Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
    Also , Jerrry Cornsomething has made a complaint , some Melniboneans turned up and parked their dragons in the car park right next to the Chippy , they brought their portable Dream Couches and ensconced themselves in the cellar with the last of the Younger's Number 3 ale barrels so we can't rouse them .
    It's worse than that, they also made away with the last crates of Rabbies Porter. It's the only thing that Conan the Cimmerian likes to drink on a night that doesn't end up with him challenging the rest of the clièntele to a 'square-go' and then trashing the bar.

RabbiesPorter_00.jpg

Comment

• Noooooo ! Not the Rabbie's Porter ! We'll have to ask Davina to make a special order to the Ayr Brewery , she's Scottish so it shouldn't be a problem . They tanned the Youngers Number 3 , that was the last of it anywhere in the Multiverse , unless that young scamp Moorcock has any stashed away in Texas......They also scoffed the last of the deep fried Mars and Snickers bars , The Granbretanians are not happy , just like Conan ....I think it's going to be a rough night😲😲😲😲😲

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• While I'm waiting for the slaying to begin , I'll have a pint of Tennents and a large Talisker single malt , please , Davina .....

Comment

• Since we're on Tennents, I'll have a pint of 90/- & one for yourself, Davina.

Comment

• Pietro , Davina doesn't take drinks from strange people so she's going to go thirsty in here . I've decided to have a pint of Magners over ice while I'm waiting on the Pan Tang Pole Dancers to escape from the Hound Order Table Tennis meeting in the Thingfish Lounge...does the Hound Order know the girls are extremely well trained murderous assassins as well ? Uh oh , I think they've just found out , the girls are using broken chair legs as pikes for the heads .....I'll call the janitor there's blood all over the floor...again..😬😬😬

Comment

• 3 days to clean up the mess , the Pan Tang girls left none alive........so now I'll have a large Rusty Nail on ice , Davina and keep them coming .🥃🍻🥃 DAS!!!! where's the TakeAway Pizza machine ???

Comment

• Pietro !!! You were warned NOT to play that instrument in the Inn , it sounds like a waking Phoorn so now we have the Melniboneans back looking for a stray dragon , they can't find you as you're in the Thingfish Suite and it's controlled entry so they've started smashing the main bar up ......I'll have the Wolf Order wake up and sort them out . Meanwhile , I'll have another large Rusty Nail , thanks , Davina !

Comment

• Pietro , the chalumeau and xaphoon 40 plus band you ordered for tonight turned up early and started playing in the Thingfish Lounge....Xiombarg and the Hounds of Chaos tried to get through the Inn's mystic barriers to quell the noise but the people queuing at the Chippy Van stopped them . Xiombarg is submitting a complaint form , I've told her we 'll look into it ...eventually....meanwhile the other patrons are enjoying the show.....I have my ear plugs in , though .😣😣

Comment

• Ok I'm back on the Tennent's Extra Cold , Davina is an expert at pouring a great pint ....

Comment

• Well, I managed to bring back a couple of kegs of de Maastrichter Maltezer. So that's me fixed for a day or two. ;>)

maltezer.jpg

Comment

• Pietro , that stuff has been banned since the Brown Man of Laahr redecorated the front porch with it after he had 20 pints , the painting bill was enormous . I found a load of kegs of Younger's Number 3 ale in the cellar , I might be while doing the inventory....one of the Pan Tang Pole Dancers is helping me.....

Comment

• I've been saving a bit of cash by buying beer in from the Lidl. They do a German IPA beer & a stout in steampunk 1/2 litre cans. They hit the spot. Also, their St Gerardus beers are straight out of the Gulpener Brewery, in Gulpen, in the South of Limburg & reputedly based on the old Wittem cloister recipe book. They´re all worth trying. But, if you come across a six pack of the blue labelled, ´Saison Bier,' grab it. It's got loads of hoppy flavour, but light enough & only about 6%, so a good alternative for when you're bored with pils. GerSais_00.jpg

Comment

• I’m wishing absinthe wasn’t quite so pricey. I have many things I’d rather spend 70 bucks on, but it’s awfully tasty. At the start of the quarantine I had a bottle and it was quite delightful. I wish I had another.

So as I pull up a conceptual chair in this delightful virtual tavern, what are my odds of getting a virtual glass of the good green stuff? 😁🍾
                            "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                            --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
                              I’m wishing absinthe wasn’t quite so pricey. I have many things I’d rather spend 70 bucks on, but it’s awfully tasty. At the start of the quarantine I had a bottle and it was quite delightful. I wish I had another.

So as I pull up a conceptual chair in this delightful virtual tavern, what are my odds of getting a virtual glass of the good green stuff? 😁🍾
                              Does absinthe make the heart grow fonder?🙄

i won't touch the stuff myself J-Sun; i've been led to believe that that particular liqueur is a tad more toxic than most refined drinks and besides doesn't Dracula wield it like Rohypnol on some of his prime targets?

This time around i'll drink to some old friends out there in the cold somewhere and so for old times sake i'll down a shot of Wild Turkey 101.
                              Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• It probably was pretty toxic in the days Pyat was drinking it in Pera. But today the stuff they sell in the US over the counter is likely much more tame than the *real thing* they sold back in the days of Poe and others. Now it’s just overpriced pretension. But I love the taste of licorice and anise so I enjoy a sip or two.

To your health, Kimba. To our dear patron Mike’s health, and to Linda. To all our pards on the moonbeam roads, friends here and missing.
                                "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                                --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Working...
                                X