Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup hands here comes Fairclough!!

Blue milk Lem!!
    A commendable choice but just remember to not look down when in the toilet.

If a Disney crew comes here to film does that mean we have to curtail the fried mars bars or should we maybe be creative and fry up some Bueno bars?
    Tough one!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• The first draft of the cast for the Disney version of Star Wars has just been released:

Luke Skywalker - Mickey Mouse
      Princess Leia - Minnie Mouse (put her in a white dresses, cut her ears off and stick them back onto flat)
      Han Solo - Donald Duck
      Chewbacca - The Beast (from Beauty and the....)
      Darth Vader - Huey, Dewey and Louie standing on each others' shoulders in true comic style
      C3PO and R2D2 - Pluto and Goofy
      Imperial Storm Troopers - the 7 dwarves

(As you can guess, I've only ever seen the first film, confusingly called Episode 4.)
      Let me tell you a story 'bout a poor boy....

Comment

• I am walking my way to my Jury Duty service today.

Perhaps a Virtual Tall One when I return!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Dont worry Lem i've stashed a couple of miniatures of Isle of Jura under your jury seat so at least your cheeks will be warm!!

Two bottles of Old Tarquins Liverhammer stout yeoman,i feel a yodel coming on!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
            feel a yodel coming on!
            You can get a cream for that TF.

I've got some bad news from the kitchen, I'm afraid. Our supplier of Boabies pies has admitted that there is no horsemeat in the pies.

On the other hand, it means that the Moorcock Mafia can stop leaving pies on people's pillows as a substitute for horse's heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by thingfish View Post
              Dont worry Lem i've stashed a couple of miniatures of Isle of Jura under your jury seat so at least your cheeks will be warm!!

Two bottles of Old Tarquins Liverhammer stout yeoman,i feel a yodel coming on!
              All right, thingfish! Ooh!

That's mighty generous of ye!

Thanks!

I think that might be my new favourite!

Today, ...Elvish Wine and Dwarven Spirits for all!!!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Proper tipples there Lem,although i always thought dwarven spirits were just the measures they give you in Aberdeen!

How dare they take our cuddymeat away PV,Boaby will have another of his famous turns and start baking those Glaswegian fairy cakes again.
                And i always thought "tonight,you sleep with Red Rum" had a great ring to it!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• This place is gettin' a might dusty!

I thought that I was walking into that ghost town Mr. Wales/Wilson goes to where everything is panned out.

I'll bring in a case from my cart.

Whiskey for everyone!!!

Cheers!

Have a fantastic day to all!

And, for The United States of America, Happy Independence Day!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Just back from extended leave in the Second Ether Moorcock Inn where the whiskey,unlike here in the good old First Ether,where,thanks to Lem its now Free!!(my fave price)
                    Some of the glasses are so unused here that they still have Melnibonean dust on them from earlier rampages!
                    So im sittin back with a pint of free gold stuff waitin for any other bargain hunters from the other ether to arrive and be skull-baked!
                    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Thanks Lemec, I'll have a vast Jameson's please.

I've just got back from a week in Ireland, which was itself a recovery exercise after three weeks in the sarf of France. It's bloody hot everywhere. Has Elric been feeding his dragons curry again? Maybe if we point their arses at the Inn they could blow some of the dust and cobwebs away.

Ahoy TF! Can you give the jukebox a poke please old bean? I hate disco at this time of day.

Comment

• Never fear PV,the melniboneans have been in and before you could say "more tea vicar?" they have restocked the old JB with some old viking sea shanties which i hastily replaced with the entire Val Doonican back catalogue!
                        That'll shift those cobwebs,especially his Armenian Black Metal Concept album "Death to all non polo neck wearers".......a toe-tapper if ever there was one!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Oh bugger! I've just tried on the ancient polo-necked jumper and it's a little too small. Obviously it's shrunk in the years it's spent at the bottom of my obscure 70's sweaters drawer.

The polo-neck bit still fits but it has morphed into a crop top somehow. Nobody deserves to suffer the sight of my muffin top, it puts Bladnoch Bess's to shame!

Comment

• Today is the 100th anniversary of the birth of the very great Bill Shankly, former manager of Liverpool FC, founder of the club's decades of success and all round genius.

All drinks are free tonight in the Shankly Suite and a video of yesterday's momentous 1-0 victory over the evil-empire that is Manchester United will be on a constant loop.

And in the words of Max Boyce, "I was there."

Comment

• Go Chelsea!!!

*runs out of the room*

das

Comment

• Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                Go Chelsea!!!
                                Who let Clinton's daughter in here? This is a respectable joint.

Comment

Working...
                                X