Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the run!

Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
    Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
    Just a flying visit after a couple of weeks sojourning in the lower planes.Make mine a whisky sour and afterwards i might get in some exercise,need to burn off a bit of flab.Dancing pole, here i come - Whoo Hoo!!!
    No, don't worry Mr Porcus Volans i'll leave the dancing poles alone tonight because i think that the last time i went berserk on them you might have found my fake fur lion leotard with the fully robotic tail a bit hard on the eyes so not today and besides i'm sort of on the run from an ugly customer:

Thrak the Hippy Dalek

A psychedelic
    cybernetic dustbin on
    the warpath right now!

I hate his war cry of "Exterminate - Maaaaaaaaann!"
    I am also trying to avoid a certain Martin Amis but that is also a three week conversation.
    By Nanna the Moon God i really need a drink...an Iced Margarita would hit the spot.
    Last edited by Kymba334; 10-13-2013, 01:22 AM. Reason: haiku repairs
    Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• I 'ear dat der iz eeh shortage ov wine!

So, 'ave sum ov de Yung Kin'dum's finest!

Purple Tewn Ale! Fer ye, 'undred virchall cases!

Emjoy! Chars!

Und e thawht ov oar day-

I sar en Bee Bay Say dis:

"In January 2013, astronomers used Kepler's data to estimate that there are at least 17 billion Earth-sized exoplanets in the Milky Way Galaxy"

I sey mullteplee dat wiv de infeenity ov dimenshiawms ov de grate Multiverse und dat equales somevin' special-ey un estonishin.'

Somvin' magekal, 'artwarmin' und 'verwhelmin' in ull dat!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• It comes in pints?

It'll be Hobbit Tuesday for me!

In the extended edition, maybe there will be more food and drink at the start of their journey!

Have to stock some supplies for some series drinking.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Halloween shmalloween. It used to be candles and bobbing for apples. Nowadays it's children in fancy dress accompanied by their parents begging for sweets with threats of violence.

I stopped off for a few pints and a curry on the way home and avoided all the forced horror.

Comment

• I drank some House Stewart this week.

Could you please let me know what your top rated whiskey list is and which are the good drinks in general? Thanks!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• My favourite whiskies are:

1. Springbank 21 y/o
              2. Macallan 18 y/o
              3. Royal Lochnagar 12 y/o
              4. Highland Park 12 y/o
              5. Glendronach 18 y/o

Beers:

1. Guinness
              2. Deuchars IPA
              3. Timothy Taylors Landlord
              4. Flowerpots Brewery Pots Ale
              5. Woodforde's Wherry

I'll stop there otherwise the list could get very long.

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
                My favourite whiskies are:

1. Springbank 21 y/o
                2. Macallan 18 y/o
                3. Royal Lochnagar 12 y/o
                4. Highland Park 12 y/o
                5. Glendronach 18 y/o

Beers:

1. Guinness
                2. Deuchars IPA
                3. Timothy Taylors Landlord
                4. Flowerpots Brewery Pots Ale
                5. Woodforde's Wherry

I'll stop there otherwise the list could get very long.

Ahh! I greatly thank you, porcus_volans.

That looks to be a very good list.

I might start with the Glendronach, those all sound wonderful!

---------
                By the way Combined Member Posts: 249,534.

We are almost at 250,000 posts inside the Miscellany!

Congratulations to us all!

Purple Town Ale all around!

Cheers!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• From my profile page.......

I have now been reading, absorbing and really enjoying Moorcock's Miscellany website for ten years!

I love these forum threads, multimedia archives and information.

I am delighted with Moorcock's Miscellany members, moderators, skilled chaos engineers and site host!

I love all the old and new treasures that I find here.

I especially love the visual arts displayed by everyone here.

I have ultra-super-love for Michael Moorcock's (Mike's) books, writings, music, stories, forum post typing, personality and all other of his works that I have read and encountered.

A Million Thanks in this Conjunction of Spheres, my Friends!

All the best,
                  lemec
                  10 Years of Website and Forum Fun!!!

Unlimited Virtual Bottles of Tanelorn Beer, Mirenberg Whiskey and Off-Moo Fruit Drinks for Everyone!

Cheers!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Originally posted by lemec View Post
                    Off-Moo Fruit Drinks
                    Are they yoghurt based?

Congrats on you 10 years Lemec. I'll stand the house a round of Jamo's to celebrate.

Comment

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
                      Originally posted by lemec View Post
                      Off-Moo Fruit Drinks
                      Are they yoghurt based?

Congrats on you 10 years Lemec. I'll stand the house a round of Jamo's to celebrate.
                      Yeah!, and all drinks are created with strict guidelines underground by the use of artificial light crystal forces and the best natural ingredients.

Thanks!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• I am in the Hawkwind room with a table full of Marstons Pedigree!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I am in the Hawkwind room with a table full of Marstons Pedigree!
                          A mate of mine runs bars at major events. At a test match at Lord's a few years back he ran a bar that only sold Marston's Pedigree (they sponsor the team). He sold 13,000 pints and took £67,000 in one day!

Imagine yourself surrounded by that much Marston's, Atticus.

I'll have a pint of Arthur and a large Jamo's chaser whilst I'm here please.

Comment

• Back in 1976, at a small convention in a hotel in Newcastle, I had Theakston's Old Peculier from the wood, for the first and only time, a very different drink from the bottled variety and utterly delicious. Forty years later, and it's still a drinking experience I cherish. Of course it was a lot stronger than it appeared and had the curious effect of making me drunk from the feet up. My head was fine, but when I tried to stand up....

Comment

• Old Peculiar, now we are talking, had many back in Manchester college days!

I like a Guinness myself, not so much recently though, prefer the Pales these days.

Comment

• Firstly...huge congrats to Lemec on his good solid 10 years on this fine forum!
                                Secondly....i have certain requirements with my beer consumption.
                                1...must be wet...erm...think thats it!

Im away to head in to the Hawkwind Room for some heads down No nonsense swallying...you will find me in Calvert Corner with my pants over my head singing Hassan i Sabbah in broken Gaelic....just because i can!

Slainthe
                                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X