Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devilchicken
    I'll take a pint of Shatner's best.

I hear tell its described as 'Like drinking the finest, most expensive bottle of wine, in the foulest, most disgusting public lavatory'.
    Not too unlike Farmer Palmer's finest rough cider, then.

Originally posted by Hieronymus
    And where you see Jerry tell him to have with him his needle gun to fire Kirk...
    Surely the Vibra-gun would be better? We'd get to watch him do that funny dance before he fell to bits.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Hieronymus
      Just a little OT sorry
      I'd wish say the Madrigal Rose shots are great! Compliments!
      End OT
      Er, um... why thank you
      Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Hieronymus Wrote
        I'd wish say the Madrigal Rose shots are great!
        I would have to agree with that statement, but I hope that you dont have the same regards for moths as you do for butterflies.
        I went out on my porch Sat. night at around 12:30 and could hear a sound comparable to hail falling.My house is dropped in the middle of 100 year old pines,birch,walnuts,elm,maples,spruce,cedars,sumac ,chestnuts,butternuts,balsams.. etc.This crunching sound seemed to be coming from miles around.It took me about 5 minutes to figure out what it was.Its frigging Gypsy Moth larvae, and they are devouring every leave on every tree in my neighborhood.It was kind of creepy when I realized that the crunching sound was being made by caterpillars in a feeding frenzy.Those cute little fuzzy critters are killing everything!I havent seen such an infestation in 40 years.I love butterflies also but could live without those bastard Gypsy Moth caterpillars killing my already weakened White Birch.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
          Hieronymus Wrote
          I would have to agree with that statement, but I hope that you dont have the same regards for moths as you do for butterflies.
          ...I love butterflies also but could live without those bastard Gypsy Moth caterpillars killing my already weakened White Birch.
          Well, I also love birds, lizards (we've got the cutest little anoles here!) and FROGS!! The green tree frogs cling to the house at night in the summertime, eating moths and such till they're fit to burst... the lovely toads are out now, too.
          There is a moth that fascinates me
          the Luna Moth.
          Don't see them as often as I'd like.
          Last year we had to cut down an 80+ ft. pine tree next to our place because the pine beetle got to it. Made us really nervous during Hurricane Frances so we had to do it. Figured by the rings it was 90ish years old.
          Okay, I think it's time to turn in the Greyhound and have a Grasshopper.
          Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
          -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Pellaz
            Whew. In that case, I'll take a comfy armchair far away from the Shatner's be[a]st. :)
            Hey - someone must share it with me. I can't drink this filth alone.
            Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

A nice ginger tea for me, please.
              "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

oooh! I've been missing out! Nice sign! ;)

One saki please, served at the proper temperature. :)

thank ye barkeep!

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                  oooh! I've been missing out! Nice sign! ;)

One saki please, served at the proper temperature. :)

Coming right up! And please accept this small bowl of extra salty, seaweed 'n' rice crackers.

Comment

I see we got the ode landlord back, salway snice tsee a famil'yer face behind the bar.

You got 'ny pork scratchin's to go wi' my pint?
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island

You got 'ny pork scratchin's to go wi' my pint?
                      We've got Butcher's, Big D's, or Mr P's.

Probably best washed down with a pint of Ansells.

Comment

Forgive me for changing the subject, but can anyone tell me how this poor guy was 'defending American freedom' ? The logic completely defeats me.

Staff Sgt. Raymond J. Plouhar, 30, died Monday of wounds suffered while conducting combat operations in Iraq's volatile Anbar province, the Defense Department said Tuesday.
                        Plouhar, who was stationed at Camp Pendleton, Calif., had taken four years off from active duty to serve as a recruiter in Flint after donating one of his kidneys to his uncle. He is seen in the 2004 film approaching prospective recruits in a mall parking lot.
                        Most E-Mailed Stories
                        "It's better to get them when they're in ones and twos and work on them that way," he says in the film.
                        Although Plouhar willingly appeared in the movie, which is critical of the Bush administration's actions after Sept. 11, his father said Plouhar didn't realize it would criticize the war.
                        "I'm proud that my son wanted to protect the freedom of this country whether we all agree with the war or not," he said.
                        Plouhar grew up in Lake Orion, about 30 miles north of Detroit.
                        He is survived by a wife and two children, ages 5 and 9. They live in Arizona.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I think it is a truly patriotic message saying: Bah, you turr'ist jerks, one freedom defending kidney lives on!

Comte de Brass
                          Come in, you're most welcome, but leave Envy at my castle's gates ... for it is a poison we are unable to cure, and you'd be its first sad victim yourself.

Comment

Car les bandits qui sont cause des guerres
                            N’en meurent jamais, on n’tue qu’les innocents !

Car les bandits qui sont cause des guerres
                            Ne pleurent jamais, car ce sont des tyrans !

As bandits who are the reason for wars never die from them as only innocents are killed !

As bandits who are the reason for wars never cry as they are tyrans !

from : " La Butte rouge " a french anti militarist song ( 1871 ? ) .

If i could i would translate for you : giroflé, girofla .....

But i think that if wars are made for power, glory or money by warmongers, soldiers die for ideals...... even misguidded ........

as another french poet said : to die for ideas, yes but from a slow death ....

Comment

Flint is a dangerous place...

Comment

I just think the word "Freedom" has been battered senseless.

Do you want 'freedom fries' with that?

Comment

Working...
                                X