Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta bit bloody sombre in 'ere, 'ant it?

Top me up, lan'lord, and 'oo the 'ell chucked me allfentic Bavarian 'at on the bloody fire while I was restin' moy oyes?

'Ay? Nmmm!

Oi'll have to get me uvver'un back off the scarecrow now!

Better give Oi one uv each uv them pork scratchins. Oi can't make un informed choyse if Oi don' troi um all.

Churrs.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Good Man! I was just thinking of opening up.

Sometimes, it takes an intellectual ram-raider with an OTT Zzummerrzet brogue and a paraffin fuelled Ferguson tractor to kickstart a Friday night.

(I'd prefer if you parked it outside in the carpark though...)

I can recommend the Weston's still Zider, tonight.

Comment

Weston's it is, then, moi luvly man. And whoile yer porin it, Oi'll move the tractor outside. That paraffin is spreadin twords the foire, after all. Oi'll av some Mr D's scratchins, inall.

Churrs!

(Is thurr some sorta toime doilation actin on this pub? )
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Pietro Wrote
          I just think the word "Freedom" has been battered senseless.
          Yeah, the freedom to senselessly kill to the point of near extinction.

Comment

Shite, its too nice a night to psycho analyze!
            YEZZIRR...Ill have a gallon of draught and some mussels to chase!
            Ive $300.00 worth of fireworks that"ll be going off fortwith the arrival of dusk!

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
              Shite, its too nice a night to psycho analyze!
              YEZZIRR...Ill have a gallon of draught and some mussels to chase!
              Ive $300.00 worth of fireworks that"ll be going off fortwith the arrival of dusk!
              Yowza, not near me, I hope. :)

Being a bit of a fireworks connoisseur and a cheapskate, historically I've sojourned up to Tennesee* to get my annual arsenal, since fireworks are astonishingly cheap there. Lemme tell ya, $300 would buy a shockingly large amount of fireworks; the visual image "WWII ammunition ship getting torpedoed" comes to mind. *ka-boooom!*

Meanwhile back in the pub I'll have an innocuous Diet Coke...and a large bucket of water, ready to douse any hot-spots from the fireworks outside. :D

-=-=-=-
              * The colossal Tennessee-Alabama Fireworks, to be precise.....a store so large, Interstate-24 actually flows around it :o

Comment

heya Pietro_Mercurios, is it too late to get some of that cider?

ahh, fireworks........

I remember someone once had those quarter sticks of dynamite, or the equivalant, they made shallow, but interesting craters in the ground. ;)

I learned one has to know where those 'roman candles' are pointed! haha

anyone have any 'Saturn Missle Batteries' those things are great!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                  heya Pietro_Mercurios, is it too late to get some of that cider?
                  I've been thinking of giving this a try:

Magner's Irish Cider

You wouldn't happen to have a keg or two behind that bar there, would you PM?
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Magner's? Certainly!

Comment

ahh, that cider was pleasing....thanks David and Andro! :)

Pietro_Mercurios, Drinks all around my good man!

I have brought the food, and the first entree is:

Let's celebrate! :D

The Calendar wrote:
                      Lemec's 1 year Anniversary at Moorcock's Miscellany! Party,Celebrate,Drink,Gather all around the forum to remember all the great moments of the past year. Listen to music, read some of Mike's works, Hang out at the Virtual Inn. Talk and Laugh and Sing! Sing praises to Mike and all my friends! Have lots, and lots of fun!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Enjoy!
                        For everybody, my friends, "Trofie al pesto" ( Tropheea al pasto ) from my home

Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Originally posted by Hieronymus
                          Enjoy!

Magnifique!

Thanks Hieronymus! My compliments to the chef! :D

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hmmm. That looks interestin'.

Pinta coider, please, landlord!

Churrs, lemec. Happy anniverary.

Comment

Originally posted by Hieronymus
                              Enjoy!

Gracias, Hieronymus, y provecho!
                              (Sorry, I don't know how to say this in Italian, yet)

I remember well the first day we were in Milano, it was lunchtime and we were starving. We settled on a cafeteria for the local workers, since our theory was we could just point to what we wanted (we spoke Spanish and English only), and it seemed nothing else was open at the time, anyway. Well I saw this lovely pile of spaghetti, with something mixed in. They turned out to be tiny mussels, which I wasn't at all fond of at the time!

Hieronymus... Bosch? Now there's some fascinating and scary work!
                              Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                              -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
                                I remember well the first day we were in Milano, it was lunchtime and we were starving. We settled on a cafeteria for the local workers, since our theory was we could just point to what we wanted (we spoke Spanish and English only), and it seemed nothing else was open at the time, anyway. Well I saw this lovely pile of spaghetti, with something mixed in. They turned out to be tiny mussels, which I wasn't at all fond of at the time!

Hieronymus... Bosch? Now there's some fascinating and scary work!
                                Yes like Bosch, but you don't tell hiim, otherwise he could be take a legal proceeding against me
                                Italy ha an incredible diversity of "pasta", so I'm not able to tell you what you have eaten, this one above ( Trofie al pesto ) is a particular pasta from my zone.
                                Recipe is very simple:
                                Pasta ( whatever kind you wish )

Pesto ( sauce for the pasta ):
                                Olive oil
                                Basil
                                Garlic
                                Parmisan
                                Pine Sheds

Put some Basil leafs in a coocking robot ( I don't know what is the english name for ), with salt, oil, a piece of garlic ( no much ), parmisan and some pine sheeds. You have to obtain a not too much dense sauce with this mixt.
                                Put it on the pasta and "buon appetito"
                                Last edited by Hieronymus; 07-04-2006, 11:56 AM.
                                Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Working...
                                X