Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tf,,,,,be very very careful.....remem:ber what happened to Brian and now Das has a drinking buddy.....the multiverse is not going to be sober tonight, the lounge is full with everyone watching the endless rerun of Kat smacking Ramsay, even Elric has managed to escape from Das and Sparrow's clutches for a sly pint of Melnibonean Heavy. NO Das, :ps:we can't have Inspector Lewis on instead ( snooooooore ) however I've just noticed a new pole dancer who looks remarkably like Ziva from NCIS.....Arioch thanks the spell worked. Right I'm off to the ditch with Ziva and a bottle of Southern comfort, crank up the wheelbarrow, Das!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Ah careful is both my middle names WW!!
      Ziva?
      Didnt he used to be in A Man From U.N.C.L.E?
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Don't worry, das, I'll look after the fair ones in your absence (mwah hah hah)
        *No, Elric, don't drink any more of that yellow wine - have a bit of this lovely port instead.* You see, das, everything will be just fine, go on and have fun at the fair.

You're a bit confused, TF, the Aberlour must be goin' to your head. Ducky used to be a Man from U.N.C.L.E; Ziva is the Israeli hottie on NCIS. And you're quite welcome to join me over here for a dram of port, though I'm not sure it will mix well with that fine Scotch you're drinkin'...

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Sparrow, dear...while you're at it...see if you can't do something about Elric's grape-stained feet...they clash with his mint-green breeks and blue and yellow jerkin.

In the meantime, I'm going to see what I can do about avoiding that Ramsey fellow. Annoying little git. I much prefer Jamie Oliver...he's always naked...

Oooo...naked wines!! http://www.jamieoliver.com/wine/

das

Comment

• I believe Ramsay has been banned from the Inn so there is no chance of running into the surly wretch here.

Grape stained tootsies, eh? Not sure what to do about those. Here have another glass of port and you will not mind them so much. Or maybe a nice soak in a hot bath...

(must be all that talk about naked wines - putting ideas in my head)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

• Glad Ramsay's banned. I wasn't sure...sometimes I have trouble following the accents here.

And as far as Elric's grapey toesies were concerned...I was actually thinking more along the lines of sucking them clean...but your idea's good, too! Besides, with my luck Elric's ticklish and he'd end up kicking my teeth in!

God, I'm tired. Must be the wine. I should switch to something a bit more stimulating. Any ideas?

das

Comment

• Absinthe with lemonade Das? can promise that'd stimulate somethin'

I'm gonna stick with the ole Bohemian blue...dance with the whiskered lad...maybe harass Elrik, find my machete and boots...

I think the Vlad stole them

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy View Post
                  Absinthe with lemonade Das? can promise that'd stimulate somethin'
                  Most likely the Technicolour Yawn, what with the other stuff the Duchess has been necking.... Ah, the joys of a pub at an intersection of the Multiverse - falling-over water from many planes and reality!

Anyone else for some of this Ale? 'Srather good...

Comment

• Erm...Allen...

Ah...how can I put this...ummm....

'necking' in America means really passionate kissing, like with tongues and roaming hands and slurpy noises and stuff. Like...snogging. And I SWEAR I haven't laid lips on the 'Winter Brothers!'

Now...what's good for a bellyache, 'cause I have one today (too much fête-food). I think I'll have meself a shot of Jنger, if you please!

das

Comment

• The adverts are out, the latest hot band in the multiverse is appearing at the Inn tonight by special appointment to Lord Arioch ( well we think it's him!! )...

The Deep Thick, starring Das and Kat on vocals, AllenBG on lead guitar, Sparrowhawk on keyboards and a bottle of port, TF and WWS watching slyly from the shadows as the cash comes rolling in from the tickets at the door..... They are playing their multiversal smash hit ' There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elric ', among others. Time for TF and I to hit the whisky tasting trail... I'll start with the Bowmore distillery and end up somewhere in Fort William ( As long as Ziva the Hottie comes along, I don't care!!! ) Best Glenmorangie and a half of Tennents, barkeep, please!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                        ...They are playing their multiversal smash hit ' There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elric '...

das

Comment

• I was going to recommend some Benedictine and Brandy for das's post-fete tummyache, but I expect WWS's post has cured her ills! But maybe she could use a sip to lubricate her vocal cords for tonight's performance.

WWS, how did you know I play keyboards? Did my long and nimble fingers give me away? Or was it the way I came in and immediately headed for a nice out-of-the-way corner?

@das: Allen's post gave me a moment's pause as well. I wondered what you were getting up to with the boys when I had my back turned. And as for removing the grape stains
                          Ah, the joys of international blogs - so many new slang terms to learn and mis-use! I especially liked the Technicolor Yawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                            Erm...Allen... 'necking' in America means really passionate kissing, like with tongues and roaming hands and slurpy noises and stuff. Like...snogging. And I SWEAR I haven't laid lips on the 'Winter Brothers!'
                            Erm... I was aware of that but had forgotten it, not being a regular user of US slang... I was using it to indicate pouring alcohol down your neck in a heavy consumption manner... Sorry to have worried you!

I don't know whether to feel sorry for or envy the Pasty Boys... but paddling in dilute bleach will get rid of the grape stains!

Comment

• Hey that band are not half bad,i think the drummers ears are painted on mind you!
                              Whisky trail WW?
                              Sounds good to me!
                              I'll kick off with that cheeky wee 15yo Dalwhinnie!
                              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Ugh...they want me to sing??! The only flat thing on me is my voice!!! I can't sing at all. I have two didgeridoos, a bodhrلn, and a djembe...maybe one of those would suffice.

As far as toe-sucking goes...

Now...gimme some cheap mouthwash!! Jack Daniels will do!

das

Comment

Working...
                                X