Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve had the real stuff once and that was enough for me. I get why some people like it, but...

It sounds like alcohol is helping everyone’s corona life. I’m closer to K’s Turkey 101 (although I prefer my bourbon with a little less octane-maybe a good 80 proof Jefferson or when I’m really ready for a great something like Bookers).

Of course, a good IPA makes every day better.

Comment

• I’m actually barely drinking these days. Mostly flavored water. Trying to live healthier. Lost some weight; started with keto, now just healthy eating and calorie watching. Back to my mid-college weight, lots more energy, sleeping better. But kinda frustrated my pants fit so poorly now.
      "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
      --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
        Lemec still hasn't finished the Beer Moat around the Inn yet....might have something to do with that Ladbroke Grove lot who arrived yesterday and stuck their straws in....maybe we could ask Meliadus to give them the beer bill ?
        That sums it up. Someone also connected an irrigation ditch to the moat and the beer began to be channeled to an unknown region.

Some work to do on it...

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Tonight, I've had a couple of of Gulpener pils & one of those Lidl Steam Brews. The Steam Brew (7.8%), is an IPA, maxing out on those grapefruit-y hops from the US that have become v.popular in recent years & I've tasted far worse.
          SteamBrew_00.jpg
          Quite enough alcohol for one evening, but, it has such a great can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
            Tonight, I've had a couple of of Gulpener pils & one of those Lidl Steam Brews. The Steam Brew (7.8%), is an IPA, maxing out on those grapefruit-y hops from the US that have become v.popular in recent years & I've tasted far worse.
            SteamBrew_00.jpg
            Quite enough alcohol for one evening, but, it has such a great can.
            The description alone made me want to drink it, and then I see that it looks amazing. Great color. And of course that glass is perfect.

Comment

• Today, I have been mostly drinking, Session Pale Ale Steam Brew (4.9%), from the Lidl. Lighter than the Imperial Pale ale, but v.good value for money. I'm not being paid to promote this stuff, but the can art is just sublime. 😋

SPA_00.jpg

Comment

• That looks excellent. You have a slice a very good life if the taste matches the appeal of the can and the color of the pour.

Comment

• I recently had some Crystal Head Vodka, from a miniature crystal skull bottle.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• I recently bought what I thought was cinnamon flavored whisky. It had crazy high sugar content, and I went very low carb back in January. Tasty, but super disappointing as it wasn’t good for the diet. Live and learn I guess.
                    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Working...
                    X