Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Halloween!

I salute you with my skull-shaped pumpkin goblet!!!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• I've dusted the maple wood bar off and cleaned the chairs.

The Inn looks presentable enough for now.

The side door hinges need some oil.

Some nails have been hammered into the North Wall, and some decorations have been added.

I am drinking a warm Tanelorn Ale.

The main gate and portals are open, visitors and travellers should arrive soon.

Plenty of the old stock awaits them in the cellar.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• *Wanders in..*
        It's my first time here.
        I do like a Guinness from time to time. When back in the UK, I like a Newcastle Brown Ale.
        However this weekend I discovered Mead style beer. Quite sweet, but not sugary sweet and a nice summer drink.
        Got this one in stock?
        776159-1.png
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by danskmacabre View Post
          *Wanders in..*
          Got this one in stock?
          776159-1.png
          Excellent choice!

I've never tried that.

I think there was a case of it beside the Inn's cupboard.

Most forms of alcohol are available through the cross-world portals, providing a few twists and manipulations of the gateway device controls, which allow any connection to locations along The Moonbeam Roads.

Secreted in the Inn, we also have a stairway that directly connects to one of the finest beverage warehouses in The Multiverse.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Praise Arioch , I have again reached the hallowed portals of the famed Moorcock Inn after many travails . The Pan Tang Pole Dancers are returning , Davina the Bar person is on a bus from Glasgow on the Moonbeam Roads and the Purple Towns Bouncers are on the door . Sadly , Thingfish is no longer with us but I have applied for planning permission for the new Thingfish Lounge and cocktail bar to be added onto the side in his memory at the car park bit where the Granbretanians and the Melniboneans used to fight . Highland malt whiskies of many vintages are about to be stocked , with a Drambuie vat in the basement and Melnibonean 10,000 year old wines in the cellar .

The only thing missing is Thingfish....😢 however he´ll no doubt be laughing in the company of the Eternal Champions with a huge single malt and playing his drums .

Oh , it`s great to be back !!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

• As if anyone would ever forget Davina !!!!

Comment

• The Ziva Clone waitresses have arrived , all we need now is a right good shindig !!!

Comment

• Welcome to the Inn, white wolf's son! Spiced potatoes are on special for the weekend. Next week's special is Anti-Gravitic Tequila.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• The Thingfish Lounge planning permission was granted , it`s completed with the help of some arcane decorator from London named Jerry Cornelius or something like that . ( he did it for nothing anyway , strange guy , sometimes he wore nail varnish and he did a good job anyway ) . The Ziva clone waitresses and the Pan Tang Pole Dancers are all in place , just have to make sure the Wolf Order lot keep their hands off , these girls have been trained by Hawkmoon himself and are lethal !

The Thingfish Lounge opens with an unending extravaganza of 30 year old distiller cask Glenmorangie finest single malt, on the house , and a huge cheers to Thingfish .

The Bill Shankly Suite has been redecorated and new home theatre 100" HD systems installed , with soundproof walls in case the rest of us want some peace wheh the slum sport ...er ...football is on . The NHL and ESPN channels are on it as well so should be fun .

A big welcome back to everyone , it`s brilliant to be back , and again , a sad but HUGE cheers to Thingfish !!!!

Comment

• Lemec , the last time we had spiced potatoes on the menu , some green guy named Hew Argech turned up , did the whole lot in . The next thing we knew he had planted potatoes in the car park next to Pietro`s Mercurios's anti grav module and it was completely covered in a few minutes . The paint job was ruined and Pietro was NOT happy . Hew Argech also done in all the weedkiller from the janitor`s office, attempted to seduce one of the Pan Tang Pole Dancers ( he regretted that ) and he was kicked out . So if the spiced potatoes are back on the menu , we better be careful !!!

Comment

• The Chaos Twins are now 21 but they are NOT allowed into the Inn , if anyone goes near them , I have a fully functioning needle gun , a spade and no one will ever find you !!!

Comment

• I have just come here for a short rest and to sip a wonderful tasteful refresh from this, cheers in honor of our friend Alan! Cheers pal

A9ETVIwG3Cyh-qNrD7BidImQHP8c1JbBdiSgEOqTY7qJqUqond1kv-Aztvf9zSXKePt0X3m8u3zaAzDzgC_pYClyQ7k7eHNZ38xLXi6EehBxuaJSL3we3YS91xT4ioRTJ9MZzypoiADy8AW7LZXTvtWgyD8Ebx53Dj-TkSemg7KFwNU16zl1Ba0cPDm7T41sxu5VaJ9fcTI6JaTXrY2pPjL0fs1DPKXHuP_5yc3OxWafkpK2jUcBttz8FfE0cMD
                          "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                          "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

• Zlogdan , fill your boots , like the Everlasting Concubine , the Murphy`s never ends here !!! Cheers !

Comment

• I`m now on the Talisker Distillers 10 year old single malt , the old quaich is never empty so the Chaos Twins or Xiombarg Junior might have to collect me in case I fall into the ditch ( again ) and disappear for three days !!! Sláinte !!

Comment

• Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                                The Thingfish Lounge planning permission was granted , it`s completed with the help of some arcane decorator from London named Jerry Cornelius or something like that . ( he did it for nothing anyway , strange guy , sometimes he wore nail varnish and he did a good job anyway ) . The Ziva clone waitresses and the Pan Tang Pole Dancers are all in place , just have to make sure the Wolf Order lot keep their hands off , these girls have been trained by Hawkmoon himself and are lethal !

The Thingfish Lounge opens with an unending extravaganza of 30 year old distiller cask Glenmorangie finest single malt, on the house , and a huge cheers to Thingfish .

The Bill Shankly Suite has been redecorated and new home theatre 100" HD systems installed , with soundproof walls in case the rest of us want some peace wheh the slum sport ...er ...football is on . The NHL and ESPN channels are on it as well so should be fun .

A big welcome back to everyone , it`s brilliant to be back , and again , a sad but HUGE cheers to Thingfish !!!!
                                A lounge and a suite. This place has gone all posh since I was last in.

It’s good to see that the Bill Shankly Suite has extended its shelving to accommodate the recently acquired pots and baubles. And there’s space for one more at least, which is good forward planning.

I’ll have a large Glenmorangie in memory of the boy Thingfish and another for yer man Lemmy.

Comment

Working...
                                X