Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having a nice gin.

I'm looking forward to this Monday.

I heard something faintly drifting upon the Winds.

I have learned that there perhaps will be an announcement that might be of interest to us.

I think that on February 1st, 2021, there will be news about an upcoming Michael Moorcock related item.

It is something that will be in print on March 1st, if I remember it right.

I'll stop by the Inn again, when I have more information and details.

Hooray!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• That's very interesting & intriguing... 🤔

Me, I'm going to kick back & sink a Gulpener &/or a Grimbergen, or two. Maybe watch an Avengers episode, with Steed & Mrs Peel, or a Maigret, with Bruno Cremer. Maybe, all of the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
        That's very interesting & intriguing... 🤔

Me, I'm going to kick back & sink a Gulpener &/or a Grimbergen, or two. Maybe watch an Avengers episode, with Steed & Mrs Peel, or a Maigret, with Bruno Cremer. Maybe, all of the above.
        Yes! Indeed it is!

This is impressive!

From Jayde Design-

"Jayde Design (in association with Savoy Books) proudly presents The Stormbringer Sessions: Sketches For a Graphic Novel by James Cawthorn.

This book is not a finished graphic novel, as such. Neither is it merely a book of rough sketches.

While organising the late, great James Cawthorn’s archive for deposit at Oxford University’s world-renowned Bodleian Library, two boxes were discovered labelled “Stormbringer Roughs” and “Stormbringer Strip Photocopies”. In combination, they comprised a complete set of the artist’s incredibly detailed preliminary sketches for an ultimately unrealised, brand-new graphic adaptation -- some two hundred and fifty pages, in total -- of Michael Moorcock’s classic Elric of Melniboné novel, Stormbringer.

Entirely unpublished previously, that is what this book is…

A “work of powerful and sustained imagination” and the “most perfect collaboration between artist and writer that there has ever been”.

Due to be published on 1st March, 2021, as a 272-page outsized hardcover (approx. 12¼" x 9" [31cm x 23cm]) with a brand-new introduction by John Davey and an afterword by Savoy Books co-founder David Britton (his last completed piece of writing before his death in December 2020 [although there is one final novel left to be published posthumously]).

N.B.This edition includes one hundred [decorated] slip-cased copies numbered from 1 to 100, one hundred trade copies branded ‘TR’ and fifty complimentary copies (for contributors, legal deposit, review, etc.) branded ‘C.C.’.”; the limited edition also comes with a full-colour loose-leaf print.

For an illustrated preview, plus links to pre-order copies, please see here: https://moorcography.org/the-stormbringer-sessions-sketches-for-a-graphic-novel.

"
        ---------

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Really happy to see preorders up for the Cawthorn book! Can't wait to see the book in print (which may take a while for me, as it's going to my UK address rather than risk shipping it out to the UAE... and it's not really clear at the moment when I'll be able to get back to the UK in person!)
          The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

• The sketches sound like they are going to be really cool. It looks to be many pages of fantastic material, it will be very nice to see, and a lot of fun.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• I would love a copy, at least of the TPB. The temptation... 🤩

It's driving me to order a bottle of, Hertog Jan, Grand Prestige.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
                I would love a copy, at least of the TPB. The temptation... 🤩

It's driving me to order a bottle of, Hertog Jan, Grand Prestige.
                Very cool!

I think that both are limited editions.

There might only be 100 of the TPBs.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• I received a copy, and I'm going to look through it after the weekend.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Originally posted by lemec View Post
                    I received a copy, and I'm going to look through it after the weekend.
                    Very nice. Acquisition of any limited edition deserves a toast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc View Post

Very nice. Acquisition of any limited edition deserves a toast!
                      I'm joining you with a Vodka!

​​​​​​​Cheers!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Originally posted by lemec View Post

I'm joining you with a Vodka!

Cheers!
                        An imperial IPA in your honor! 🍺

Comment

• I'm still thinking about it...
                          Last edited by Pietro_Mercurios; 03-06-2021, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Act! Haha.

Comment

• Finished work & this is my afternoon with the place to myself. So, treating myself to a bottle of, Lancaster Bomber & listening to my new (second-hand), copy of, Get Ready, by my favourite all round sax player, King Curtis, on vinyl. Young Eric Clapton makes a guest appearance.

GetReady_00.jpg
                              http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCSbxMBBLps

Comment

• Finished work, place to myself. Opened a can of Amstel Pilsener, followed by a bottle of, Wychwood Hobgoblin Ale. Put, Aftermath (Rolling Stones), on the turntable, followed by, The Who Sell Out (The Who) & now listening to, Dorem Fasol Latido (Hawkwind). It must be Friday.
                                Last edited by Pietro_Mercurios; 04-02-2021, 07:53 AM. Reason: Changed a link...

Comment

Working...
                                X