...if I'm on vocals, I hope you're all ready for something like a cross between Sting, and Marlene Dietrich.

Any more Elric-themed songs?

das

Comment

• All that comes to mind for me is Riders on the Storm(bringer). But I'm just the keyboard player. Ask the leads.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• That's great, Sparrow! For some reason, my clever genes are not working today, so I'm looking to be amused. Maybe it'll trigger something...

das

Comment

• Well Das,we could always open with I Left my Heart in Qvarzhasaat,that usually goes down well!
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• TF, Simon Cowell is now at the door with his portable buzzer, I think Ramsay has put him up to it, however the place is packed so he's not getting in, he moaned something about Das and Kat and a feline choir and apart from that he won't pay for the ticket ( cheapskate ). I've asked Das and Kat to go out during the interval and sort him once and for all. This is The Deep Thick after all!!! Don't think it's working, Kat's now singing ' don't stop me now ' as she reaches the bar....again. If Mike finds out we're all in bother!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sparrowhawk;176487]

WWS, how did you know I play keyboards? Did my long and nimble fingers give me away? Or was it the way I came in and immediately headed for a nice out-of-the-way corner?

Sparrow.. no, as soon as you mentioned ' Headed ' I thought you were a refugee from Glasgow, something like a kiss with the forehead, so I was a bit confused and the keyboards seemed the safest option, compared to a bout with Stormbringer. Das, this is a family Inn, get the avatar back to normal!!!

Where's that barkeep with the lager, the Pole Dancer's getting thirsty ( well that's my excuse!! ) Ditch here I come!!!

Comment

• Simon Cowell??!

Step aside, I'll take care of this one...

There. Just blasted him to the other side of town!

das

Comment

• Das,although i greatly admire and respect the way you dealt with one of satans most odious minions,i would have liked to have seen more time spent on him!!
                      The band are kickin so i'll just settle back with a double Isle of Jura

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• So straight into that popular (i.e. we like it...) bluesy number "Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City (of Imrryr), to be followed by "Isle be With You (in my Dreams)" if you're very lucky...

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          Simon Cowell??!

Step aside, I'll take care of this one...

There. Just blasted him to the other side of town!

das

Das, How you managed that without missing a note, amazingly Melnibonean, now get back to the stage, the night is yet young......and put the pale faceed guy down, he's too small to look into your blouse!

Barkeep, I know it's busy, but where's my Lager????

Comment

• can't believe you put me on vocals...*clears throat n gargles with a shot of vodka* ma voice has slipped into alto over da years

*curses silently, grabs the bottle of Absinthe off the barkeep's bench n skulls a few measures*

Hope ya' ready Das...the lads are gettin' twitchy!

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                              Das,although i greatly admire and respect the way you dealt with one of satans most odious minions,i would have liked to have seen more time spent on him!!
                              Oh, no worries...

He's lying in a gutter right now...ears bleeding...hungry rats sniffing the air...moving in...getting closer... muahahahahaha!

Couldn't spend TOO much time on him, I'd miss my set! So I'll let me squeaky minions do my dirty work.

Now, lemme see...next up, I'd like to sing Unchained Melnibonéan...

das

Comment

• As long as you leave out La Isla Pantang in the second set.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X