Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
    Im away to head in to the Hawkwind Room for some heads down No nonsense swallying...you will find me in Calvert Corner with my pants over my head singing Hassan i Sabbah in broken Gaelic....just because i can!

Slainthe
    You've broken Gaelic? What, the whole language? Oh well, hopefully no-one will notice, and if they do we'll blame it on Bladnoch Bess.

I'm in the Norfolk instance of the Inn this week so it'll have to be a Woodforde's Wherry for me please.
    Let me tell you a story 'bout a poor boy....

Comment

• Yep PV...broke the whole bloody thing.
      Mind you i was very drunk at the time!
      Woodforde's Wherry...Last time i drank that i woke up beside Bladnoch Bess' twin sister Dornoch Dora with a huge repair bill for the(now demolished) 'Dodgem Dude' sports bar.
      Guinness..you say?
      Would be churlish not to!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
        Yep PV...broke the whole bloody thing.
        Woodforde's Wherry...Last time i drank that i woke up beside Bladnoch Bess' twin sister Dornoch Dora with a huge repair bill for the(now demolished) 'Dodgem Dude' sports bar.
        Guinness..you say?
        There's a gag in there somewhere about Dornoch Dora and her amazing door knockers, but I can't think of one that is clean enough for publication.

Last night was a trip down holiday memory lane with bottles of wine from all the recent holiday destinations at a clan gathering. Splendid bottles of Albariٌo from Galicia, Rioja from...Rioja, Chardonnay from Bourgogne and Picpoul de Pinet from Pezenas.

I'm now in need of a sausage butty to assuage the hangover. Is Alberto the chef in the kitchen today?

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
          Originally posted by thingfish View Post
          Yep PV...broke the whole bloody thing.
          Guinness..you say?
          Albariٌo from Galicia, Rioja from...Rioja, Chardonnay from Bourgogne and Picpoul de Pinet from Pezenas.
          Ah thats the midfield in any sane persons fantasy football team PV!
          Alberto is off on a sunday because he is on goat-sitting duty so im afraid its father titian from buckfast abbey today so you may have to tip-toe your way round the Glaswegians.
          Ah...is that a new 4D jukebox in the Morphail Suite?
          Cool!
          Time to sit back with a crate of Fowlers "wee heavy's" and ...
          CLICKK.....WHIRR..
          Pink Fairies-Kings of Oblivion!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Erm....I'll have a glass of toast, with a side order of leather goods, please, bar............entity......

Comment

• "Evening, Gentlemen and Ladies." Places brace of pistols on bar. "Was drinking, Hamer & Sikkle - porter, at the Brouwerij de Molen, in Bodegraven, where they make it.'

'Nice enough. Smooth and about 5.2% proof, in the bottle, but I thought I read 5.7% on the chalkboard for the beers on tap. Bit too much foam for my liking. But, nice to see beers like porter on the tap. I read some Amazing Stories (an invasion from the 'heavy side layer', by intelligent beetles from Mercury) and a Carnacki, The Ghost Finder.'

'Shants of Hamer & Sikkle, all round!
              "

Comment

• Ah...a very warm welcome to The Inn Wethewax....we've been expecting you!
                Thats a discerning choice of refreshment.
                May i be so bold as to recommend the newly refurbished 'Second Ether Wing' who cater for the more left-field choice of vices!

Slainthe

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
                  "Evening, Gentlemen and Ladies." Places brace of pistols on bar. "Was drinking, Hamer & Sikkle - porter, at the Brouwerij de Molen, in Bodegraven, where they make it.'

'Nice enough. Smooth and about 5.2% proof, in the bottle, but I thought I read 5.7% on the chalkboard for the beers on tap. Bit too much foam for my liking. But, nice to see beers like porter on the tap. I read some Amazing Stories (an invasion from the 'heavy side layer', by intelligent beetles from Mercury) and a Carnacki, The Ghost Finder.'

'Shants of Hamer & Sikkle, all round!
                  "
                  Aye!
                  Now theres a guy who knows how to spend a sunday evening!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Kids allowed to run wild in pubs are killing the fine art of a quiet pint, according to the Good Pub Guide.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...good-pub-guide

Couldn't agree more. There's nothing worse than going to enjoy a quick one at the Dog and Duck only to be assaulted by some hooligan toddler on a sugar high. Ban the little gits, that's what I say!

We should have a room at the back of the Moorcock Inn where they can be corralled behind a soundproof screen. If one of them misbehaves it gets fed to the Tygers of Pan Tang as an after dinner snack.

I quite like children but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Talking of a quick one, I'll have two pints of Deuchar's IPA please. I'll finish the first by the time you've poured the second.

Comment

• I've just ordered a barrel of this stuff for the reggae room.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34085397

Comment

• And a fine addition it will be to the many boot quakers already there!
                        Personally,when visiting said corner of the multibar,i prefer a snifter of the almost unquaffable 'Mona's old Gusset Well' a popular tincture amongst the Melniboneans and Granbretonians which i suspect is actually for the painters dipping the doors in!
                        I'm sticking with Guinness and Finlandia today though

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• I'm on the Berberana - Red Dragon, tempranillo and the electric tobacco substitute, tonight. You're all welcome to join me watching Faith swapping bodies with Buffy.

Comment

• Cool Pietro.
                            Nothing i like better of a sunday night than to sit down with a keg of Tartan Special to view a good old-fashioned body swap!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• There was some gangly young gent with a goatie beard in here earlier on. He was a bit pissed and was rambling on about deep fat friers and Alsatians.

In an apparently lucid moment he piped up that he was in charge now and was going to rename the Inn after some joint he knew called the Swan With Two Necks.

Not sure how that will go down with the locals.

It's Friday afternoon so I'll have a pint of Fuller's lovely Oliver's Island golden ale. And one of those pork pie wedding cakes on the side please.

Comment

• He better not be thinking of getting rid of that deep fat frier,how else can us sweaty socks get our 5 a day!
                                There will be a stramash!
                                Great choice for a Friday Avo tipple PV.
                                I am on a health kick just now so i think i will stick to the McEwans Indian Pale Ale and just the one deep fried Yorkie!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X